When you click "Contacts" from your main navigation menu on the left of your CRM . . .
. . . the contacts you've marked as "Favorites" are now the first group of contacts you will see, rather than your Contacts A-Z list:
Note: each individual database user will see their own list of Favorites, i.e., when you mark a contact as a Favorite, this has no effect on the Favorites list another database user sees.
A column displaying a yellow star will now display on all your lists of contacts (Contacts A-Z, Search results, Tag Groups, Quicklists, etc.). If the star is filled in solid, the contact is a Favorite - otherwise, you have not designated them as a favorite:
From any of these displays of contacts, you can mark a contact as a favorite either by 1) clicking the star in its row or 2) clicking its Actions menu and selecting "Mark as Favorite":
While within a contact record, you can mark or unmark a contact as a favorite by either 1) clicking the star within their Basic Information section or 2) going to their Common Tasks menu and making the appropriate selection there:
The ability to mark contacts as Favorites at the individual database user level provides you an easy way to access the contacts you work with most frequently (though you can use other criteria for determining which contacts you mark as a favorite - that's up to you).
You have all of the options available with favorite contacts that are typically available after running an Advanced Search by placing checks next to your desired contact(s) and then clicking the Contact Options button above the list of contacts:
Also, when clicking a contact's Actions button, you'll be presented with further possible actions:
- Go to provides you with quick access to different areas of the contact's record:
- Send to allows you to send contact data from Redtail to some of our different integration partners.
- Add new allows you to add a new Activity or Note for the contact.
- Send email pops up a "Compose Email Message" modal to allow you to send an email to the client (if you are a Redtail email subscriber and have your email preferences set to use the internal email client). Note: the "Send email" option will not appear here for clients that don't have an email address marked as Primary on their record.
- Mark/Unmark as Favorite allows you to change a contact's favorited status.
- Delete allows you to send the contact to your Recycle Bin.
Finally, note that there is a button next to your Contact Options button that will allow you to control which columns are displayed here: