1. Go to your Exchange Admin Center in 365. Note: You may have to switch to the classic view on Exchange Admin Center to see the Compliance Management section referenced below in step 2.
2. Select Compliance Management.
3. Select Journal Rules.
4. From the Journal Rules section, click Select address.
5. Add a recipient for undeliverable reports
- Please know that any internal mailbox you choose will not journal incoming mail.
- Do not choose any user whose mailbox you need archived.
6. Select the "+" icon to add a journaling rule.
7. Enter the following in the popup window fields:
- Send journal reports to: (enter journaling address)
- Name: Enter a name for the journaling rule
8. Select Apply to all messages.
9. Click Save.
Note: If the journal rule is configured and the MX record on the archive domain points to Redtail, but mail does not send to your archive with Redtail, you may need to make one additional change in the Exchange Admin Center with Office 365. Under the Mail Flow section you will need to click on the list of "Accepted Domains" and set the Domain Type on the archive domain from "Authoritative" to "Internal". This allows mail to relay to an off-site network location.