In this example, we demonstrate how to create an Activity in Redtail based on a Scheduled Booking in ScheduleOnce. Please note that this example can be used with other scheduling software such as Calendly, Acuity Scheduling, TimeTrade, and more.
Redtail has developed base Zaps for our users. Before adding, be sure to review that all templated data is consistent with your database and customized to your liking. To add this Zap from a template, click the link below:
If you prefer to create the Zap yourself, here are the step-by-step instructions for creating this Zap:
1. Select "Create Zap" on your Zapier home page
2. Select "ScheduleOnce" as your Trigger and "Scheduled Booking" as your Trigger Event.
3. Choose your connected ScheduleOnce account and choose Test Trigger. Note: if you need assistance connecting your ScheduleOnce account, please review the integration instructions HERE
4. If your test is unsuccessful, choose "Troubleshoot error" and follow Zapier's Guide for making changes to your Zap. If your test is successful, choose the continue option to proceed to the next Action.
5. For the next Action, choose Redtail CRM as the Action and Create Activity as the Action Event.
6. Select your connected Redtail CRM Account. Note: if you need assistance connecting your Redtail CRM account, please review the integration instructions HERE
7. Set up the action with the information you desire to have included on your Redtail CRM Activity. You can add in information from the activity by choosing the "Insert Data" Option.
8. For the End Date, select "Booking - Start time (Owner's time zone)" and then add the duration of your meeting using modifiers. For example, if your booking is one hour long type in the modifier +1h after "Booking - Start time". Below is a list of modifiers from Zapier. To learn more about adding modifers to your end time, please click HERE.
9. Insert Data "Customer - Email" in the field titled email address. By doing so, you allow Redtail CRM to connect to the appropriate contact record and automatically link them to the created activity.
10. Test Action. If successful, choose turn on Zap to complete set up.