Note: not all Tailwag Release Notes will be published here, as many updates will not necessarily be "visible" to Redtail subscribers or relevant to how you interact with the UI. Instead we will focus upon providing short descriptions here of Release Notes that are notable in regard to what you see or how you interact with Tailwag.
v2.00.058 – 9/13/2017
* Fixed: error that occurred when attempting to create a new contact from the Linked Contact area of an activity, when that new contact only has one name, e.g., Cher, Plato, Prince, Sting, Bono, Björk, Flea, Coolio.
* Updated: The Personal Profile Form field for “Occupation” has been changed to “Job Title”, as the data pulled for this comes from the Job Title area of a contact’s Basic Information section.
* Fixed: issue where double-clicking Run Autolink on Unlinked Accounts report could result in creation of duplicate accounts in some cases.
* Updated: left sidebar so that on smaller screens it is more responsive. Also, again for smaller screens, the menu area will now close when clicking outside the menu area.
* Added: warning message for users when attempting to edit or delete a shared address, when attempting to do so from a non-Head of Household record. In a nutshell, this lets users know that edits or deletions in those cases will be reflected in the Head of Household record and other family records that share the address as well.
* Fixed: when resetting a Family Head, the prior Family Head was being set to “Other Dependent”, rather than Spouse. This has been resolved.
* Updated: Market Tools component of Morningstar integration so that graphics are more responsive to changes in browser sizes.
* Fixed: when editing a Workflow, Due Dates for Tasks were appearing as blank, even if present when not in edit mode.
* Added: ability to link Documents to Activities.
* Updated: Completed Activity Notes now include that Activity’s Linked Account info as well, where applicable.
* Updated: Today page’s Recent Notes area now includes Completed Activity Notes.
* Fixed: Activity, Workflow and Note Notification Emails were not sending in all cases. This has been resolved. Also, no email notifications were going out for activities that were completed / updated / created from the mobile app. That's fixed too!
* Fixed: an issue where completed job notification emails were reflecting the time the email was sent rather than the time the job was completed.
* Fixed: Requested Database Backups weren't consistently sending notification of success or failure of the backup, nor were they always showing up in the Backups area upon completion. These issues have been corrected.
* Updated: Note comments are now included when a note is copied to another contact via the “Copy to another contact” option.
* Updated: Disclosure statement is now included on the Personal Profile form.
* Added: The Transactions by Account PDF now includes an ID Column.
* Fixed: Running Reports as jobs wasn't consistently sending notification of success or failure of the job, nor were completed jobs always showing up in Dropbox files area. These should now function as expected.
* Added: ability to create User Defined Fields whose Field Value selection is constrained to numbers only.
* Updated: We’ve added a Basic Information section to the Account Details page, making it easier to find all of that information in one place on that page.
* Added: Documents can now be linked to multiple accounts on a contact record.
* Updated: The silhouettes for an Activity’s Linked Contacts now display by the appropriate type (Individual, Business, Trust, Union, Association) when a photo has not been uploaded for the Linked Contact.
* Fixed: The bar at the top of the Opportunities page now updates dynamically when an opportunity is deleted from your database.
* Fixed: Insufficient padding issues in several of the modals throughout the application.
* Updated: The Writing Advisor list is now alphabetically ordered on Advanced Search in the criteria box.
* Updated: We’ve removed the Transaction ID from contact’s Transactions page to eliminate any confusion (as it really represents an entry number rather than an official transaction ID.
v2.00.053 — 8/16/2017
* Fixed: Colors selected for Completed Activity Background Color weren’t sticking any further than the first selected change, i.e., your first selected change from the default completed background color would stick, but subsequent changes would not:
* Added: Seminar Sign-In and Seminar Check-In Sheets (PDFs) that can be printed for use with your Attendees and Guests at Seminars and other events.
* Fixed: a recent issue that popped up where the Personal Profile Form wasn’t pulling spousal information.
* Added: Account Owner is now reflected on all Account Report, Withdrawal Report and Beneficiary Report PDFs
* Added: ability to filter the Account Renewals Reminder Report and the Account Rider Reminder Report by all past due reminders.
* Fixed: In Custom Exports that included the Last Note field, the date for the Note was not being included in the export in all cases. This is resolved.
* Fixed: Sorting Seminars, the Contacts by Review Frequency Report, the Notes by Contact Report, the Activities by Contact Report or the Opportunities Report by the Date column(s) will now sort correctly by month, day and year.
* Fixed: issue for some switch-in users, where when running some exports as a switch-in user, contacts would be pulled from their “native” database as well.
* Fixed: error some users were receiving when attempting to run the Activities by Contact Export or the Last Activity Report from Advanced Search.
* Fixed: When adding a new Workflow Template, a hard refresh was required for the new template to show up alphanumerically. Now these will rise to their proper place in the list automatically.
* Fixed: The Automations modal for adding Conditions was sometimes throwing errors rather than closing properly upon clicking “Add Condition.”
Manage Your Account
* Removed: all options other than Delete from the Actions menu next to external (switch-in) users on the User Management page. You can delete an external user from your database, but the other options that previously appeared there were removed, as they would only apply to a database user within their home database.
* Updated: The integration with Everplans now allows you to send Households (Head of Household and Spouse only) to your Everplans account from Redtail. Also, if you have multiple Firm Users set up within Everplans, you'll have an option to choose which of them to associate a Household with when sending it over.
v2.00.048 — 8/4/2017
Permissions / Automations
*Added: You can now set up Automations that will allow you to permission contacts based upon met conditions.
* Fixed: error that sometimes occurred when updating Condition on automations modal.
* Added: ability to set color preferences on the Calendar for Client Review, Marital Anniversary and Birthdays:
* Fixed: When printing all day activities, they were spread across two pages, with the Subject, Date, Attendees and Contact(s) on the first page and the Type, Category, Location and Description on the second.
* Fixed: If Workflow Task names contain an apostrophe, they were being cut off on Calendar tooltip. Task names with apostrophes are now being afforded the same courtesy as those without apostrophes.
* Added: option to send email to individual contacts from their Actions menu on Advanced Search page:
* Fixed: If one didn’t have an Email Address and Phone Number for a Primary Contact entered, the contact for whom they are entered as a Primary Contact wouldn’t be returned in search results for the Primary Contact. That’s a bit confusing, but, bottom line, it’s been resolved.
* Added: dropdown menu for Identification Type when searching for Identifications (DL, Green Card, etc.) on Advanced Search. This should definitely help with ID’ing IDs.
* Fixed: Advanced Searches for “Account Types Equal to” included deleted accounts in search results. They don’t now.
* Added: dropdown menu for Criteria when running an Advanced Search for Date of Birth Reminders (whether they were enabled or disabled for a contact):
* Fixed: spacing was off on New Contact button on Advanced Search page for some screen resolutions.
* Updated: You can now add email addresses that include the characters "?" or "&" without receiving an error.
* Changed: Professional Contacts header in Know Your Client section to simply “Professional”, as other professional information is stored in that area.
* Added: ability to add a contact to an existing Seminar (rather than just a new one) when accessing Seminars from within a contact record.
*Added: dynamic refresh when adding/deleting address/phone that is to be replaced with address/phone shared from Head of Household.
*Fixed: issue where in some cases you couldn’t go into a Contact record’s Opportunities section and link them to an existing Opportunity.
* Added: Along with the existing First and Last Name, we've added a contact's Status, Middle Name, Nickname, Suffix and picture in dropdown displays anywhere within Redtail where you can link a contact to something else. This is an effort to assist you with making sure you are selecting the correct contact to link.
* Fixed: Previously, unless you manually refreshed page after adding spouse/family head/dependent, that same individual could be linked in another dependent relationship (at least until you left the page and came back, at which point it functioned as expected).
* Updated: When adding a Note to a contact when linking to an account, dropdown menu now includes account type, product, status and company in addition to account number.
* Updated: We’ve removed Additional Information separator spacing from Account Details page.
Manage Your Account
* Changed: verbiage on Password Change modal to ensure clarity.
* Fixed: when adding new Membership Types, they were appearing at the end of the list of Types rather than falling in their alphanumeric place.
* Fixed: issue where HTML was displaying in Notifications Emails for Notes/Descriptions.
* Updated: Note drafts were being included in the Last Note Report.
* Added: Account Status (i.e., Open/Closed) now included in the full beneficiary report.
* Fixed: the Contacts by State report was including deleted addresses for contacts.
* Fixed: The Personal Profile Form was not printing the Address 2 line, where applicable.
* Fixed: Shared address was missing from the Personal Profile Form if it was run from the spouse’s record, rather than the Head of Household’s record.
* Fixed: Personal Profile Form, when run for a dependent, was pulling other dependents as children of the dependent.
* Updated: Address City, State and Zip now wrapped on one line on Personal Profile Form.
* Added: The Driver’s License Issue Date is now displayed on the Personal Profile Form accessible from a Contact’s Common Tasks menu.
* Added: Contact’s middle initial and status to Unlinked Accounts Report to assist with manual linking of clients who have same first and last name.
* Changed: We made column spacing/formatting changes to the Workflow Checklist Report.
* Fixed: Workflow Checklist Report now includes Linked Contacts.
* Updated: when viewing both Open and Completed Activities, the Activity Reports views in the CSV and PDF will now display the applicable status for each account.
* Fixed: issue affecting some users who were unable to create Activities from messages in the Mobile Assistant and Copytalk areas.
* Fixed: issue where Enable/Disable selection on the Manage Integrations page was not sticking in all cases.
v2.00.047 – 7/20/2017
* Added: ability to set one’s Default Login Page to the main Reports page.
* Fixed: When changing a Family Name, the change is now reflected dynamically onscreen without needing a manual refresh.
* Added: A Workflow’s Category is now included in the export option available from the main Workflows page.
* Fixed: The Notes by Contact Report was displaying and exporting Note drafts.
* Added: Portfolio Withdrawals Report (All Non-Closed Accounts)
* Added: Note comments now included on single note pdfs, Notes by Contact Report and other PDF Note Reports.
* Updated: When clicking “Manage My Subscription”, you’ll now see that area on a new tab, as previously there was no easy way to get back to your CRM from within the same tab.
* Updated: Activities Reports were not showing Linked Contact Suffixes, i.e., Jr., III, etc., which could produce generational and/or designation confusion.
* Fixed: when hovering your cursor over an Activity’s Linked Attendees on Activities widget, the linked attendees tooltip was not displaying.
* Fixed: 500 Error that occurred when attempting to print Week View for any week that includes an Activity that stretches across multiple days in following weeks.
* Fixed: when viewing the “Create New Workflow” modal from a contact record, after selecting a Workflow Template from the first menu, the Workflow Name field updates. If you go back and select a different Workflow Template, that Workflow Name field was not updating to reflect your new selection, but instead stubbornly clinging to your initial choice.
* Updated: When adding a keyword for a contact, the Add Keyword modal will now display “available” rather than “existing” keywords. A subtle distinction, to be sure, but an important one.
* Updated: our integration with MoneyGuidePro now offers an additional setting that will allow you to grant other database users (and switch-in database users) the authorization to "impersonate" you when using the Send To and/or Single Sign On features of the integration. Note: if you are a single advisor, single assistant office, you'd have no need to adjust these settings. They will primarily be of benefit to multi-advisor, single assistant or similar offices.
* Added: link to sign up for Redtail’s monthly newsletter from the Help menu within the CRM.
* Fixed: issue affecting some MarketingPro users where they received a 500 error when attempting to create a MarketingPro document for a contact from within the CRM.
* Updated: modal for Keyword application to a contact, combining the best parts of how this was handled in Tailwag 1.0 (all currently assigned Keywords indicated) and Tailwag 2.0 (no manual typing of Keywords required, but rather just ticking off a box).
* Fixed: the Category filter was not working for the Contacts NOT Permissioned Report.
* Fixed: The Personal Profile Form was not pulling Phone Numbers with a Type of “Other”.
* Updated: Workflow Step Notes now display time as date/time rather than in words, i.e. “three months ago”
* Added: Rep selection option for account opening component of TCA integration.
* Fixed: The Assignee tooltip for Pending Activities on a Contact Record was displaying HTML in addition to Assignee name(s).
* Added: ability to search BICE dates from Advanced Search.
v2.00.045 - 7/05/2017
* Added: Date Picker as available Value type for User Defined Fields, allowing you to standardize the formatting of date values for UDFs that require them.
* Fixed: The Send to MailChimp option available as a Bulk Contact Option from your Advanced Search page now displays your existing MailChimp lists in alphanumeric order, as any good list should be displayed.
* Improved: When adding a Spouse to a contact’s Family from the contact’s Family page, the screen now refreshes automatically so that the Change Head of Household option is immediately available.
* Improved: Workflow Tasks on your Calendar now display any Linked Contacts for the Task via Tooltip when you hover over them.
* Fixed: when updating an Open Workflow Task from within a contact record, the update wasn’t displayed until after a page refresh. That click has been eliminated.
* Fixed: When completing an Activity, the Activity’s Notes in some instances were displaying Pacific time rather than the time zone indicated by users within their Site Preferences.
* Fixed: Some merge fields weren’t always pulling as expected for individual emails when using the internal email client.
* Added: “Reset Integration” option to settings for eMoney users. This allows you to clear the connection and set up differently, should you desire to do so.
* Added: Report to show Family Relationships.
* Fixed: Notes were being cut off at the bottom of the page in some cases on the Notes by Contact Report.
* Fixed: issue for some users where accounts had to be edited/linked twice in order for the account’s balance to be immediately reflected.
* Fixed: Calendar Month View Print option - Activities that started and ended on different days were only printing on the day they start on.
* Fixed: The Contact Age Distribution Chart was including Deleted Records in its calculations.
* Fixed: option to show non-primary joint accounts was sometimes displaying accounts for deleted account owners as well.
* Fixed: Changing TIme Zone could change all-day activity to span across days.
* Fixed: Issue where Activity Times could not be edited at narrower browser widths (800px).
* Fixed: Notes by Contact PDF was cutting off Long Note Formatting, e.g. paragraph breaks.
* Changed: On the Birthday Reminders Report, the Filter now functions correctly when selecting the "365 days in advance" option.
* Fixed: 500 Error users sometimes received when clicking on Social/ Twitter link.
* Fixed: Inactive Workflows were showing in Automations Menus.
v2.00.044 - 6/21/2017
* Fixed: Disclosure Statement indicated in Preferences was missing from all Account PDF Reports. We found it – it’s back!
* Fixed: When printing Week View of activities, the second page was rounding activities to the nearest hour in some cases. This odd proclivity has been stamped out.
* Fixed: When updating an Activity’s Start Time, in some cases the End Time was not self-adjusting to maintain the same duration for the Activity as originally indicated. Now it will.
* Fixed: Contacts by Category Pie Charts were not always displaying the category clicked upon. We get it – when you pick a piece of pie out, that’s the piece of pie you want. And now, that’s the piece of pie you’ll get!
* Fixed: Contact Record Opportunities filter “Select all” option was inconsistently returning all relevant opportunities. This has been addressed.
* Fixed: Deleted Keywords were still appearing on Custom Exports that included Keyword field. Now they won’t!
