In this example, we demonstrate how to update a cloud-synced spreadsheet based on an updated contact in Redtail. Please also note that this example can be used with other spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel.
Redtail has developed base Zaps for our users. Before adding, be sure to review that all templated data is consistent with your database and customized to your liking. To add this Zap from a template, click the link below:
If you prefer to create the Zap yourself, here are the step-by-step instructions for creating this Zap:
1. Select "Create Zap" on your Zapier home page
2. Select "Redtail CRM" as your Trigger and "Updated Contact" as your Trigger Event.
3. Select your connected Redtail CRM Account. Note: if you need assistance connecting your Redtail CRM account, please review the integration instructions HERE
4. Test Trigger. If no Trigger is found, return to Redtail CRM. Create a new contact or update an existing contact and refresh Zapier.
5. Select "Google Sheets" as your Action and "Lookup Spreadsheet Row" as your Trigger Event.
6. Select your connected Google Account:
7. Select your spreadsheet information from the drop down menus as well as the lookup column. Be sure to include a "Supporting Lookup Column" to keep information as accurate as possible.
8. Test Action. If unsuccessful, follow Zapier's Guide for further troubleshooting.
9. Select "Google Sheets" as your Action and "Update Spreadsheet Row" as your Trigger Event.
10. Select your connected Google Account:
11. Select your spreadsheet information from the drop down menus. Leave the "Row" Dropdown menu blank. The Lookup Action from steps 5 - 8 serve as a lookup for this value. You can also follow Zapier's instructions listed below the Row dropdown menu to create the Lookup Action again.
12. Enter the data you would like to have updated on your spreadsheet.