Employee departures are either incredibly frustrating or for the best. Either way, these are the steps you’ll need to take to remove your ex-employee’s access to the CRM and reassign their responsibilities.
1. To remove access from an ex-employee, change the password and email associated with the Redtail user account.
2. Reassign or delete activities in bulk from the Today page.
3. Remove or replace that employee on any teams they were on.
4. Re-assign open workflow tasks to other users.
5. Re-assign tasks in workflow templates to other users.
6. Once you feel comfortable that a full transition has taken place, fully disable the user.
7. Update the Team Notices with any notifications or messages to the office regarding the employee’s departure.
8. Use a Note Template to record the employee’s exit interview.
9. Create a Workflow to ensure consistency in this process in the future.
Restricting access to a former employee is a safe guard for any potential issues they may create after their termination. Although it is rare, a disgruntled employee can retaliate on your office when allowed continuous access to your CRM. While it may be tempting to fully disable the user immediately, we recommend keeping the user active for a short period to ensure a smooth transition of activities and workflow tasks.