* Fixed: When users attempted to drag a repeating event on the calendar, the change wasn’t always sticking. These changes should stick now, in all cases.
* Fixed: issue where some Email subscribers were receiving a “There is no body for this message” alert when trying to open an email from their Email history.
v2.00.041 - 6/07/2017
* Updated: The Schwab OpenView Gateway® integration is now open to all Schwab Advisor Center users.
* Updated: The Everplans integration now includes Single Sign-On and Send-to functionality, as well as the ability to see recent Everplans activity within Redtail.
* Added: The Citizenship field now included in sync to LaserApp. The Citizenship field is available in Redtail in their Misc. Personal Information section under Know Your Client.
* Fixed: Some TDA Veo integration users were receiving errors when attempting to access from Redtail’s integrations menu. This should no longer be an issue.
* Fixed: The LaserApp export available from Advanced Search as a bulk option was including City, State and Zip in their appropriate fields as well as combined in the ClientApt# field.
* Fixed: Business, Association, Trust and Union Type records were not being included in the Send-to functionality for LaserApp Anywhere. They now are.
* Fixed: When a contact was created from another record’s Family tab, their shared address was not included in Send-to LaserApp. This is resolved.
* Fixed: The Contacts page contact info tooltip dropped down beneath bottom of screen in some instances. Only being able to see the tip of the tooltip was unhelpful. Now it’s all displayed and helpful as intended.
* Updated: Automation lists have been alphabetized. A cosmetic change, sure, but the more you automate the more you’ll appreciate the update. And you are automating, aren’t you?
* Fixed: Phone extensions added for Primary Contacts on the Misc Client Info tab of Know Your Client on their Overview page weren’t always saving when entered. Now, they are.
* Fixed: Recently Added Notes accessible from Contact Overview would sometimes display as blank. This had to do with default time frame selected and typically occurred after a long weekend. It should no longer occur.
* Fixed: Accounts with the Type of Term Life were displaying code in the “Premium Paid to Date” field available from the account’s Details page.
* Fixed: Switch-In Users received 500 errors when attempting to access dropbox files or database backups. This is resolved.
* Fixed: For Custom Exports that included some account data fields, if a contact didn’t have data for all of those fields they were excluded from the export. These exports are now far less exclusionary.
* Fixed: When printing from the Activity Details page for a contact, the PDF would sometimes cut off and/or squish together verbiage from the Description field. Cutting off and squishing have been eliminated.
* Fixed: The Client Reviews Reminder Report and the Birthday Reminder Report were not pulling the Primary Phone if that number’s Type was Mobile. This has been addressed.
v2.00.040 - 5/24/2017
* Updated: Left padding on Team Notices text was too large, giving the appearance of a tab-happy administrator. With the update, this padding was decreased by 75%.
* Updated: Auto-formatting incorporated when entering Phone Numbers for Departments in a non-Individual Type contact record. A keystroke-saving, consistency-improving update.
* Updated: Navigation bar background color to match page background color. They were ever so slightly different. So slightly, in fact, that it was almost imperceptible. Until one saw it, in which case one couldn’t unsee the discrepancy. We’ve resolved this.
* Fixed: Occupation was missing from Personal Profile form in some cases.
* Fixed: The Birthday Report was missing the Servicing Advisor field.
* Fixed: When printing a single note from a Contact Record, or when printing the Last Note Report from Advanced Search Contact Options, formatting wasn’t being honored in the print version and longer Notes were cut off at the bottom of the page. Both issues have been resolved.
* Fixed: When typing in (or copying/pasting) color codes for Calendar, striking Enter or clicking Save weren’t consistently saving the indicated color. This has been addressed.
* Fixed: In some instances, the selection of an individual letter from the Contacts A-Z screen would pull more records than just those whose last name met that letter criteria.
* Fixed: Some users were experiencing Single Sign-On (SSO) issues with the MoneyGuidePro integration. Those issues are resolved.
* Fixed: Formatting was not being preserved for Mobile Assistant and Copytalk messages. This has been addressed.
v2.00.038 – 05/10/2017
* Updated: Threshold preferences for Bulk Actions can now be set to 500 (previously you were limited to setting this to a high of 200). This number allows you to establish the threshold at which point bulk contact options will be processed as a job in the background, allowing you to proceed with other work in your CRM:
* Updated: The Reminders preference widget has been renamed "Dashboard Reminders" in order to clarify that your selections here will not affect your Reminder Reports, but instead apply only to the Reminders tab accessible from your Dashboard:
*Fixed: When adding or editing an Opportunity from within a contact record, you are now correctly routed to the record rather than to the main Opportunity page.
* Fixed: If validation fails when creating a new Opportunity, the page will display errors properly in order that you may continue to edit the form, rather than forcing you to begin the form anew.
* Fixed: Two housekeeping items - 1) The Age Filter for the Contacts by RMD Report is now correctly labeled and 2) Driver's License is now consistently capitalized as "DL" on the Personal Profile.
* Updated: The Assistant columns in the Outlook Export CSV are now populated with Primary Contact data.
* Fixed: Contact Timeline filtered to "Contact" option was not filtering properly. This has been resolved.
* Updated: When an Employer is created through Contact Add process, that Employer's Contact status is now set to Not Specified. Previously, it was left blank which could cause issues when syncing contacts using Retriever.
* Fixed: If a Spouse's Employer is different than that of the main contact when using the Add Contact option, that Employer will now be properly created upon completion of the Add Contact process.
v2.00.035 – 04/21/2017
* Fixed: Workflow Notification emails were not being sent in some cases when Workflows were attached to contacts from within their individual Workflow area rather than by using the Quick Add method.
* Fixed: Users can now download the Personal Profile form for Businesses, Trusts, Associations or Unions without receiving a 500 error.
* Updated: we’ve condensed form sizes in many instances by reducing font and padding.
* Fixed: the Contacts by Category pie chart has been adjusted to the same threshold as the other pie charts for determining which categories wind up in the “Other” category.
* Added: Fields for Added By and Created On Date are now available from your Contact Overview pages.
* Fixed: 500 error for LPL ClientWorks users when attempting to resolve discrepancies between LPL account feed and existing Redtail account data.
* Fixed: 500 errors that sometimes occurred when running a Custom Export that included fields from the Account General Information section or included the field Last Privacy Offering.
* Updated: the Client Detail Report is now organized alphabetically to increase usability.
* Fixed: an error that was sometimes occurring for LPL users when attempting to combine contacts.
* Added: Inbound Single Sign-On from Envestnet to to Redtail.
* Fixed: issue that was preventing some Scottrade accounts from autolinking.
* Fixed: when creating a Workflow and using a template from the Quick Add route on the Contact Overview page, some users were receiving an error.
v 2.00.034 - 4/12/2017
* Fixed: Disclosure Statement wasn’t Saving in Preferences for some users.
* Updated: Activities Dashboard/Today’s Activities - Reschedule option available from Activity Options didn’t have Time Picker dropdown, as in previous version, which forced manual entry of Start/End Times.
* Added: Created At and Last Updated fields for Opportunities now included in display and exports.
* Fixed: The No Contact Report was returning 0 results for some users after recent update. While many of them were happy with their apparent outreach effort as of late, alas, it was too good to be true. The numbers once again reflect actual points of contact.
* Fixed: Issue affecting some Redtail Email subscribers where they had to download emails rather than simply clicking to view them.
* Fixed: Birthday report was not pulling Primary Address and/or Phone Number for spouses/dependents of a Head of Household who was linking that information to their records.
* Fixed: Individual occurrences of a repeating activity that included a Guest Attendee were not allowing Save & Complete. Users could complete the series, but not an individual instance where Guest Attendees were included.
* Fixed: Membership Report was only pulling the first Membership listed for contacts, in some cases.
* Fixed: Calendar’s Select All checkbox under Users wasn’t working properly, i.e., it wasn’t selecting all. Now it does.
* Fixed: Issue for users in Hawaii-Aleutian Time Zone that was affecting Start Date when creating activities.
* Added: “Not Specified” category on the Contacts by Gender chart so that users can quickly determine those records for which they need to add a gender designation.
* Added: Auto-expanding text box when typing Note Comments so users can easily see the entirety of their Comment as needed.
* Fixed: Issue with viewing larger versions of some contact photo thumbnails
* Fixed: Contact Overview Next Activity only displayed next activity if it fell within next 30 days. Now it will look beyond that, as expected.
* Added: When hovering over Activity subject lines, you’ll now see a popup bubble with the Description of that Activity.
* Fixed: issue some users were experiencing when attempting to send contact to eMoney.
* Fixed: Starting Date for week, All day activities display, multiple-day activities display and legibility on PDF created for printing Week View of Redtail Calendar.
v 2.00.033 - 3/29/2017
*Fixed: Multiple issues users were experiencing with Retriever for Tailwag, that included freezing Retriever Reminder popups, Tasks and Activities not syncing in either direction, Contacts not syncing, and 502 and 504 Gateway errors when running.
* Fixed: Several issues with Notes Reports. 1) Added Time Stamp to Notes Reports. Time Stamp was present onscreen, but wasn’t included in pdfs you can generate from those reports. On pdfs, as elsewhere, timing is everything. 2) Ordered Notes Report from Newest to Oldest (for the sake of immediate relevance) 3) Increased font size on Notes Reports (as we age, it may continue to get bigger and bigger and bigger) 4) Notes Report and Notes Deleted Report made available again from within Common Tasks area of Contact Records. 5) Notes by Contact PDF Report was changed in orientation, from landscape to portrait in order to reduce the number of pages, and to fix the issues with notes being cut off on the bottoms of the pages.
* Fixed: When selecting Start and End Times on Activity Add, you can now choose 15 minute increments (to match the Preferences we allow for):
* Fixed: Clicking on Contact Name from Today’s Reviews section of Today page was sometimes throwing errors for users.
* Fixed: two eMoney integration issues. 1) Fix for “An Error has Occurred” when using eMoney SSO from a Contact Record and 2) eMoney Spotlight should no longer be blank on vault, insurance, and investments for connected accounts.
* Fixed: issue preventing some users from disabling Advisys in Manage Integrations area.
* Added: Descriptions of Step Tasks are now included in the Workflow Checklist Report PDF.
* Added: The Portfolio Summary and Portfolio Detail reports available from Contact Account pages now include totaled data, based upon user requests.
* Added: If you are a Redtail Email subscriber, your Email By Contact Report now allows you to click the Subject line of an email to view the message.
* Fixed: Clicking on Comments in Contact Notes should no longer take you unexpectedly to the top of the page.
* Fixed: issue where Past Due Workflow Tasks were displaying across a couple of days.
* Fixed: issue where some Broadcast Emails were stuck in pending. These and other jobs and automation emails are now correctly processing.
* Fixed: newly created trial databases were missing Default Types in Database Lists.
v 2.00.032 - 3/14/2017
*Updated: We completely overhauled the Day view Calendar Print PDF from the Actions menu on your Calendar:
* Fixed: All Activity Linked Notes will now be saved to each of the Activity's Linked Contacts.
* Fixed: We resolved a situation where Recurring Activities' end dates sometimes changed in undesired ways when updating the Activity.
* Fixed: The end dates for All Day Recurring Activities will no longer appear changed upon completion from the Activity Dashboard.
* Fixed: An Activity's Linked Accounts and Linked Notes are now also correctly displaying within each Recurring instance of the Activity.
* Fixed: Added By is now correctly displaying when creating a follow-up Activity from a Note.
* Fixed: We've resolved issues with using apostrophes in Manage Database List items.
* Updated: "Default Notes View" and "Activity" checkboxes are no longer on the same line in Contact Record area of Preferences, thus eliminating any possible confusion.
* Fixed: An eMoney issue where Spotlight was producing a 500 error.
* Fixed: We completely overhauled the AdvisoryWorld integration to fix 500s on the reporting component.
* Added: We've added flags on your Contact's Accounts page to display the account ownership type for all ownership types: Corporate, Custodian, Individual, Investment Club, JTWROS, Joint, Partnership, Trust:
* Fixed: Unicorns will no longer roam when creating an Activity from within an Account.
* Fixed: The Held Away checkbox will now remember that you checked it. Unless you uncheck it. Then it will remember that as well.
* Fixed: The sorting issue for the Linked Contacts column on the main Opportunities page has been resolved.
* Fixed: Resolved the issue where not all Seminar Attendees' names were displaying in the modal when you clicked through to update a Seminar Attendee.
* Fixed: an apostrophe issue that could cause some 500s when working with Seminars.
*Fixed: When filtering your Notes by Contact Report on a specific Contact, other Contacts linked to same Notes will no longer be making an appearance
* Fixed: Resolved some 500s for Personal Profile form, and also added the Contact Nickname
* Fixed: Resolved issue to allow Email Address Report to sort alphabetically
* Fixed: Sometimes DELETED Account Rider Reminders were showing up on the Reminders report. That won't be happening anymore.
* Fixed: The Notes By Contact and Accounts by Model CSV headers have been matched up appropriately with the content of their columns.
* Fixed: The Phone Numbers Report is now sorted in alphabetical order by Contact Name.
* Fixed: Address column in the Top-N Contacts Referred By Report was displaying extra code. It was distracting and it has been removed.
* Updated: Sorted the list of Databases to Switch into alphabetically, and added the ability to search the list if it's larger than 5 databases.
v2.00.030 - 3/01/2017
* Fixed: Multi-day All Day activities weren’t always displaying correctly on Calendar on the last day scheduled. Now they display so, so correctly.
* Added: a new way to view Contact Card information from inside an Activity. When on an Activity’s Details page, you can now click on an icon to view a full Contact Card for each linked contact:
v2.00.029 - 2/28/2017
* Fixed: You can now select the same day for both the start and end date in Notes by Contact report, allowing you to only pull the Notes for a specific single day!
* Fixed: Mail merge button re-enables after a Mail Merge is selected to run, instead of having to close back out of and reselect everything to run another!
* Fixed: Seminar filters are correctly filtering Seminars again, after a brief fixation on Active seminars only.
* Fixed: Workflow Tasks Today was also showing tomorrow's Workflow Tasks, which are not today. Now, we really mean it when we say Today. Really!
* Fixed: Filters are now being accounted for when choosing the CSV or PDF option from the Opportunity Tracker.
v2.00.028 - 2/28/2017
* Changed: Tag Groups are now ordered alphabetically in the Advanced Search dropdown. You’ll be able to spot your crafty Tag Groups easily, as they’ll be at the top with names like AAA Tag Group.
* Fixed: Timepickers have been corrected in Preferences for Calendar End Time.
* Fixed: Personal Profile Form is no longer throwing a 500 error when the date of birth on a Contact is NULL. Some folks don’t like to celebrate birthdays, we get it, and we’ve made the Profile Form get it now too.
v2.00.027 - 2/27/2017
* Fixed: Activities by contact export 500 error occurring for some users when accessing from Contacts/Advanced Search contact options menu.
* Fixes: to make the CRM prettier and more functional for our Internet Explorer and Edge users, including fixes to the Notes and Important Information modals which were sometimes preventing those input forms from working properly!
* Fixes: for the LaserApp integration, where missing beneficiaries were causing form-filling with contact and spouse not to work.
v2.00.026 - 2/26/2017
* Fixed: Recently Viewed was always showing the 'individual' image when there was no contact photo, but now non-individual types get their icons too! Big love to our Businesses, Associations, Unions and Trusts!
* Fixed and added: in regard to Personal Profile Form, added support to pull in the home address, regardless of whether it is marked primary. Added in shared address support for spouses. Fixed display for non-Individual type names. Fixed Fax Number display on form.
* Fixed: Today's reviews will now only show reviews scheduled for today, not today and tomorrow. For, um, obvious reasons.
* Changed: Phone Export now grabs first home phone when no primary home phone is selected, instead of only grabbing home phone if it's marked as primary (same for work phone).
* Fixed: sporadic 406 access errors occurring in TW 2.0 for IE and Edge users.
* Changed: Made the preferred phone number more obvious, as in it’s bolder than other numbers.
* Changes: several icon and font changes to make things look better for IE users.
v2.00.025 - 2/23/2017
* Fixed: Autolink wasn’t working for tax_id with leading 0.
* Fixed: Opportunities created without permissions were mistakenly only visible to the database owner. Now, everyone can see an opportunity if no permissions are assigned to it!
* Fixed: Calendar Day View was loading Tomorrow (rather than Today) on First Login (only) of the Day.
* Fixed: When creating an activity from the Contact Record, the order of operations was causing an issue where the contact was being linked more than once! This error should now be resolved and any potential bad data should also be cleaned up for our users!
v2.00.023 - 2/21/2017
*Fixed: add contact and contact address update 500 error affecting a handful of users.
v2.00.022 - 2/21/2017
* Added: Welcome back Asset/Liability Report.
* Fixed: Email archive time zone fix added to email report, to reflect local time zone.
* Fixed: Editing an Already Existing Custom Export Template was throwing up our favorite unicorn when trying to save.
* Fixed: a couple of Note and Opportunity permission issues when a team selected.
* Fixed: Activity Options were sometimes greyed out after sorting columns.
* Fixed: Follow-up activity from note wasn’t using default activity type from user prefs.
* Fixed: Note by contact report was pulling notes linked to other associations.
* Fixed: Contact filter not working on transactions_by_account report.
* Fixed: Going to Navigate on Calendar was defaulting to January 2021 and not giving the option to navigate properly. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
v2.00.021 - 2/16/2017
* Fixed: a handful of errors, which had arisen with new release, when attempting bulk rescheduling or to access a couple of standard reports. Short-lived culprits, disposed of readily.
v2.00.019 - 2/14/2017
* Added: Description field back to Activities by Contact Report exports/PDFs.
* Fixed: On Activities by Contact report, Activity Linked Notes number wasn’t included in PDF Report.
* Fixed: Editing existing Phone Number wasn’t loading existing Phone Type (defaulting to 'Home').
* Fixed: Ampersand (&) was displaying incorrectly on contact Activities page when used in Subject line.
* Fixed: Notes dates not on display for additional pages of Notes until Note Action or Timeline were selected.
v2.00.017 - 2/13/2017
* Removed: truncation on Notes dashboard and added infinite scroll. 2.0 Feedback strongly suggested non-truncation was preferred, so we non-truncated swiftly.
* Added: no-dropup class to lists on contact index page (A-Z) to force dropdown to pop down instead of up on smaller screens.
* Fixed: Automation not firing for workflow attached on activity creation based on Activity Type.
v2.00.016 - 2/10/2017
* Multiple fixes for smaller issues reported after Tailwag 2.0 release.
v2.00.000 - 2/8/2017
Major changes to the overall look and feel, including new icons, filled-in buttons, updates to all the add/edit forms, and heavier weighted font throughout, but especially:
* ALL NEW ‘Today’ page shows what is due TODAY, new tabs for Activities, Contacts, Notes, Opportunities, and Workflows
* Today’s Workflow Tasks, Birthdays and Client Reviews now appear on Today page
* All NEW charts Contacts by Age and Contacts by Gender move along with Status, Category, and Source charts into Contacts tab
* Recent Notes moved into Notes tab
* Upcoming Opportunities and Opportunities by Stage chart now on Opportunities tab
* All New Reminders Icons
* Accounts by Type chart moved into Accounts dashboard
* Past Due and Next 7 filter on Activities tab now colors the dates of the activities Past Due in RED, Today’s activities in GREEN, and future activity dates in black
* new layouts that take up the whole page; filters have been moved into a modal (popup) from the ‘filters’ button. ALL reports now have Export, PDF, and Send to Search options!!!
* all new PDF report technology and completely restyled PDF reports for every PDF available
* the address/phone/email report has been recreated as the Primary contact card report, the old report is no longer
* the Phone Directory report is now the Phone Number Report
* Bulk notes report is now the Last Note Report
* Memberships/Relationships Report is now just the Membership Report.
* REMOVED the Contact Method Report as it isn’t necessary with the Preferred Contact Card Report
* All NEW Detail Report now available
* totally revamped Confidential Personal Profile PDF
Calendar & Add Activity:
* Fonts are bolder, activity font colors are either black or white, icons for contact and recurring pattern have been changed, dates are bigger
* All new calendar print function
* Add Activity removed from Actions dropdown menu
* add Activity ALWAYS opens modal FIRST now, ‘edit’ has been changed to ‘create & edit,’ subject is now REQUIRED FIELD on modal
* Edit Activity ALWAYS takes you to detailed edit page
* Inside of the detail edit page for Activities, Activity Attendees and Activity Linked Contacts now added IN LINE instead of via modal, and Actions, Notifications and Permissions, and Details have been moved
* updates to DatePicker
* Change contact photo to circle from square in the Contact Masthead, and Important Info button now BRIGHT RED when there’s something important in there
* removal of Contact Timeline from Contact Overview - replaced with Past Due & Next 30 and Recent Notes widget (that remembers which Tab you prefer!)
* removal of Accounts and Assets and Liabilities from Overview
* Newly restyled PARTIAL Know Your Client section on Contact Overview includes: - Primary Contact moved into Misc Info
* UDFs added
* Tag Groups now grouped with Keywords
* Removal of Professional Contacts/Keywords from Overview display (still in KYC on left side-bar menu)
* ADDITION of Email History to it’s NEW permanent spot above ‘More’ on Contact’s left side-bar menu (‘More…’ also stays open if you’re in something below the ‘line’ now!)
* Restyling of Notes display
* Updates to the Account details pages add/edit modals, including currency-type field entry
* reworked how numbers are displayed on contact card (better support for international formatting)
* Roles are now enabled in the database and can be applied to a contact in the Permissions/Roles section and in Bulk Options
* Workflows can be assigned to Roles (rather than specific users)
Other notable changes:
*MAJOR updates to queries everywhere to improve performance and drain the swamp of unnecessary code
* totally revamped and rearranged Opportunity edit page
* Complete overhaul for main Seminars page including revamped Seminar pdf report
* modals are now draggable throughout the whole app, so you can see the information behind them
* dropdown menus will now drop up, depending on your screen size
* Changed – the way LaserApp Anywhere opens. Previously, when you used LaserApp Anywhere, a new tab was opened for each contact when using the Send To feature. Now, the same new tab will be reused so that LaserApp doesn’t error with multiple session opens on their side. We cover reduce and reuse with this change and would have worked in recycle if environmental alliteration covered the cost of elegant coding.
* Fixed: Citrix ShareFile 500 error that sometimes occurred when linking a contact to a folder from the Documents section of the CRM.
* Fixed: “Something Went Wrong” error when sending to Constant Contact. Something isn’t going wrong now.
* Fixed: deleted notes didn’t appear in the Deleted Notes report for a contact if the contact didn’t have any undeleted notes. In other words, for deleted notes to show up in the report, the contact needed some notes that hadn’t been deleted. Now, to display those notes that are, in fact, no more, nothing further is needed on your end.
* Fixed: bug where Past Due on Contact Overview only showed past 30 days. We now show all past due activities plus activities up to 30 days into the future. Additional date ranges are still viewable on the contact's Activities page. It’s like meeting a really cooperative Ghost of Activities Past, Present and Yet to Come!
* Fixed: some recent 500 errors that were the result of updates to Account Assets.
v1.5.73 - 12/1/2016
* Added: fix to calculate age based on date of death for deceased clients:
* Fixed: Activity dates and times are now correctly calculated and displayed between time zones on Calendar. Previously, in some cases, time zone display exhibited a west coast bias.
* Modified: regular expression to allow for valid apostrophe in emails, i.e., email addresses that contain an apostrophe prior to the @ symbol are now recognized as valid in Tailwag. You wanna be possessive – go right ahead!
* Added: salutation to Birthday Report export. Happy birthday, Mr.!
v1.5.72 - 11/16/2016
* Fix: to keep chosen UDF filters selected when a user changes any of the UDF list parameters prior to submitting a send to search. Now, your send to search will be as user defined as your fields are!
* Added: Mailing Address is now available as a Custom Export field and exportable option, making the Custom Export, like, more exportier.
* Added: fix to display contacts’ search result options when selected from a paginated quicklist. The Next/Return to Search/Previous buttons were missing when going to a contact past the first page (50 records) of search results. These buttons now appear appropriately so that you can easily navigate between ALL contacts returned in your results.
* Added: fix to keep delete option displayed in a contact’s dropdown when selected from a paginated set. Contacts after the first page in the Search Results were missing the option to 'delete' that contact. Now, delete is available in the drop-down menu next to the contact's name, just like it is on the first page of contacts! They can run past the first page of results, but they can’t hide!
* Added: fix to keep columns aligned when scrolling through a paginated set of quicklist contacts. When scrolling through a quicklist, extra columns would appear beyond page one. Now, whatever columns are selected are the columns that are displayed, regardless of which page you're on in your search results. I’m noticing a release note theme here . . .
* Added: fix to use Ajax instead of redirect when deleting a paginated set of quicklists which previously caused the browser to redirect back to the first page. When deleting a QuickList, you now stay on the page you deleted from instead of being redirected back to page 1. Variation on the theme.
* Replaced: account number with full name for Account Name column in Forefield csv export. This matches how the data is displayed in Forefield.
v1.5.71 - 11/9/2016
* Added: fix to allow a Quicklist to be cloned. Choosing to 'Clone Quicklist' was resulting in the error 'the change you wanted has been rejected.' Now, you can resume your cloning activities, without fear of rejection.
* Added: fix to the Date filters in Notes by Contact Report to allow for one day selection. Technically, you could get the data you were looking for previously by selecting two consecutive dates, but this makes things much clearer and less technical.
v1.5.70 - 11/2/16
* Added: validation on Quicklist model to prevent establishment of Quicklists without search criteria. Since Quicklists are saved searches, the ability to create them w/o search criteria ran contrary to their purpose and made those particular Quicklists Tag Groups. You can use Tag Groups for Tag Groups.
* Fixed: issue where assigning workflow template owner to team sometimes not saving. Now they’ll have to go back to saying the dog ate their monitor when they’re late on a Workflow task.
* Fixed: Implemented fix in the main contact view page to add current contact to the Recently Viewed menu when a user opens the 'go to' dropdown and navigates to any one of the provided contact locations. It’s much more common to access a contact from their Overview page, but on those occasions when you enter their record elsewhere, you still, in fact, viewed their record. And recently (for a time, anyway).
* Added: fix to strip html in an Activity’s subject line before being saved to the database. Tags were showing up as html there, which wasn’t a good look.
v1.5.69 - 10/30/16
* Added: New DOL Reports. Look:
* Added: Account level BICE date info. Look again:
v1.5.58 - 10/26/16
* Added: fix for Contacts by, Category, Source, Status chart sectors not displaying the filtered contacts when clicking on send to search. Those clicks previously displayed all Categories, Sources or Statuses, rather than simply displaying the slices of the pie chosen.
* Fixed: keep checked columns displayed for send to search contacts view. Before, extra columns would appear in the grid after using Send to Search. Now, those columns stay hidden until you tell them it's okay to come out.
v1.5.57 - 10/19/16
* Updated: Orion integration authorization process and Orion Report options changed. Custom Reports now available via the integration as well!
* Changed: MarketingLibrary to MarketingPro throughout Tailwag. Fixed issue where a single doc added to Redtail sometimes didn't work properly.
* Fixed: issue with infinite scroll in Send To Search where Contact Options remained greyed out unless a Contact on First Page (before subsequent loads) selected. In other words, when I got to the bottom I went back to the top of the slide where I stopped and I turned and I’d go for a ride til I got to the bottom and I’d see you again.
v1.5.56 - 10/12/16
* Added: Probability field to Opportunity Tracker and pdf/csv exports. The field was already present, but only accessible when viewing opportunity details. High time it got its moment in the spotlight.
* Fixed: When using Bulk Job / Select All, then removing some selected – all initial selections were sometimes still included in job. Now, when you deselect, you deselect.
* Changed: Reordered family names for oldest to youngest after HOH and spouse on family dashboard. Popular request made manifest!
* Fixed: Previously, when deleting a Note, it would remain on Contact’s Notes page until you refreshed the page. Now, poof! – it’s gone.
* Fixed: issue sometimes resulting in 500 error upon sso for switch-in users. Jump between databases with ease now. Jump around! Jump up, jump up and get down!
v1.5.55 - 10/4/2016
* Changed: Unlinked Accounts query and Autolink to account for Black Diamond feeds and to prevent duplicates that could sometimes occur. The feeds include different data from each of our aggregation partners and these changes were implemented to account for some uncommon issues that had lately made their presence known.
* Fixed: Label and Mail Merge jobs sometimes not running on selected contacts and showing up in database Dropbox. But they always should and now they do.
* Fixed: When running custom export and 'Primary contact' was selected, if that primary contact did not have email or phone, then the report would leave out the name also. So, basically nothing was exported for that Primary contact, which wasn’t really helpful in the slightest.
* Fixed: issue where UDF values deleted from a record would sometimes still populate on a Custom Export. These values are now utterly destroyed when you delete them to prevent their muppet-like popping up elsewhere.
v1.5.51 - 9/15/2016
* Added: Cash Value, Surrender Value and Face Value to account searching. Value adds, to be sure.
* Added: all the account date fields to search, made them all date pickers for the value selection:
* Added: country list dropdown for Citizenship (Alien Country) field in Advanced Search. I lobbied hard for the inclusion of Arrakis, Ork and Dagobah, but was denied on all counts.
* Added: true/false dropdown for is_smoker field and tax_return fields in Advanced Search. Advanced Search no longer willing to recognize the “social smoker” hedge.
* Added: autocomplete function on advanced search of Referred By field:
* Added: mobile type number to Contact Address/Phone/Email Report. Apparently, lots of folks have mobile phones these days!
* Added: Priority field to Activity Notification email, which should be helpful in terms of, um, prioritizing your email.
