Redtail Webmail affords users the ability to share mailbox folders, address books, calendars, and tasks with other users. When you delegate access with internal users or groups, you choose the type of access you wish to grant, including:
- Viewer. The Grantee can view/read the contents of the shared folder(s) but cannot change the content.
- Manager. The Grantee has permissions to view, edit, remove content, create new subfolders, accept and decline calendar invitations or requests to share other folders.
- Admin. The Grantee has full permission to manage the folder, including view, edit, create new subfolders and remove content; accept and decline invitations, share your folder with other people or groups, or revoke access to a shared folder.
- None. This is an option to temporarily disable access to a grantor's shared folder without revoking the share privileges. The Grantee still has the folder in their list but cannot view or manage activities in the folder.
The delegation of access is a simple process that we will explore below. This post will focus on the sharing of an Address Book.
First off, you will want to log into Redtail Webmail. If you need assistance with accessing webmail, click here.
Once you are logged into your webmail account, you will want to locate the Address Book you wish to share within your Address Book hierarchy pane to the left and right-click on the folder. In the right-click menu, you will select Share Address Book.
After selecting Share Address Book, the Share Properties dialog box will appear. This is where you will establish the sharing type, assign roles, and more. You will take the following steps:
Enter the full email address of the user you want to delegate access to in the Email: field.
Assign a role within the Role section. (An explanation of each role was outlined above.)
Select the Message Option. We suggest Send Standard Message. You can choose from the following options:
- Do not send mail about this share. No message is sent.
- Send standard message. The standard share notification message is sent to the email address. This message includes the name of the Address Book that is being shared, your address, the grantee's address and the role assigned with a list of the allowed actions.
- Add a note to standard message. You can add additional information to the standard message.
Select OK once all properties are established.
Once you select OK, the email notification is sent to the party to whom you opted to delegate access. Essentially your work is complete. For the user receiving the email, they will simply just follow the steps below to complete the setup process.
Click in the email. The Accept Share dialog opens and describes the role that has been assigned to the user.
The user will next see the Accept Share dialog box appear. Before the user fully accepts the share, they are afforded the opportunity to change the mail folder name as it will display in their mailbox and select a color to highlight the folder.
The user can select to send a confirmation back to the Grantor. (Optional)
After the desired changes have been elected, click Yes. The Address Book is added to your Address Book list within the hierarchy pane to the left. The message is moved to the Trash folder.
Note: After the acceptance, the user can right-click on the folder, select Edit Properties to change the assigned color and rename the folder at any time.
After the share has been mounted, it will appear within Address Book hierarchy pane on the left.
When a shared folder is opened, the content of the folder is visible. This visible content is not actually saved in your mailbox. Note: The data within the shared folder(s) will need to sync and may take a few minutes to fully propagate.
If you have access to more than one Address book, you can select the specific address book to view it's content.
Note: If a user is utilizing the Zimbra Connector for Outlook (ZCO), the sharing setup within Webmail will be accessible from within Outlook.
Other Helpful Links Related to Sharing:
For Instructions on managing items you have shared, click here.
For Instructions on how to share Calendars, click here.
For Instructions on how to share Mailbox Folders, click here.