You'll find multiple posts on Workflows in Tailwag, from documents on how to create those processes to videos on building and using them. In this post, we just want to take a look at what you'll see when you click on the Workflows link from your Left Menu Bar in Tailwag:
While your actual information, of course, will be different, below is a look at a sample portion of the Workflows page you'll see when clicking this option:
Before we take a look at how you can work with your Active Workflows on this page, let's take a look at your options above and to the right side of this page:
- Export - by default this page opens up to display your Active Workflows. The Export button allows you to export and download this data in Excel.
- Active - by default, your view of this page is Active Workflows.
- Complete - if you'd like to see the Workflows completed in your database, you can click this button.
- New Workflow - create a new Active Workflow in your database, using either an existing Workflow Template from your database or from scratch.
Now, let's take a look at your options with the Active Workflows on display.
First, clicking on a Workflow Name here takes you to the main page for that Active Workflow where you can see all of its Steps and Tasks and work with the process as necessary.
Clicking a Linked Contact's name here takes you to the Workflows page for that particular contact. Note: if multiple contacts are linked to the Workflow, you'll instead see a modal that displays all of those Linked Contacts as well as allowing you to pick more contacts to link. Clicking a contact's name from that modal will take you to the Workflows page for that particular contact.
Let's now take a look at the options you'll see when clicking the Actions menu for any of your Active Workflows on this page:
In the example above, we've clicked the Actions menu for one of our Active Workflows. Let's consider each of these options separately:
- Edit Workflow — this allows you to change the Workflow's Name, Owner, Category, Target Date and/or Description:
Note: the Category field for Workflows is a customizable list under "Activities and Notes" on your Manage Database Lists page.
- Complete Current Step — this allows you to complete the current Step in the Workflow, select an Outcome (if applicable), and add any Step Notes you'd like to add:
- Workflow Diagram — click to display a diagram of the Steps in your Workflow:
- Link Contact — click to 1) pick additional contacts to link to the Workflow, 2) unlink previously linked contacts or 3) click an individual linked contact's name, which will then take you to their Active Workflows page:
- Link Opportunity — click to select an Opportunity within your database to link the Workflow to:
- Link Seminar — click to select a Seminar within your database to link the Workflow to:
- Send to Search — clicking this option will send all linked contacts to your Advanced Search page, where further options are then available with those contacts.
- Save as Template —this will allow you to save the Workflow as a Workflow Template. This can be useful if 1) you created a new Workflow for the contact when adding it to their record or 2) you substantially modified an existing Template that you attached to them that you want to reuse with other contacts.
- Timeline — clicking this will display a timeline of events you've performed on the Workflow (adding or updating Steps or Tasks).
- Summary Notes — if a step has potential Outcomes, there is a field to enter Notes when completing the Step and selecting the Outcome. These Notes are what you can see when selecting this option.
- Workflow Checklist Report — clicking this option will automatically download a PDF file, suitable for printing, that displays which Steps/Tasks have been completed, their Owner and their Due Date.
- Delete Workflow — selecting this option removes the Workflow from your database. Keep in mind you are only deleting this instance of the Workflow, and not the template itself, if the Workflow was created from a template.