* Fixed: issue where Labels and Mail Merges were not running on selected contacts, when those lists were exceedingly large. There was never an intention to impose a limitation on list size so the unintentional imposition has been isolated and removed.
v1.5.50 - 9/07/2016
* Fixed: issue with sending in bulk to Riskalyze. Send away! Analyze that risk!
v1.5.39 - 7/20/2016
* Added: sorting and filtering to Notes by Contact report CSV and PDF exports and to Documents by Contact CSV export. Added sorting to CSV exports for all of the “Contacts by” reports.
* Adjusted: slot time to 1 hour when dragging an all day activity to a timed slot. This was defaulting to two hours which seemed like it was, I dunno, an hour too long.
* Fixed: accuracy issues in Top Assets Held under Market News. Temporary issue where current prices were displaying as $0.00. This strained the meaning of the word “top.”
v1.5.37 - 6/30/2016
* Added: check for Head of Household in case family is present but head of household is not. This was causing 500s when running custom exports for spouse or dependents whose HoH has been deleted.
* Added: sorting/filtering to all Accounts csv exports. What you see on screen is now what you get in your exports, i.e., your expectations are no longer thwarted.
v1.5.36 - 6/29/2016
* Fixed: bulk Written Agreements Review change was sometimes failing when processed as a job. It’s fixed, so now it’s not failing any times.
* Fixed: Mail merge wasn’t working from a Workflow step task menu. It appeared available, but was, in fact, rather listless. Tiptop shape now.
* Fixed: internal error when viewing Contact_by_Category chart list view. The list view is back, and listier than ever:
* Fixed: address, phone, email changes not showing in timeline of contact permissioned to a team, but would when permissioned to an individual user. Clearly, this was nonsensical, and sense has been restored.
v1.5.34 - 6/21/2016
* Updated: In Exports, stripped out phone number formatting so users can format in Excel how they want phones to be formatted. Format How You Want!
* Added: Nickname (in parenthesis) to Birthday Report. Probably best, particularly on their birthday, to address them familiarly:
* Updated: Made contact separation line darker in Birthday Report PDF. You gotta keep ‘em separated.
* Multiple fixes for Workflows (unlike the previous note, we’re lumping all these together:
- If workflow description had an apostrophe in it, the description would not populate when adding a new workflow from the template.
- Fixed issue where you could remove the user type (user or team) from a workflow, but the userid remained, which sometimes caused assignee confusion.
- When Editing Workflow Task off Contact Record & Overview page, User and Team drop downs didn't always populate correctly on first click.
- Contact Overview - Workflow Tasks - Completed Task required page refresh to disappear. It no longer does.
- Updated tasks from the overview page were not displaying updates until the page was manually refreshed. They now do so w/o the refresh.
- 'Remove Assignee' has been added to workflows’ User Dropdown in all areas except the templates (Coming soon). Now, you can select 'Remove Assignee' instead of selecting 'Select one' to remove a user/team in a workflow or workflow task.
* Fixed: Seminar contact name not showing in "Update Attendee" module:
v1.5.33 - 6/15/2016
* Fixed: changed date range on Activities by Contact export to 1 year forward, 1 year back. Also fixed privacy settings issue where it showed private on contact name if the activity was private, but the contact wasn't. This resolved the issue of Activity by Contact Export not pulling all records included in one’s filter parameters. Resolution is good!
* Fixed: Workflow category not saving when creating from contact record - manual category selection wasn't overriding category from template and category wasn't resetting properly when changing templates. This is categorically fixed!
* Fixed: EMAIL_TEMPLATE_SUBJECT- fixed issue where email template subject didn’t pull over if it had an apostrophe. You are now free to express possession or contraction in your email template subject lines!
* Fixed: Contacts_by_Referred_By report filter now displays distinct referred by names, rather than the somewhat unwieldy list displayed prior.
* Fixed: Address/Phone/Email Report 500 errors that sometimes occurred when selecting a large number of contacts. You want a phonebook-like report? You can have one!
v1.5.30 - 6/09/2016
* Added: 'Turning Age' column to Birthday Report. Helpful for seeing which contacts are approaching age milestones. And, if you’re like me, you can also include a contact record for yourself and use this report to make sure you give accurate answers when someone inquires about your own age.
* Fixed: Activity by Contact Report - Open and Completed filter wasn’t always showing all activities that met those criteria. The cause has been ferreted out and resolved.
V1.5.29 – 6/06/2016
* Added (to Tailwag for Mobile) – Account Details page. Items like Assets, Symbols, etc., are now included in app.
* Updated (in Tailwag for Mobile) - Recently Viewed contacts auto update now.
* Added (in Tailwag for Mobile) - You can now read Note comments within the app.
* Updated (in Tailwag for Mobile) – In Note Detail view you can now see the time a Note was created as well as its Category.
* Fixed (in Tailwag for Mobile) - Events now support all of your activity types. Before this fix, custom activity types were not supported.
* Added (in Tailwag for Mobile) - Open opportunities now visible in the app.
v1.5.27 - 6/03/2016
* Fixed: Custom Exports weren’t pulling Banking Information if a bank had a blank phone or address field. Now they will regardless. Add that info if you want – don’t if you don’t.
* Updated: the Email Addresses export layout. Extended to support up to 5 email addresses and will now show the custom or default title with each address. That’s 1.67 times the addresses previously supported and 5 times the titles!
v1.5.26 - 6/02/2016
* Fixed: Activities Assigned By reports were not always displaying repeating activities correctly when 'Open and Completed' filters were used. #nofilters #openandcompletedfilters #noproblem
* Updated: If Home Address is marked as Primary on Head of Household record, that same address will appear as Primary address in custom export for their spouse. The sharing to the spousal record was already happening – now it’s just sharing further into any custom exports that include Primary address. Sharing is a good thing.
* Fixed: display date for custom range on dashboard. Activities that fell on the end date were being excluded. Good for those days when maybe you just didn’t want to get out of bed, but not so good otherwise.
* Adding: paging on custom date range and default date range filters for Dashboard and contact Activity pages (to make it clear in those cases where there might be more than 100 activities in a specified date range). Note: pagination is not applicable for the Past Due and Next 7 Days filter:
* Changed: Removed contact id from custom export available fields. Set it up so it is automatic on all exports. Removed any previously added id fields so there is not duplication of id in the columns. You MAY never need this field, but it’s included in all exports in order that if you need us to import an export later we can do so with precision. It can also help you (or us) verify duplicate records. If you don’t need it for either reason, it’s a simple matter to delete that column after you run your export.
* Updated: Email Address Report from within contact record exports email addresses by primary and preferred first. Only three addresses are included in the report so if those were listed further down on a Contact Card than the 1-3 spots they would not be included. Which made their primacy and/or preferability suspect.
* Added: Primary phone and Primary email address as options for custom exports. As with the previous note, their absence here wasn’t optimal.
* Added: sorting/filtering to Accounts By Agent Name csv export. Not necessarily bubbly-worthy, but important when it's important.
* Fixed: When adding a new custom export and leaving its title blank, the flash error would correctly show. Once the name is added and it is saved, the same flash error would show on next page. Kind of a non-error error message, erroneously displayed. It’s fixed.
v1.5.23 - 5/25/2016
* Fixed: UDFs By Contact report only offered “contains” or “like” search operand. Now, users can also choose from “Equal To” or “Not Equal To” as available operands:
v1.5.22 - 5/23/2016
* Fixed: Clicking details on Contact Timeline entries was sometimes producing error messages:
* Updated: Physical Address details to show old address when clicking link from contact Timeline for an updated physical address. Out with the old, sure, but let’s keep a record of the change handy.
v1.5.21 - 5/20/2016
* Fixed: some issues that arose with syncing contacts after previous update to Retriever for Tailwag. All better now.
* Fixed: Contacts by Keyword report showing contacts that used to have a Keyword that has since been deleted. We have firmly but humanely taught this report to respect your deletions as absolute.
* Added: Cities Digital (LaserFiche) to Document Views area of Contact Record (for users of that integration:
v1.5.20 - 5/18/2016
* Added: the correct sorting/filtering to Accounts by Contact csv export. Excel export columns now match user-selected filters. This addition designed to meet, rather than confound, your expectations.
* Increased: Mailchimp list count from 25 (default) to 100. Previously, if you had more than 25 Mailchimp lists, only the first 25 would show up as options for Send to Mailchimp. That’s FOUR TIMES the Mailchimp list visibility/accessibility now available from Redtail!! Break out the champagne and party hats . . . . wait, what, you have 101 Mailchimp lists? Doh!!
* Updated: Retriever for Tailwag version to 1.3.7. Important Information data now synced to Outlook contacts again, in plain text format, since Outlook doesn’t support HTML here. So, if you want your Important Info to look IMPORTANT (bold, italic, etc.), look at it in Redtail!
v1.5.19 - 5/16/2016
* Fixed: Users sometimes unable to download documents from doc storage. Best case scenario: if you previously encountered this now defunct issue, it allowed you to exercise your patience muscles.
* Fixed: Accounts by Contact Report exporting Name as "firstname lastname" rather than “lastname firstname”. This made sorting somewhat forename-centric, i.e., a rarely desired sorting method.
v1.5.17 - 5/11/2016
* Fixed: Activity Save & Clone 404 error when Linked Account present:
* Fixed: Timeline from the left menu in contact record not displaying items present on Overview Timeline. This was a recent and short-lived issue that popped up and was summarily dismissed!
*Fixed: Outlook CSV Export - Not exporting Email Addresses in order of importance, i.e., the export includes three columns for email addresses, so if a contact had their Primary or Preferred Email Address farther down than third on their Contact Card, that address would not be included. Now, Preferred and/or Primary Email Addresses pull first for this Export:
* Fixed: Delete Linked Note from Activity not deleting the linkage. This kinda defeated the purpose of the delete option there.
* Fixed: Activity Edit Modal – Couldn’t remove Linked contact using the red “x” icon:
* Fixed: Rescheduling Activities - End date should change to be equal to start date. This didn’t always happen, so sometimes things were over before they’d even begun.
* Fixed: Repeating Activity Rollover sometimes removed Linked Contact. Odd behavior, addressed as such.
* Fixed: Complete from My Workflow Tasks was not consistently completing the Task. This was confusing at best. But now it’s fixed.
* Updated: Remove right justification from Completed Activity Note. Also removed the top border from the table columns. This also applies to Workflow Summary Notes. Layout for these will now look perfectly normal to anyone familiar with how things should normally look.
* Fixed:_Workflow Checklist Report Step Order didn’t reflect any changes made to that order, but rather only the original order in which Steps were created:
* Fixed: in Automations, attaching a workflow to an activity type was failing when an activity had greater or less than one linked contact. One is the loneliest number. It was also apparently a saboteur in this instance when offered company.
v1.5.16 - 4/26/2016
*Fixed: bug where activities that were permissioned to a team were not appearing on the Dashboard for those team members. If you are included in permissions, you shouldn’t have to look to see what's peeking out from behind the Dashboard's curtains.
* Updated: Retriever for Tailwag to version 1.3.6, which includes bug fixes involving syncing employer to Outlook, syncing activity location to Redtail and other fixes involving multi-day, all day activities:
v1.5.15 - 4/25/2016
* Fixed: sort by priority and importance in Activities by Contact Report. Which makes it easier to, like, sort by priority and importance in the Activities by Contact Report.
*Updated: use new "prettier" multi select for adding team members to Database Team. A cosmetic, but satisfying, update.
* Fixed: Repeating Yearly Activity - Change to Series Dates from Today’s Overview not saving. Or they weren’t. This is fixed now. So they are.
v1.5.14 - 4/24/2016
* Added: Next 6 Months and Next 12 Months filters to Contact Activities page. We also corrected the issue with the filter “reverting” to past due, so that clicking on the past due number from the contact overview stats bar doesn’t change the cookie set on the contact’s activities page:
v1.5.13 - 4/21/2016
* Added: Zapier integration. Boom! Start zapping!:
* Fixed: issue with ampersand in Broadcast Email template subject line. And and & (or and & &) – either should work fine now.
* Fixed: blank export on Opportunity Tracker when 'Closed Lost' or 'Closed Won' is selected from Filter. Export what you want!
v1.5.12 - 4/20/16
* Fixed: Complete repeating activity from bulk action on dashboard wasn’t working. It now has a “gung-ho, let’s DO this” attitude, i.e., it’s working well now:
* Fixed: Completing or updating future occurrences of a repeating activity with no end date sometimes threw a 500 error. This could have created problems for you in the future, which we will have solved in the past by the time you get there. It’s all very flux capacitory.
* Updated: now show repeating icon on Contact Record’s completed activities view where activity series is completed. Will NOT show individual instances when user has used the ‘complete series’ or ‘complete this and future occurrences' option, but WILL show individual instances if completed from bulk action on Dashboard. This is because when using the bulk action, each instance is broken out of the series into its own individual activity, but completing the whole series only completes the ‘base’ activity:
* Updated: Contact Overview shows Past Due & Next 30 Days’ Open Activities, rather than just Next 30 Days. Because the past isn’t going anywhere, even if you can’t see it.
v1.5.09 - 4/17/2016
* Updated: Contact Overview Activity List previously displayed 6 months past due and 6 months upcoming activities. It now displays Past Due & Next 30 Days' Open Activities. That one-year time frame previously used was kind of arbitrary (though it conferred some performance benefits) – this should prove much more useful (without sacrificing those benefits):
v1.5.08 - 4/15/2016
* Added: support for Team-based activity privacy. Previously, you could permission based upon all database users, yourself only or activity attendees. You still have those three options, but this gives you one more:
* Updated: Contact Activities page. Removed the “Hide Recurring” option and some other non-essential filters that will speed load times up tremendously.
* Updated: the Go To > Activities link from Search results will now direct you to that contact’s Open Activities page:
* Updated: major improvements to the way we handle activity loads to improve speed and performance. This will make Today’s Overview, Calendar, Contact Overview and Contact Activities speeeeedier!
* Updated: Dashboard filter list to match what is available on Contact Overview. This offers a performance improvement as well as updating “Past Due & Next 7 Days” to include ALL the past dues activities (rather than the 50 most recent).
v1.5.07 - 4/13/2016
* Fixed: 500 error that sometimes occurred when selecting Account Balance as a Custom Export field. That, uh, wasn’t intended behavior.
* Updated: Automation Email Notification enhancements, including affected contacts, address, activity and account changes. And, generally better readability. In short, these notifications are now more notificatory (though not in a declaratory sense).
* Fixed: Broadcast email spouse merge fields causing errors. This turned out to be a case issue (lower vs. upper). We don’t care about the case, and Broadcast Emails now share our case apathy.
* Fixed: Personal Profile Form formatting of Gender/DOB/Age/SSN had gotten a little wonky. We unwonked it!
v1.5.04 - 4/6/2016
* Added: BICE (Best Interest Contract Exemption) date field to existing Written Agreements Review area. Added to help advisors track their adherence to this component of the new DOL fiduciary rule:
* Added: WAR to advanced search. To clarify, that’s Written Agreements Review dates (which includes the new BICE date field). You can search for them, in other words. No need to fight:
* Fixed: all Advanced Search values related to a date now allow you to choose from a date-picker, rather than having to format the date value just so. Because determining how to format dates just so could be just so annoying:
* Fixed: issue where users sometimes got 500 error when trying to update Account Owner.
* Updated: verbiage and cases for many of the Advanced Search fields. In short, the verbiage is better and the cases are proper.
v1.5.01 - 4/4/2016
* Fixed: the 404 error that sometimes occurred when deleting single or recurring activities. If you had previously submitted a ticket on this issue, you should have received a notification last night that we resolved this. If you’ve experienced the issue, but haven’t submitted a ticket, we’ve fixed the problem for you as well. If you’ve never experienced this issue, carry on, nothing to see here.
* Fixed: Contacts NOT Permissioned report should now run consistently, rather than sometimes throwing 500 errors when taking longer. Running consistently, each and every day, even if for only five minutes, can help keep your doctor away (it’s true, look it up).
* Updated: Memberships table now a sortable data table. Sort smarter where you want:
* Fixed: a fix we implemented last week sometimes resulted in 500 errors when editing a manually entered asset. The fix is fixed.
* Fixed: When choosing different options in report filters, the screen might jump around and move you back up to the top of the report if you weren’t already there. No more!
v1.4.99 - 4/1/2016
* Changed: ordered Workflow Templates for Automation Action Item selection. That sounds fancy, but really just represents a little alphanumericazation (which also sounds fancy, and probably should since I made it up) of those Workflow Templates to improve ease-of-use:
* Fixed: 500 errors that were sometimes occurring when trying to access Account Activities, Notes or Documents from inside the account or when trying to manually add account assets:
* Fixed: Asset advanced search now returns results for both manually entered and fed-in asset data:
* Updated: new UI elements and look for the contact Timeline, including color coding indicators (blue for updated data, green for new data, red for deleted data):
v1.4.98 - 3/30/16
* Performance improvements for Account Details page and the following reports: UDF Reports, Note Reports, Top-N Reports, Transaction Reports, Account Renewal Reminder Report, Wedding Anniversary Reminders Report, Seminar Workflow Task Reminders Report, Permissions Reports, Contacts by Important Info Report and Bulk Reports available from Search page. That’s a lot of performance improvements packed into one release note, an economical, and thus performance improved, release note, if you will.
v1.4.97 - 3/28/2016
* Added: Seminar ID, Attendee Count, Guest Count, Start Time and End Time columns to Seminar Export. (All of which is great seminarish data for a Seminar Export). Also improved performance of running the export and of the Seminar index page itself.
* Added (or changed): multiple items on Opportunity Tracker, including: 1) LAST ADDED and CLOSING NEXT buttons on Opportunity Dashboard are now links to those opportunities, 2) COMPLETED button is now CLOSED button, 3) Projected Revenue, Actual Revenue and Probability fields added to Opportunities by Stage export and Opportunities Dashboard export, and 4) performance improvements and field reordering of those exports as well:
v1.4.96 - 3/25/2016
* Fixed: Multi-day activity not displaying on Calendar properly in some cases when it extends into following month. Issue with the view range name passed into controller. This is so fixed it’s not even funny.
* Fixed: Workflow dates were shifting due to time zone preference, but they are not timed items. Time is now stripped to ensure display as intended. It’s a good thing Time isn’t really that bashful.
* Fixed: Broadcast email history page excluded Failed Count from Total Count, including Processed Count only. That was pretty fuzzy math.
* Changed: Manage Integrations area now separated into Enabled and Disabled tabs, meaning active and inactive integrations within your database are more readily distinguishable. The big green On and red Off toggle indicators are still there, but they don’t mingle on the same tab.
* Fixed: bug in combine notification email handling where it tries to get a contact which was already deleted so it can print the name when the combine succeeded, i.e., the actual combine was working but the combine contacts success notification was unsuccessful, which would have been ironic had anyone actually been able to see the unsuccessful success notification.
v1.4.91 - 3/18/2016
* Fixed: On the calendar page the popovers for activities were sticking and not going away randomly. We believe this is resolved, but it was random so certainly want to hear from you if you experience the issue going forward, whether it be randomly, every time or in some kind of suspicious pattern.
* Changed: default Opportunities view to ACTIVE and added ALL button so you can toggle between Active, Complete and All views. Or you can stay on the Active view. No one will force you to toggle, ever!
* Added: Support for shared home address and phone in custom exports. Because sharing is caring.
v1.4.89 - 3/17/2016
* Fixed: In new Email Template functionality, you had to log out / log back in to be able to select any new templates after the first one. Now ya don’t!
* Fixed: the 500 error when performing a column sort by Type in the Account by Agent reports. You should be able to do that if you want to.
* Added: Category name on Notes and changed word “Contact” to icon, simultaneously decluttering Note headers while providing more information.
* Fixed: for Team Notify on Activity Notifications, we don't want to send an email to the current user if the current user is a member of the team. We don’t want to and now we won’t (previously we didn’t want to and we were).
v1.4.88 - 3/15/16
* Fixed: Internal email client modal was briefly not appearing for some PC users. It’s baaaack!
v1.4.87 - 3/14/2016
* Fixed: Fine tuning of permissioned contacts in Seminar Management module in regard to report display, send to search, mail merge and label merge.
* Fixed: problem where an account move did not move the documents associated with the account. This left orphan entries that caused a 500 (fixed the 500 earlier). Docs now follow the money.
v1.4.84 - 3/12/2016
*NEW FEATURE: At the bottom of these v1.4.84 release notes, we’ll point out a bunch of updates to Broadcast Emails. But, right up here at the top, we wanted to announce that you can now create Broadcast Email Templates to use over and over again (for individual or bulk emails). Create these under Manage Your Account / Manage Templates and then go relax for a while.
* Fixed: a recent issue resulting from upgrade that when restoring contacts from Recycle Bin, their Notes and Note Permissions were not being restored with the contact. The recycled folk are bringing their notes back with them again now, as they should!
* Updated: joins to not exclude contacts in exports if they do not have certain fields (i.e., next/last activity and/or account information). In other words, contacts selected to be included in your Custom Exports will be included, regardless of whether or not they have next/last activity or account data entered when those fields are a part of the Export template. Because sometimes it’s the data that’s not there that you are searching for.
* Fixed: Marketing Library Integration appeared to have broken, possibly as a result of the recent Rails upgrade.
* Improved: the Combine Contacts notification emails (success and failure) to look better and include more information. Better looking and more informative? That’s right – all that good stuff!
* Added: permissions panel to Opportunity edit (if admin) and the ability to add permissions on the Opportunity add and quick add. The opportunities to increase the privacy of your Opportunities are now, in essence, less hidden themselves.
* Fixed: Workflow Tasks not always showing correctly on Contact Overview, though present on their Contact Workflows screen. These tasks are expected to multitask, at least in terms of where and when they display. Now, they should display everywhere as expected.
* Removed: Last 10 notes option from Dashboard Recently Added Notes, replaced with Last 3 Days option. Also, set maximum height for the Dashboard Notes, meaning Recently Added Notes will scroll within itself, once it reaches a certain height. These changes were put into effect to increase speed of Notes load on Dashboard. And, to keep Recently Added Notes from growing too tall.
*Fixed: a whole bunch of Broadcast Email issues, including 1) Paste from Word issues with Copyright, Trademark, Registered, Bullet and Apostrophe symbols have been resolved, 2) failed count now reflects the name(s) of contacts that didn’t receive the email, 3) Enter key within pasted Word text or typed directly within Body no longer results in alternate characters in text rather than paragraph breaks, and 4) added <spousefirstname> and <spousenicknamefirstname> as available email merge fields. Combine these fixes with the new Email Templates and you can repeatedly use an email addressed to as many spouses as you would like, call them by their nicknames and include as many Copyright symbols as you deem necessary. There’s a song in there somewhere – not necessarily a good one, but a song nonetheless.
v1.4.82 - 3/8/2016
* Fixed: problem where Seminar Attendees Report was not printing the full address if there was a secondary address (e.g. Suite), i.e., When a contact record had an apartment or suite in their address the city, state and zip were not exporting to the Seminar Attendees Report from the Seminars page. It’s ok to have a lengthy address and there was no need for us to get snippy.
* Fixed: problem where Combine Contacts did not work at all for a very brief period. Caused by upgrading Rails version (we were using a feature of Rails which was deprecated). Same day report of and resolution for the issue – let the combinations continue!
v1.4.79 - 3/1/2016
* Added: fast Make Primary option to phone and email in the Contact Card from their respective Actions menus. Faster is gooder.
*Added: repeating icon on calendar to indicate recurring activities. Conveys important information in an aesthetically pleasing and non-clutterish way.
v1.4.74 - 2/29/2016 *Changed: NOT excluding permissioned Contact names from Opportunities anymore — Users should use Opportunity Permissions to prevent access completely to the Opportunity in those cases where it is needed. This speeds things up significantly on the Opportunities page for those databases with a lot of advisors and opportunities. Note: if an opportunity doesn’t have any permission settings, and a user who is not permissioned to see the contact sees their name displayed there, they will be taken to the Dashboard with no access to that record. Try as they might!
v1.4.70 - 2/17/2016
* Fixed: various issues with Timeline Note display and behavior. They look and act better now. Shoot, they say it’s the best they’ve felt in ages.
* Fixed: 500 error that could occur when clicking Activity that had a Linked Contact that was deleted from database without being unlinked from Activity. An obscurish bug, first reported on Tuesday, fixed on Wednesday and subsequently returned to obscurity.
* Fixed: Image Properties Link URL text box not allowing copy/paste or direct text entry from ckeditor in Broadcast Email modal. Modals were stacking up and not playing nicely together. They’ve worked things out.
v1.4.69 – 2/16/16
* Fixed: user/team list not showing in some cases when trying to add a note with permissions. Meaning, in those cases, you couldn’t assign permissions. Obviously unacceptable and now resolved.
v1.4.67 – 2/13/16
* Added: columns to Market News Indices to show symbol value change and colored them green/red (up/down) and sorted the Watchlist by symbol. A Christmasy change, year-round.
v1.4.66 - 2/12/16
* Added: Activity Permissions, allowing you to set privacy options for an Activity to all database users, yourself only or activity attendees only. Shhh, don’t tell anybody.
* Fixed: Seminar Attendees not showing phone number if the Type isn’t Home. Now pulls Primary, or Home, or first number listed or none, dependent upon what is present in the contact record, i.e., the blatantly home-based bias has been removed.
* Fixed: Activities Reports not showing the correct number of Activity Types and Categories in Filters section. Actually, the error was parenthetical rather than actual, in that the number in parenthesis for Types and Categories didn’t always match the actual number of Types and Categories when one expanded the sections. It’s now actually (and parenthetically) correct.
* Fixed: Category Type on Completed Activities in Notes Report in some cases wasn’t matching the user-designated Activity Category. The Notes Report seemed to want all Category Types to boil down to “General Information” – not cool, Notes Report, not cool.
* Added: Error message letting users know they must uncomplete a Completed Activity prior to making any updates to it. Hey, it’s better than a message stating “You Complete Me” every time you complete an activity.
* Fixed: Seminars weren’t validating time format, which could allow for an end time earlier than the start time. While for some meetings this might actually be a feature rather than a bug, you’ll now have to enter valid time formats.
* Fixed: when adding a contact, Non-admin users were not able to permission contacts to teams they are a part of (teams they are a part of didn’t load in selection box). They can now see/select teams for permissioning here if they are a part of the team and aren’t left shuffling their feet on the playground.
v1.4.65 - 2/2/2016
* Added: fix to wrap linked contacts on Activity Reports pdf. They were unwrapped before which, counterintuitively, meant you couldn’t see them on these pdfs if an activity had a long subject line. We’ve wrapped ‘em up (but you can see them now).
v1.4.60 - 1/28/2016
* Added: birthday banner back to top of contact pages on their birthday. They’re green. They are festive. Green, festive birthday banners!
* Updated: Retriever for Tailwag download link to point to newest version. Kind of a minor thing, as Retriever for Tailwag itself will prompt you to update when you open it after a new version is released. Still, the showroom model shouldn’t be last month’s model when this month's is oh-so-much-shinier.
* Fixed: issue where Imaging subfolders were sometimes disappearing temporarily within Documents section of contact record after you clicked on them to view files contained within them. A not-so-fun game of hide-and-seek that is no longer allowed on premises.
* Fixed: Extra space was added after Last Name when Suffix added to record. This could cause issues with mail merges, labels, etc. It made the comma between Last Name and Suffix awfully lonely as well.
* Fixed: Assigned To list on Edit Opportunity is now sorted and only contains Active users in the list. This ensures not only that you can’t assign opportunities to Disabled users who couldn’t see them anyway, but also that your Active database users look all sorted and dapper in that list. You can’t overestimate the value of dapper (and active) when it comes to dealing with opportunities.
* Changed: Checkbox list to the better-looking one for adding attendees to Activity. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but, c’mon, it just looks better!
* Fixed: issue where reassigning a due date on a workflow task sometimes produced an error, even though the change was still made. Have you ever had a friend whose overabundance of caution kept them from having any fun in life at all? That was this error. It’s going skydiving this weekend!
v1.4.58 - 1/25/2016
* Fixed: Orion integration overhaul. Plus, credentials now required to enable Orion Connect. Overhaul performed to address issues with using the Household portion of the integration. If you’re an Orion user, everything will look the same to you – the overhaul was under the hood. So, what’s different? It works much, much better!
* Added: Linked Contact column to Opportunity exports/reports. The column was already present onscreen but had begun to complain loudly about not being featured in Excel and Adobe versions of the data.
* Added: fix for denoting symbol linking shared addresses on contact view, changes linked address map symbol to red. In other (clearer) words, for shared addresses their map icon is now red on the Contact Card, where on the original record where the address was actually entered, the map icon on the Contact Card is black.
v1.4.55 - 1/20/2016
* Fixed: assign keyword bulk action and background job. In some instances, this modal remained open and if you closed it you’d get a “we’re sorry but something went wrong” message and the bulk assignment hadn’t occurred. A polite message, sure, but not that helpful. The issue is now resolved.
* Fixed: Laserapp Anywhere beneficiary section, as beneficiaries weren’t being passed over to LA. Also, corrected malformed xml in desktop. We couldn’t verify that the latter was actually causing any issues, but we fixed it anyway. That’s how we do.
* Changed: the bulk Add to Tag Group job modal to make it pretty too. Pretty too? That’s right, we made the individual Add to Tag Group modal pretty earlier in the week and forgot to include that in the release notes.
* Fixed: bug where Activity reports and exports (not the Activities themselves) were displaying the wrong date (for evening activities) as user time zone wasn’t (always) being taken into (careful) consideration. Note: all parentheses included to qualify rather than obfuscate a nasty bug, whose previous existence we abhor with the heat of one thousand suns.
v1.4.50 - 1/7/2016
* Added: column sorting to Birthday Reminders report, Contacts by RMD report and Contacts by Keyword report. Ongoing adventures in sorting capabilities.
