In this example, we demonstrate how to create a Slack message based on a completed workflow task. Please note that this example uses a filter which is only available to Premium (paying) users of Zapier. Please also note that this example can be used with other messaging software such as Microsoft Teams.
Redtail has developed base Zaps for our users. Before adding, be sure to review that all templated data is consistent with your database and customized to your liking. To add this Zap from a template, click the link below:
If you prefer to create the Zap yourself, here are the step-by-step instructions for creating this Zap:
1. Create a workflow template inside Redtail CRM. For assistance, please review How do I set up Workflow Processes in Redtail?
2. Initiate the workflow template in your database by choosing the Quick Add option and selecting Workflows. Select the Workflow Template and click "create new workflow". Note that you do not need to link a contact or select a target date at this time.
3. Select "Create Zap" on your Zapier home page
4. Select "Redtail CRM" as your Trigger and "Completed Workflow Step" as your Trigger Event.
5. Select your connected Redtail CRM Account. Note: if you need assistance connecting your Redtail CRM account, please review the integration instructions HERE
6. Test Trigger. Be sure to select the workflow step in the dropdown menu that is the step you want to create the message for.
6a. If the workflow step you want to create the message for still doesn't appear, select "Load More". If your desired workflow step still doesn't appear, open Redtail CRM and complete all the steps prior to that workflow step so that the workflow is now on that step. Refresh the page and select "Load More" once again.
7. Add a filter for the Zap
8. For the filter, enter to only continue if... "Name - (Text) Exactly matches - [name of workflow step]"
9. Test to ensure that your Zap would have continued. If it does not, follow Zapier's guide to Zap filters aren't working properly.
10. Select "Slack" as your Action and "Send Direct Message" as your Trigger Event.
11. Select your connected Slack Account.
12. Select your message settings such as recipient and message details
13. Test Zap and turn on if successful. If unsuccessful, follow Zapier's guide for further troubleshooting.