In this example, we demonstrate how to create a Client intake form in Google Forms that creates a contact in Redtail CRM. Please note that Redtail also has other integration partners such as PreciseFP and Redcapture that have similar functionality plus more features. Also note that these same steps can be completed to integrate other Form Filling software such as TypeForm or Gravity Forms.
Redtail has developed base Zaps for our users. Before adding, be sure to review that all templated data is consistent with your database and customized to your liking. Note that you will need to have a Google Form of your own created before adding this zap from a template. For an example Client Intake Google Form, click the link below:
To add this Zap from a template, click the link below:
If you prefer to create the Zap yourself, here are the step-by-step instructions for creating this Zap:
1. Create a Google Form with the fields you would like to capture in Redtail CRM. For assistance making your forms, visit the Google Help Center HERE.
Here are some things you may want to capture on your Google Form:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Home Address
- Primary Email Address
- Primary Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Job Title
- Referred By
- Tax ID
- Marital Anniversary
Important Considerations for your Google Forms:
- When requesting addresses split the information on the form into separate fields for address, city, state, country, and zip code. Entering the entire address into one field will create messy data in Redtail CRM.
- When requesting information in numeric values such as TAX ID or Phone Number, consider adding instructions not to include spaces, dashes, or brackets. Numeric values should be entered with numbers only.
- When requesting information for date values such as date of birth or marital anniversary, format the field using the date option.
- Data that is pulled from database lists in Redtail CRM should NOT be asked about in the Google Form. Examples include Status, Category, Source, Salutation, Servicing Advisor, Writing Advisor, Gender, and Marital Status. These are fields that should be entered in after the contact is added.
2. Select "Create Zap" on your Zapier home page
3. Select "Google Forms" as your Trigger and "New Response in Spreadsheet" as your Trigger Event.
4. Choose your connected Google account and choose Continue
5. Select the Client Intake Form you created in Step 1 as Spreadsheet and choose the Worksheet where the responses to the form will be posted.
6. Test Trigger. Note that you will need at least one response to your client intake form to successfully test the trigger. Consider filling out the Client Intake Form yourself or as a sample contact to create a response.
7. For the next Action, choose Redtail CRM as the Action and Create Activity as the Action Event.
8. Select your connected Redtail CRM Account. Note: if you need assistance connecting your Redtail CRM account, please review the integration instructions HERE
9. Set up the action with the information you desire to have included on your Redtail CRM Contact. You can add in information from the activity by choosing the "Insert Data" Option.
10. Test Action. If your test is successful, proceed to turn on Zap. If your test is unsuccessful, choose "Troubleshoot error" and follow Zapier's Guide for making changes to your Zap.