* Fixed: Dashboard Workflow Tasks bug where tasks assigned to a team current user was not a member of were showing up. If your database has a lot of teams, and your office makes good use of Redtail Workflows, this fix should make you happy with your Workflow Tasks number. Unless you’re on every team. And responsible for every Workflow Task. In which case the number of tasks will remain the same.
v1.4.49 - 1/6/2016
* Added: some column sorting to the Notes by Contact report. We know you’ve been busy sorting all your newly sortable reports and hope you can make time to sort this one as well.
* Fixed: 500 error occurring with birthday reminders if the birthday falls on the exact day of the start of the range being filtered for. If that day happened to be today, this was bad. Especially if the birthday belonged to your spouse. It’s fixed.
v1.4.48 - 1/5/2016
* Added: column sorting to Activity Reports (Activities by Contacts, Activities Assigned By You To Others, Activities Assigned To You By Others) and Opportunities by Stage Report. If you’ve been following release notes as of late, you’ll know this has been a "sort of" trend.
* Updated: the Contacts by Status and Source charts to remove the 'Not Specified' counts. That data is still accessible via Advanced Search, but its removal from your Dashboard improves load times.
* Updated: a ton of internal changes that should result in optimal speed and performance, particularly on the Dashboard page.
v1.4.47 - 1/4/2016
* Added: column sorting to Transaction reports (Transactions by Account, Transactions by Contact) and to Contacts by Important Information report. Added datatables sorting to Account Assets. An assortment of sorting additions for you to sort through.
v1.4.46 - 12/30/2015
* Added: tons of additional report column sorting, including to Account Reports (Accounts by Agent Name, Accounts by Agent Number, Accounts by Company, Accounts by Contact, Accounts by Manager, Accounts by Model, Accounts by Status, Accounts by Tax Qualified Type, Accounts by Type, Accounts by RMD) and Contact Reports (Contacts by Referred By, Contacts by Source, Contacts by Status, Contacts by Servicing Advisor, Contacts by Writing Advisor, Contacts by Category). That’s a lot of sorting capability packed into one release note.
* Changed: The Contacts by Category chart on Today’s Overview no longer displays the number of “Not Specified” (or blank) contact categories. This removes the NULL (Blank) counts and speeds up the query by 50%. Basically, it’s a tradeoff between essentially empty information and improved load times. And, you can still easily determine which of your Contacts have not been assigned a Category via Advanced Search.
* Updated: Opportunities on Today’s Overview page between a specified range so that not all past due opportunities are displayed. This will significantly improve load times in many databases, and all opportunities are still accessible via the “View All” button.
* Fixed: issue where Contact popover gets stuck, staying displayed on screen. It was whack-a-mole for you and whack-a-mole for us but we believe it’s now resolved.
v1.4.45 - 12/29/2015
* Modified: the query for Timeline Updates count used on the dashboard controller to speed it up. Faster, faster!
v1.4.44 - 12/28/2015
* Changed: remote technical support link from gotoassist to join.me. Not only did we change the link, but we will also actually use join.me rather than gotoassist to provide remote technical support. No bait-and-switch here.
* Added: alphabetical sorting to Personal Interests. This list has the potential to grow unwieldy, as personal interests are so, well, personal. Alphabetizing the list makes it easier to scan for what you’re looking for.
v1.4.43 - 12/23/2015
* Added: minor performance tweaks to Top Accounts by Company report and Top Contacts by AUM report. This should prevent timeouts that were occurring in some cases. No one likes timeouts.
v1.4.42 - 12/22/2015
* Added: failure handling and sending of email notification for csv export and csv custom export bulk operations, pdf contact bulk reports and bulk Send to Constant Contact operations in the case that they fail for some reason. Guesswork removed!
* Fixed: 500 error in Documents by Contact report that occurred if you selected both contact filter and date filters.
v1.4.41 - 12/21/2015
* Added: failure handling and email to labelmerge and mailmerge bulk operations in the case that they fail for some reason. In other words, for Label or Mail Merge jobs processed in background as a job, if there is for some reason a failure of the job to process, you now receive an email notification to let you know. Efficient, and saves a lot of wear and tear on your Refresh button, looking for a job that just isn’t there.
v1.4.40 - 12/18/2015
* Added: Notice messaging to CRM. This will allow us to communicate changes, system updates, or scheduled maintenance to you with a message box at the top of your CRM (you can dismiss the message after reading). We like to remain as unobtrusive as possible, but this allows us to make sure that you’ll see any messages we need everyone to see.
v1.4.39 - 12/16/2015
* Fixed: Note with team permissions didn’t display when it should on contact timeline as permission type naming had changed. These did show up as expected for those with permissions to view on the Today’s Overview as well as in the Notes section of the contact – now, they are on the contact timeline as well, trying to look as conspicuous as possible, as if to say, “yeah, we were always here, you must have just overlooked us.”
* Fixed: Guest Notification Email not sending in cases where Attendee User Email is blank and Guest Email is not. This was a bug, no denying that, but, making lemonade out of lemons here, it probably triggered some users’ realizations that they were missing email addresses for some attendees.
* Fixed: When submitting a bulk operation that is going to a job, modal wasn’t closing after “Submitting a job… ‘ message was sent. This irksome irritant of a bug has now been slammed closed with great force. Quietly, of course.
* Fixed: editing of a membership so that dropdowns are always populated with the possible existing values for “linked contact” and “linked contact is.” Because you kind of need those options.
* Changed: COMBINE CONTACTS bulk operation so that it sends an email to the user with a list of errors if the combine fails. Previously, only sent email on success. I’m of the school that says you learn more from your failures than your successes and give this change two thumbs up.
* Fixed: bug where really long contact name, contact company or family name throws off basic info header formatting. Now truncates name with a "..." instead of garbling the output. Note: people, companies or families with names long enough to prompt this truncation should consider a name change anyway. Because ain’t nobody got time for that.
* Added: servicing and writing advisor column to contact list and search results list. Defaults to these columns being off unless you turn on columns (like the reports). In other words, that info is there when you need it, but hidden when you don’t.
* Added: new report, "Notes NOT Permissioned". Also added "Note Excerpt" checkbox to "Notes permissioned" report, and added servicing advisor/filter to Contact Permissions reports. So, that’s kind of a hodgepodge of permission reports additions, with the biggie being a new permissions report that, ironically, reflects the absence of permissioning.
* Fixed: bug with infinite scroll with UDFs by Account report, where it would hang when trying to scroll. It’s unhung.
* Fixed: Multi Tier search was dropping middle tier. If you’re a middle child you understand how common this is. That didn’t make it any less frustrating though.
* Added: new Linked Accounts report along with the ability to delete the linked accounts in bulk (making the old linked assets show up in the UNLINKED list now). More reporting, more bulk actions – it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
v1.4.36 - 12/2/2015
* Added: feature to activities by contact report to allow users to filter by activities with no assigned contacts. Perfect for when you want to get some open activities done, but you don’t want to deal with people.
* Fixed: various spots (reports, etc.) where CRM should display contact’s full name, including suffixes. Suffixes matter!
* Added: support throughout for 2 new preferences to configure bulk size (i.e. when to submit to background for all bulk operations and a separate one for contact combine/delete). In other words, you have greater control over what threshold number triggers one of these jobs being sent to background operation.
* Fixed: problem with activity row displaying the day of the week in some cases when it should be a date. For specificities’ sake.
v1.4.35 - 11/23/2015
* Added: option in activities_by_contact report to just see the repeating activities. Also added one to see only non-repeating. So, filter filter. Or filter. As you wish.
* Fixed: the edit of client review date (was incorrectly being reset to repeats yearly even if user originally set it to NEVER). Then gave errors when trying to save. Client review when you want!
* Fixed: removed uniqueness validation from account udfs. Caused contact combines to fail since imports are bringing in duplicate udfs per account id. Bonus: you can now add the same account UDF more than once in the UI!
* Added: Bulk MarketingLibrary Document option from Advanced Search Contact Options. A sensible, if somewhat belated, reintroduction of a legacy Redtail CRM function.
v1.4.33 - 11/18/2015
* Fixed: validation on addresses so that it does not require presence of city, state, zip if a NON US country is selected. Now you can really enter international addresses!
* Fixed: Rollover of Activities was not implemented for repeating activities. Created and updated this implementation to properly rollover recurring activities. Previously they were kinda just rolling back and forth.
* Fixed: recent bug where user cannot re-add a contact to a tag group once removed from the tag group. Because your CRM shouldn’t restrict your contact labeling, regardless of how willy-nillily you go about said labeling.
* Fixed: bug that caused "Something went wrong" message when trying to delete an opportunity permission. Opportunity permissioning is a new functionality and had to be whipped into shape.
* Added: enhancement from RTU feedback where we set important info icon a different color if there is content. If you remove content, goes back to normal color. It’s important, doggone it – make it stand out!
* Changed: Activity Attendees – Prevented same Attendee from being added more than once. Nobody wants to attend a meeting one time, much less to attend the same meeting more than once.
* Added: Riskalyze bulk Send to option. All. The. Risk. Scores.
v1.4.32 - 11/12/2015
* Fixed: bulk notes to log timeline event for each contact. Also added display of contact name for the note timeline entry on the dashboard. Also did some cleanup of duplicate code. Triple also, bulk notes just function better now.
* Added: "Family" flag to the flags displayed for an account if it is owned by a different family member and "Show Family Accounts" is selected. Tooltip shows who the family member is. This particular release note makes me want to fire up the grill, with all this talk of flags and family.
* Fixed: When unchecking all day on an all day event, the time defaulted to 12am instead of nearest interval. This resolves the concern you had expressed about all those midnight lunch meetings.
* Fixed: Move end time when start time for activity changes. Fix based upon Newton’s Third Law of Meeting Planning.
* Added: detailed information popup for a single contact linked to an activity in the dashboard list of activities (mirrors calendar and contact index page popup). Just place your cursor over the contact’s name and watch the magic happen!
* Fixed: bug where "Create follow-up activity" checkbox on a note add did nothing at all if the note was for an account or opportunity. All Notes are now treated with the same degree of respect and consideration.
* Fixed: usability of the Know Your Client Estimated Net Worth (changed UI layout and some wording). Calculations were correct but presentation benefitted from some housekeeping.
* Added: support for opportunity permissions including all UI work and filtering of opportunities by permissions in various places (reports, csv, index, etc). Opportunity knocks – you decide who can open the door.
* Enabled: the paste a link functionality for the activity description as the wysiwyg 5 html editor can't paste links in activity description. I.E., pasting hyperlinks directly within an activity’s Description field could produce wonky results. This new button at the end of the toolbar for Descriptions removes the potential for wonkiness.
V1.4.31 – 11/4/2015
* Added: category filters to notes and resolved some issues with infinite scroll, which didn't work when filters were turned on. Added a feature, ran into a problem, fixed the problem and then we scroooooolled.
* Fixed: incorrect spelling of Quik preventing Quik export from being imported. Spelling matters, even if you’re supposed to be spelling something incorrectly.
* Fixed: several issues that could occur when manually linking accounts to feeds (allowed multiple accounts to link to the same feed, was not showing the UI to unlink an account in some cases). Resulting fixes represent both addition by subtraction and addition by addition.
v1.4.30 - 10/28/2015
* Added: descending sort order to activity note associations so the oldest notes show last. Reverse chronological order is where it’s at.
* Reconciled: the different naming of Source/Destination vs Contact/Linked Contact for membership UI. Reconciliation is also where it’s at. Or, at where it is, for the grammarians.
v1.4.29 - 10/27/2015
* Added: Memberships/Relationship report that displays Family and Membership relationships. Can be run individually or in bulk. Potentially helpful when playing Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon as well.
1.4.28 - 10/26/2015
* Fixed: contacts sometimes getting duplicated when updating a recurring activity instance and linked notes not being applied to an updated recurring activity instance. Two different issues, each of which center on recurring activity edits, one resulting in repetitive data and one resulting in not-repetitive-enough data, have both been resolved.
* Added: support to the Notes Report from the Contact->Reports selection to Show Family Notes if you have checked this as an option from the Notes page (saved as a cookie). A family matter, all straightened out.
v1.4.27 - 10/21/2015
* Fixed: bug where accounts from a family member that is no longer linked still showing up when clicking "Show Family Accounts.” A similar issue was resolved for Family Notes. We’ve ingested our coffee and cleared these up for good.
* Fixed: multiple issues that had arisen with Activity Descriptions saving correctly after recent update. While the issues were short-lived, they were gnarly and we’re happy to have sent them packing.
* Fixed: workflow task report so that date filters pull the correct results based on calculated date. Date filter wasn’t looking at things correctly but we’ve clarified the situation for it.
* Fixed: custom exports problem that would cause 500 error if selecting account status but no other account fields. If one is only concerned with status, who is the custom export to so pointedly refute your request?
* Fixed: bug where Recently Added Contacts was allowing users to see names of contacts that they did not have permissions to see. They couldn’t access records for these contacts, but they shouldn’t be able to see their name at all. And now they can’t.
* Added: dropdown to select existing account model/strategy or add on the fly when adding or editing an account. More time-saving, data-entry-error-preventing goodness at your disposal.
* Changed: workflow notification preferences to include the preferences for receiving created/updated/completed notifications as both a workflow owner AND an assignee of a workflow. Notify Team and Notify User options removed from Workflow Complete Steps area. Because, hey, it’s your inbox, after all.
v1.4.26 - 10/15/2015
* Added: client_termination_date field to contact record, custom export available fields and advanced search fields. Because “save the date” doesn’t apply to just the beginning of relationships.
v1.4.25 - 10/14/2015
* Added: ability to change an Individual contact type to a Business, Association, Trust or Union Type. Previously, this had to be submitted as a request to be processed by one of our techs. Now, it’s a quick change on your end.
* Added: ability to add more than one attendee at once to an activity (can check multiple checkboxes from list of users). Previous method for adding multiple attendees was a bit, ahem, cumbersome.
* Fixed: issue with the add for all the contact types and the list of teams would not show up when selecting "Team" for permissions, i.e., when adding a new contact, adding multiple addresses/emails/phone numbers caused ‘Selected Team’ permissions not to load. Hide what you want!
v1.4.24 - 10/8/2015
* Added: feature to move notes in bulk (types selectable) from one contact to another (won't move where permissions don't allow). This heavily requested functionality is now available (and there was rejoicing in the streets!)
* Added: Sorting to Today’s Overview Dashboard's Pending Activities. Everybody dreams of growing up and having alphanumeric and/or chronological sorting control based upon their favorite column header and now they’ve got it!
* Added: code to save and restore the list of users for notes on the dashboard (will remember user selections). This means you can set your default to always filter out his notes. You know who I’m talking about.
* Fixed: issue where notes associated with an account are not restored on a contact delete/restore. We had the option to fix this or change the button to read “Partially Restore.” That, we felt, sounded like a very sad button so we just fixed the issue.
* Added: list of linked contacts to workflow checklist report. For your cross referencing pleasure.
v1.4.23 - 10/1/2015
* Added: Contacts By Duplicate Name report along with Send to Search. A handy report for cleaning up your database, whether you have duplicated, triplicated or quadruplicated, etc. certain contact records.
* Fixed: problem in custom exports where employment Gross Annual Income was not being exported. How did we fix it? We made it so GAI is being exported in custom exports that include that field, of course.
* Added: code to default Date of Birth reminder to true when adding the spouse. Safeguards for remembering a spousal birthday are always a good thing.
v1.4.22 - 9/24/2015
* Added: ability to hide/show non-primary joint accounts (i.e. when contact is non-primary owner) on accounts page. Remembers with a cookie. This was previously impossible if joint ownership wasn’t for a Family Account. We’ve made the impossible possible!
* Added: tooltips to "Joint Account" and "Insured" flags on the accounts index page so that you can see the actual names of the joint owners or the insured contacts. Without clicking. Less clickey = more better!
* Fixed: contact method report and send_out_cards csv to use the client_since date (previously using created_at date which is wrong). A wrong righted!
* More fixes: on Activity Notifications to reflect user preferences. These have proved tricky but refinement continues.
* Added: option from a note (if note_type = note) to allow you to COPY the note (and associated permissions) to a new contact. Also, added option from a note to allow you to MOVE the note to a different contact. Much requested and now available.
* Added: change to remember the "Show Family Notes" checkbox in a cookie so user doesn't have to re-select it each time. Family Notes are now sticky notes, if that’s the view you want!
* Fixed: guests on activities weren't getting email notifications, after our recent updates to Notifications. After an update to those updates, now they do.
* Added: filter to Notes by Contact report options to only show the note excerpt. See more, see less, more or less.
v1.4.21 - 9/16/2015
* Changed: An Activity’s Linked Notes now display in Linked Contact’s Notes as well as on their Timeline. Another popular request from Redtail users put into place! Huzzah!
* Added: Ownership information to the Portfolio Summary Report. This was present in Legacy versions of Redtail CRM but had been left off in Tailwag inadvertently. The Summary now does a better job of summarization.
* Fixed: Account Ownership modal where the 4 contact fields (owners and insureds) were displaying blank when clicking edit even if they had values. Annoying at worst, confusing at best, it’s no longer an issue either way.
* Changed: account ownership panel to display the 2 owners and 2 insureds as links back to the associated contacts (if set). A minor improvement, destined to go largely unnoticed, except perhaps when you are viewing ownership information for an account and want to access the record of an owner or insured that is not the contact record you’re currently viewing. Then, oh then, the magic of the interwebs is at your fingertips.
v1.4.20 - 9/11/2015
* Added: Custom Type Title as a searchable field in advanced search for Phone Numbers, Email Addresses and Physical Addresses. Very handy if you want to set up a QuickList for the purpose of cultivating closer relationships with all of your contacts that have a “Vacation Home.”
* Added: support to remember the option to hide or show family accounts, i.e., client Accounts page will always remember your previous setting when visiting Accounts page. Just one more instance where the default setting has been converted from system to user preference.
* Added: support to all reports from account dropdown to look at "Show family accounts" cookie (beneficiaries report, portfolio detail, portfolio summary, withdrawals). That this wasn’t already in place was wrongish – it is now extremely rightish.
v1.4.19 - 9/9/2014
* Fixed the 500s that are occurring in birthday reminders when dob=1 and there is a non-individual (query needs to restrict to just individuals). In other words, if Businesses, Trusts, Unions or Associations had a DOB entered, it could cause 500 errors when viewing Birthday Reminders containing one of those records. We removed an unnecessary field in order to remove an unnecessary annoyance.
* Added: "Contacts by Important Information" report along with content search filter. Also added send to search. All your important information in one place? That’s a pretty important report!
* Added: marital anniversary reminders to the calendar (configurable by preference). Can you feel the love?
v1.4.18 - 9/4/2015
* Fixed: 500 errors sometimes occurring when using Send to Search option on Client Review Reminders report. Send to Search now always sends to search (like, of course, it should).
* Added: Send to Search option for an individual Workflow's linked contacts from a Workflow’s Actions menu on the main active Workflows page. If part of your Workflow involves performing any of the bulk actions available on Advanced Search page with linked contacts, this marks a drastic decrease in the energy required to do so.
* Added: contact birthdays option to calendar and UI to configure preference. If you missed the birthday reminder that gave you plenty of advance notice, you’ll still have time to scramble together an e-card after seeing the birthday on your main Calendar.
* Added: an Accounts by RMD report with filters. Similar to the recently added Contacts by RMD report (but different).
v1.4.17 - 9/2/2015
* Changed: Emails on Activity Notifications. We changed too much with these to break it all down here. The lowdown’s available over here. Suffice it to say for now that the updates are magically delicious.
* Added: Site Preference to elect to receive or not receive updated activity email notifications. Power to the people!
* Changed: Team Notify’s "You Have Been Assigned A New Activity" message relabeled "An activity has been assigned" as team notify shouldn't have the word “you” in it since it may not actually be assigned to you. “You,” of course, can be used in the plural form — “ye” can as well but we’re not using that either.
* Added: requested filters to the client review reminder report (status, category, servicing advisor, writing advisor). More filters = more fun!
* Added: Contact by RMD report, csv export, and send to search. A long requested report now available to you with a click. So as not to be agist, we’ve set it up so you can filter this report by ages 59 ½ and up or 65 and up as well.
* Added: UDFs by Account report and csv export. Not sure if you’ve noticed, but the new standard reports are flying fast and furious.
v1.4.16 - 8/28/2015
* Fixed: cancel button not showing for some in broadcast email history if the status was "Sending". This made it rather difficult to cancel pending broadcast emails.
* Added: new report to list contacts that are NOT permissioned along with csv export and send to search. For the permission-conscious, this will probably be a habitual destination.
* Added: back in the salutation in the contact masthead. This had inadvertently become available only when looking at Basic Information in edit mode, which could have led to some awkward moments of frantically searching for the appropriate way to address visiting royalty.
v1.4.15 - 8/26/2015
* Fixed: 500 error occurring when the only account field included in custom export is portfolio_value. If that’s all you want, you can now get it.
* Added: some additional stuff to print stylesheet to not display buttons, sidebar, and filters when printing reports. You didn’t wanna see that stuff and now you won’t.
* Fixed :the wiring up of workflows to a seminar/opportunity. It not only didn't allow you to pick a user/team but it didn't merge in all the various workflow fields. This was maddening. We’re sorry but happy to say it has been addressed.
* Fixed: bug in advanced search by keyword where it was incorrectly including contacts when a keyword was deleted from their record using bulk keyword deletion. This ghostly bug has been busted.
* Changed: default "past days" filter to 90 on No Contact report. Default was 15 days, which seemed a bit extreme and stalkerish.
* Fixed: Last Note field included in Custom Exports was exporting blank field. This would only have been appropriate had you used invisible ink for your last note.
v1.4.14 - 8/21/2015
* Fixed: Quicklist clone so that the created_at and updated_at dates are for the clone date and not the dates from the Quicklist being cloned. Clones deserve their own birthday too!
* Added: export to csv for "Emails by Contact" report. It’s earlier omission was an egregious oversight.
v1.4.13 - 8/20/2015
* Fixed: Advanced Search now includes linked accounts when searching family portfolio balance. As it should have all along.
* Added: You can now select an attendee from the Add Activity modal on the Calendar (rather than having to change attendee on Activity Details page). Adding multiple attendees still requires a visit to the Details page, but you can now rock-paper-scissors on the modal itself to select an attendee for the activity.
* Added: Estimated Tax Information fields to Advanced Search capability, which means Quicklists can also be built based upon searches that include these fields. Your data just got more queryable, even if that’s not a word.
* Fixed: when you hit the 'More Details' button on the quick add modal for activities, it should update the activity to save the data that was entered into the modal before going to the details screen, so that the activity details page correctly reflects the changes added to the modal. And now it does.
* Fixed: On the quick add activity modal from the calendar, the default add attendee should be set to current logged in user. Overturning the tyranny of the alphabetical list here.
* Added: bulk keyword delete option. Very helpful, for instance, after a news story breaks revealing the latest hot diet trend causes one to grow gills. Removing the keyword you created for that trend from those contacts who may or may not have begun exhibiting amphibious features is now a breeze.
* Fixed: when updating the start and end dates for the entire series of a recurring activity, the dates were not getting set on the base activity correctly causing the start and end dates to not move correctly upon being updated. They are now moving as they are told to move.
* Added: support to clone a Quicklist and all its criteria. You can then edit the criteria and name of the cloned Quicklist. How awesome is this? If your office needs to create a lot of Quicklists, many of which are very similar in nature, this is very, very awesome indeed!
* Added: select2 typeahead support when selecting a job title or employer for an individual contact. Meaning you’ll see a dropdown list of all occupations/employers used thus far in the database to choose from that match what you’ve typed, a helpful option to prevent duplicated/bad/varying data for the same info, e.g. ATT versus AT&T.
* Added: additional fields (Category, Status, Phone) to the Birthday Reminders Report and its csv export. More fields = more fun!
* Added: the "no contact" report to get a list of contacts with no notes or completed activities within a selected timeframe filter. You wanna see who you’ve been neglecting? Here’s your report!
v1.4.12 - 8/12/15
* Fixed: report footers to have the date be in the correct format (month/day/year). “Correct,” though, may be too strong a word. “Preferred,” perhaps, is better.
* Fixed: Albridge reports date was formatted in a way that was resulting in errors for some Albridge Reports for some users from client Accounts page. We believed we had this issue resolved previously, but we believe it even more strongly now.
* Changed: Added Paging to Alerts modal (50 per page). 50 alerts is a lot – more than 50 is pagination worthy.
* Fixed: custom exports to export review frequency and the next review date. Custom Exports geared toward Client Review information were sorely lacking prior to this fix. Now they are unsorely complete.
v1.4.11 - 8/10/15
* Fixed: Contact Card Modal menus visible without scroll. These modal menus having nothing to hide and now they act that way.
* Added: select2 selection of company name and product to account add/edit. Meaning you can select from previously entered account companies and/or products to speed up data entry.
* Added: select2 autocomplete to activity location. A huge data entry time-saver if the majority of your meetings are held at the Howard A. Wilson Jr. Chicken and Waffles Majestic Diner.
v1.4.09 - 8/6/2015
* Fixed: Seminars Header was slightly wider than rest of page and masthead not always responsive. Seminars Header is now exactly as wide as the rest of the page and extremely responsive.
* Fixed: Seminar Attendees - After adding Seminar Attendee, message that “No Available Attendees to Display” remained. This was irksome and has been obliterated.
* Added: Calendar event popovers with Notes, Attendees and Linked Contacts when hovering over the subject. That’s a lot of bang for your popover buck.
v1.4.08 - 8/5/2015
* Added: ability to remove Contact Photo entirely. Previously, you could replace with another photo but there wasn’t an option to remove an existing photo without replacing. This seemed an arbitrary restriction and we’ve removed it.
* Added: holdings (assets) for an account linked to a feed to Portfolio Detail report, making the Detail report a great deal more detailed.
* Added: total balance to portfolio detail report. Also added separate report to include only non-closed accounts in this report. They say mathematicians do their best work in their 20s – in light of that we thought it best to provide a total balance figure for you in this report. If you’re still in your 20s, feel free to add the individual accounts in your head prior to looking at a total.
* Added: an 'Add Note' link to the timeline widget on contact overview to provide another option for quick addition of note. Commonly requested and available now in a database near you!
* Fixed: email history - display correct time for time zone (was displaying all in Pacific time). Time may be a river but if you’re on the East Coast you’re three hours closer to the headwaters than those on the West Coast.
* Changed: Contact Note - Prevent 'Copy To' self when in the context of a contact, i.e., if you’re creating a note in a contact record, you can’t also select that contact from the Copy To option. While perhaps a security blanket for those like me who triple check the doors to make sure they are locked every night, that option was totally unnecessary and, if selected, would duplicate the note.
* FinaMetrica integration now available. More info here.
v1.4.07 - 7/29/2015
* Added: Select All message after running an Advanced Search will now work with all bulk operations. It was working only for Reports, Exports and Custom Exports. While there was a workaround for selecting all for the other bulk operations previously, it involved waiting for all search results to load. That could be a lengthy wait time if the search results included a ton of contacts. Now, no wait is required. And, for those of you that find the waiting is the hardest part, this should be a most welcome addition.
* Fixed: When sending a 'Completed Activity' Notification, the email should also be sent to the user who created the activity (if their preferences dictate this), unless that user is the one who just completed the activity. There was a hitch in this if said user was not also an activity attendee. Delegators will no longer be left in the dark.
* Changed: more friendly alert sounds. You still have two different barking dog options from which to choose, but neither is likely to send you cowering under your desk.
* Changed: all permission modal selects (including bulk and job) for users and teams so that they would be in alphabetical order. Another small change in our ongoing efforts to make your working life easier.
* Fixed: wrong behavior in Accounts by Status report where a filter is selected that would return no results. Now, in those cases, that filter returns no results, which is the exact correct behavior. Good filter.
* Changed: the text to read "Copy to" instead of "Link to" when adding a Note. Because words matter.
* Changed: aligned checkbox header with select row in Seminars. It was just slightly off. Just enough to drive someone who pays attention to those types of things absolutely bonkers if left that way.
* Added: header to Notes page for Opportunities and Seminars to indicate clearly which Opportunity or Seminar you are viewing Notes for. We all get distracted – this helps keep a confused look off our faces during those post-distraction moments though.
v1.4.03 - 7/22/2015
* Fixed: workflow task report to scroll (previously only showed the first page and then stopped). Infinite scroll was perplexingly finite. Will now scroll to infinity . . . and beyond!
* Changed: In top navigation, notifications showed Dismiss All button, even after no notifications displayed. No more. Bye Felicia!
* Fixed: Activity Update, Complete, and New button now continues to associate with the attached contact. Associations now properly associated.
* Fixed: Delete professional contact redirect should update dynamically, rather than redirecting to client review area. Now update is taken, but you stay in professional contacts area. Sometimes the unexpected is good – here that wasn’t the case and we fixed it.
* Fixed: CopyTalk and Mobile Assistant (Today’s Overview page) should remove messages dynamically after deletion instead of redirecting. Similar to above resolved issue with professional contacts – now you can delete messages from these partners without being rudely sent elsewhere.
* Fixed: notification time is displaying in UTC, it should be converted to the correct time zone, based upon user preferences. Universal Coordinated Time, while it sounds AWESOME, was probably not useful for scheduling.
* Fixed: exception that was occurring when trying to add in an external user and there was a space in their username. This was clearly, if unintentionally, spacist and we have resolved the issue.
v1.4.02 - 7/17/2015
* Changed: Contact Activities - Pending and Completed Filter buttons. Prettying things up.
* Fixed: query and scope in transaction class because Transactions by Contact report was not showing all relevant transactions, which tended to make it somewhat irrelevant.
* Added: Contact Card items are now bolded in two ways, dependent upon whether they are marked Primary or Preferred. Primary items Type column is bolded, Preferred items actual data column (i.e., phone number, address, etc.) is bolded. Previously, you could click a Type or select Edit for the item to see if it was marked Primary or Preferred. One you internalize the meaning for bold in each column, a glance now suffices.
* Added: Activity Attendees - Differentiate between User Attendee and Guest Attendee. Guests are now indicated clearly with the word “Guest” after their name. Treat them accordingly.
* Fixed: problem where not all activities were returned when specifying date filters (returned NOTHING when start and end date were the same). Previously, dates were set for 12 am on a given date, so choosing the same date for Start and End date would only include an activity if set for 12 am on that date. This proved useful for X% of our users, where X=0.
* Changed: birthday report pdf to print the full name for the contact, which includes nickname. Quite handy if you’re using this pdf for a birthday call-sheet, sport!
v1.4.01 - 7/16/2015
* Fixed: bug where Manage Integrations showed Constant Contact as unlinked even if it was linked. This could cause frustration, leading to possibly destructive behavior. We are happy to report it resolved!
* Changed: Link Contact to Workflow modal functionality. No more disappearing acts on the part of the modal when you’re adding to or removing contacts from Workflow.
v1.4.00 - 7/15/2015
* Changed: Manage Database Lists Action buttons to carets. They were cogs. Usage is the same, but they are easier on the eye.
* Fixed: ability to remove permissions in bulk and link workflows in bulk from Contact Options on Advanced Search page for entire result set, regardless of paging. Not necessarily the most commonly performed processes, but they should now work uncommonly well.
* Fixed: past due activities to show recurring activities for past due and next 7 days activities view for the dashboard. Recurring activities were being left out of this particular view. There wasn’t a legitimate reason for their exclusion in this view and they are now included and welcomed.
* Fixed: styling for Linked Contacts modal for Upcoming Opportunities. Previously you didn’t receive an indication when linking a new contact to an opportunity that your link had been successful. It’s now readily apparent when doing so.
v1.3.99 - 7/10/2015
* Fixed: Pending Activites path in contact dashboard navigation link. Destination was correct for the URL assigned – unfortunately, that URL didn’t take you to Pending Activities for the contact. It now does.
* Added: new category field to workflows, workflow templates, workflow report, add/edit modals, etc. Note: these are the same categories you can assign to Notes, Activities or Documents, and categorically not the ones you can assign to contacts.
v1.3.98 - 7/9/2015
* Fixed: Box borders disappearing on modals. Boxes without Borders does some fine work, don’t get us wrong, but we need those borders in our UI.
* Changed: When filtering pending activities by custom range, calendars were side-by-side. Now they are stacked. Like pancakes. Yum.
v1.3.97 - 7/8/2015
* Fixed: Birthday Report available from Advanced Search Contact Options to pull Family Head’s primary home address if the contact does not have a home address set. Also updated to pull Address Line 2 when present. Apartments and suites – feel neglected no more!
* Fixed: padding which was causing links under contact masthead to not be clickable except in a very small area. Items in this area were clickable – now they are just more clickable.
v1.3.96 - 7/7/2015
* Fixed: when users clear their cookies, the cookies check for activity params could still return positive leading to a possible 500 on the dashboard. Resolved, so you can go all Cookie Monster whenever you’d like.
* Added: date filters to Client Review Reminders report/csv and fixed issue with sorting reminders on the dashboard page (and some other tweaks). This allows you to temporarily override your Site Preferences in regard to the date range of client review reminders you’re viewing. Also added date filter support to Send to Search from this report. Both customization and flexibility, representin’!
* Added: column sorting to Workflow Report. You couldn’t sort before, and that was ungood.
* Added: date of death as a field available in custom exports. We would have done this much earlier but Date of Death was only added as a field to databases a couple of days ago.
v1.3.95 - 7/6/2015
* Added: Date of Death field for Individual Type contacts (available when clicking Edit in their Contact Details section). If Date of Death set, DOB Reminders disabled for the contact. This common feature request has now met its demise.
* Fixed: scrollbar for recently viewed quick lists and tag groups off top navigation. Moved inside modal rather than allowing it to continue competing for your attention with the side scrollbar.
* Fixed: Client Review Reminders report, csv, and dashboard to include any reviews where start date falls into preference range. Also added reminder review date column header for clarity.
* Fixed: Opportunity Tracker - Data Tables Sorting not working for 'Stage' column. Now it works just fine.
v1.3.93 - 7/3/2015
* Changed: Contacts Bulk Actions Link Contacts to Workflow now presents Workflow templates in alphabetical order. Your Workflows may offer multiple paths for processing based upon their complexity – the selection process though is now alphabetically straightforward.
* Changed: contact User Defined Fields so you can have multiple values for the same udf for one contact (previously, only allowed 1). The same great UDFs, defined by you – now, with more values.
* Added: Designation (e.g., M.D.) field to advanced search. Very helpful when looking for a second (or a third, or fourth, or fifth) opinion.
* Added: Pagination for Mobile Assistant and CopyTalk integration sections on Dashboard. Dictate as many notes as you want using your chosen integration partner without slowing load times until you can get in there and take further action with those notes.
* Changed: Sort keywords alphabetically in Know Your Client section and no longer require typing a character to see matching Keywords. Instead, when you click in selection box, all Keyword options on view. Very helpful for those who can’t remember exactly what Keywords are available (and for those who don’t spell well).
*Fixed: nested scrollbar on Activity Details modal page. Two scrollbars were appearing on right. Now, there is only one, preventing willy-nilly scrolling.
v1.3.90 - 6/30/2015
* Fixed: On Unlinked Accounts Autolink feature, fixed "like" query to only match if ssn ends in last 5 digits (when a number like xxxx99999 is passed in). Also adjusted to be feed-specific. Details are a little more complex than this, but gist is that feeds that don’t send full TIN will still allow for accurate autolinking.
* Fixed: Chrome line break fix for wisywig editor. Previously, couldn’t create double line breaks in Notes when using Chrome browser. Now, you can be as feng shui as you would like with your Notes.
* Added: the missing dependent/destroys on the Contact bank address and phones. Deleting a bank was leaving behind its address and phone info in the contact record’s banking info section. This dangling and useless information now disappears when you delete a bank.
* Added: Wealth Access integration.
* Fixed: personal profile form to pull home address. If there isn't one, gets the home address of the HOH (if there is one). Sometimes, work address was being pulled if at top of contact card. Perhaps appropriate for those who basically live in the office, but, as a general rule, home address should pull home address.
* Added: a Contacts by Keyword report along with infinite scroll, keyword filter, and send to search. Quicker than setting up an advanced search for this data, plus you can send filtered results to advanced search. Win-win.
* Changed: “Excel” button to “Export” on Top-N Reports, Reminder Reports. Button nomenclature now more helpfully reflects function rather than form.
* Fixed: the intermittent problem causing 500s on the dashboard Market Watch page. Market Watch apparently had its own ideas about which stock symbols merited display – its judgments have been taken out of the equation.
* Fixed: capitalization on Update FINRA history button and Written Agreements Review bulk action modal. Because acronyms don’t typically assign a weight to their individual, abbreviated components.
v1.3.89 - 6/26/2015
* Fixed: issue where when combining business records, contacts listed as employees records were duplicated. Sometimes addition by subtraction is a good thing – in this case it was not and we’ve cleared up the math.
* Added: default dates to filters for email by contact report. You can still filter for the dates you would like to view, but the default filter ensures you start out with manageable results as opposed to, say, a 500 error.
* Added: Show contact name when viewing family notes. Previously, it was impossible to distinguish between the Notes of various family members when selecting the “Show family notes” option. Now, the individual’s name to who the Note was added is displayed, as a hyperlink to their own Notes section. Now you can view family notes in the aggregate without losing sight of the individual.
v1.3.88 - 6/23/3015
* Added: bulk remove contact permissions option (supports removing all or a specific user or team). Now, in bulk, you can remove all permissions, a team’s permissions or just that guy’s permissions. You know the one.
v1.3.87 - 6/22/2015
* Added: when editing a recurring activity, the ability to add a contact wasn't available. Well, actually, it just wasn’t available easily from the edit modal, only from the activity details screen. Now the option is on the modal – BOOM!
* Fixed: Copytalk and Mobile Assistant message date ordering. They were displaying in reverse chronological order. We flipped the script.
* Fixed: Copytalk and Mobile Assistant 500 errors when clicking on subject. Subject line was hyperlink, going nowhere. Well, going to a 500 error. No more!
* Fixed: Show Copytalk messages in user time zone. Time zone was actually correct, just displaying in military time.
v1.3.86 - 6/19/2015
* Fixed: Send To Morningstar Workstation. Now works with Morningstar Office as well. Export specs were outdated — they are now shiny and new!
* Fixed: the recently broken hover colors on the contact icons (adding opaque to the css for the contact picture broke the icons). Actually, it didn’t break the icons, just made them pink. Pink’s a perfectly fine and acceptable color, but red just works better in our UI.
* Changed: Hide Laser App Anywhere credentials fields when Laser App Enterprise selected. Only show when Anywhere set as version. Those credentials not required for Enterprise, so having the fields visible caused confusion. Now it is so, so unconfusing.
v1.3.85 - 6/18/2015
* Added: hover effect and title over contact photos to make it more obvious that this is how upload a new photo will now work since camera icon will go away. This is a cosmetic change to make way for the more important change coming in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .
* Added: important information icon and modal to the masthead (top right menu bar) for each contact type to easily display important information (removed camera). To sum up this and previous note, we removed option to upload contact photo from top right menu bar (this action now accessible by clicking a contact photo or photo placeholder) and replaced it with Important Info icon, which, upon click, will display Important Info entered for contact. A picture may be worth a thousand words but sometimes you just need to cut to the important ones.
* Changed: Contact Record - Primary Contacts - Change to Primary Contact. This area is for tracking one primary contact. Removing the “s” now makes that clear.
v1.3.84 - 6/17/2015
* Fixed: point Suggest a Feature or Enhancement link in Help & Resources menu to correct UserVoice URL for Tailwag forum. It had been pointed at Leapfrog forum, which was creating confusion and preventing both frogs from leaping and tails from wagging.
* Fixed: bug causing duplicating account rows in the csv if Premium is selected as field in custom exports. Nobody wants to pay premiums multiple times – you don’t want to see them in your custom exports multiple times either.
v1.3.82 - 6/16/2015
* Enabled: Pocket Risk integration for production release. You can read about the integration here.
* Fixed: bulk permission problem where any database user could set permissions in bulk. This ability should be limited to your database owner or admin database users only – and now it is!
* Fixed: 500s in custom exports that can occur if you don't save sort order of fields and there is no string alias for the fields (e.g. know your client fields). Confusing? The good thing is you don’t have to worry about it anymore, if you ever did.
* Fixed: Workflow description popover links are now wrapped. They weren’t wrapped previously, making them difficult, nay near impossible, to read.
* Fixed: quick add workflow now links contact if selected from within a contact record. This was intended behavior all along. Intention and action are now in accordance.
* Added: 4 more web servers to improve overall performance. More to come!
v1.3.81 - 6/12/2015
* Fixed: Prevent page refresh when completing an activity from the dashboard. Now, the completed activity row just disappears. Like magic!
* Changed: top margin on default photos for all contact types. Issue was preventing users from being able to check off “Show Family Notes” and “Show Family Accounts” button, unless they clicked in just the right place. Now, click anywhere inside those boxes to show data you’re after – no guesswork involved.
v1.3.78 - 6/6/2015
* Fixed: column chooser in Unlinked Accounts report (columns were missing). All columns are now in place.
* Fixed: Albridge reports date formatting incorrect, which produced processing errors. Formatting has been updated and now produces processing magic.
v1.3.77 - 6/4/2015 * Fixed: problem in custom exports of accounts so that the tax qualified type now displays the type name rather than an internal number (which is meaningless to users). Brief, ill-advised consideration was given to just changing the name of the field to Tax Qualified Internal Number, but not by anyone authorized to enter our Dev Cave.
* Fixed: bug where newly added teams were not showing up in many UI screens where you can select a team. New teams now not only show up, but they do so in an orderly fashion.
* Fixed: 'Update and Complete' functionality for series and future occurrences of an activity. Selecting this option wasn’t consistently producing the expected result. We’ve updated and completed the issue created to address this bug, with testing indicating your expected results will now prove consistent.
* Changed: take out the logic for always adding the email of the user who completed the activity, i.e., user who completes the activity will no longer receive an email notification, regardless of their Site Preferences. New logic: automated emails to tell you what you just did are overkill.
* Fixed: bug in custom exports that included accounts where there could be many, many duplicate accounts (was aggregating incorrectly with account details). This was not an appropriate place for cloning. Or quadruplicating.
* Fixed: activities creation redirect fix, i.e. modal was not closing on calendar after saving activity in some cases. It now closes with a satisfying thwack. Well, that’s how we imagine it closing anyway.
* Fixed: problem with trailing blanks in last name used to build url in Advicent integration which resulted in creating a bad URL (caused multiple errors in appsignal). The bad URLs have seen the error of their ways and are now behaving like good URLs.
* Fixed: Know Your Client Professional Contact UI so that clicking professional goes to the contact record and changed the UI to match the current styling. Previously, clicking a professional opened an edit modal. That was superfluous since edit mode is available from the professional contact’s actions menu – all superfluousness has been removed.
v1.3.76 - 5/28/2015
* Added: Linked Contact(s) column to Opportunities overview page. If more than one contact is linked, you can click for a modal with the contact list. It’s good to know Opportunity’s name when they are knocking on your door.
v1.3.75 - 5/27/3015
* Added: When adding a new note to an Opportunity, the opportunity name now shows up at the top of that note modal. When you’re closing opportunities left and right, this addition will help ensure you don’t over-enthusiastically add a note to an incorrect opportunity.
* Added: When adding a new note to a Seminar, the seminar name now shows up at the top of that note modal. As with the above and opportunity notes, this can reduce the risk of putting a note where it doesn’t go (and potentially save you the embarrassment of showing up in golf attire for a more formal type event you’re holding).
* Changed: Contact By Status report to better handle statuses that are deleted so that all contacts are ordered correctly (deleted status is treated as NO status and they are grouped together now). Just because those contacts have no status listed though, doesn’t mean they aren’t visible – in fact, since this report is grouped alphabetically by status, they’ll show up at the very top, providing you with a reminder that you have the power to confer status upon them.
* Added: clickable areas to all the pie charts on the dashboard so that they redirect to the appropriate report with a filter set based upon where you click in the pie chart. As promised in release notes v1.3.73.
* Fixed: Dashboard notes no longer lose formatting when sorting. Because, well, that was a silly thing for them to do in the first place.
* Added: performance improvements to Notes by Contact report and csv, Seminar Workflow Tasks Reminders report and csv and Opportunities export to prevent time outs and subsequent 500 errors. Those were simply no fun and we’re all about the fun.
* Added: Option when running Beneficiary Report or Portfolio Summary Report to run for all accounts or all non-closed accounts). Previously these reports simply pulled all accounts. Those days are over.
* Added: Timeline index page for contacts, accessible under their name in the menu bar to the left. While their Timeline is already present on their overview page, this allows you to see all of their Timeline events on one page, rather than having to click through pages to view all of these. This will save a lot of wear on your clicking finger.
v1.3.73 - 5/20/2015
* Added: Face Value column to Accounts page, with total, in contact records. Just showing some love to the sum assured on insurance policies.
* