Congratulations! You’ve just added a new client to your book of business. There is a lot to be done to get your client up and going with your practice. Redtail provides a number of tools to make this transition as efficient as possible.
1. Change the contact Status to “Active Client.”
2. Add and label contact information to designate primary and preferred methods of communication.
3. Enter Client Since Date.
4. Enter essential information not collected during discovery process TAX ID, DOB, etc.
5. Add User Defined fields for contact’s preferred meeting time, and other information essential to the client relationship.
6. Add the contact’s family members and link through the family page.
7. Collect and input information to the Know Your Client section such as CPA, Attorney, Driver’s license information, etc.
8. Create and Activity template for client onboarding meetings.
9. Create a Workflow that breaks down the client onboarding process step-by-step.
10. Add an Automation that starts a workflow when a "client onboarding" activity is added.
You only get one chance to make a first impression. A smooth onboarding process is essential for instilling trust and confidence in your client's mind towards their new advisor. For best practice, Redtail recommends automating a part of this process by using automations and workflows like the ones included above.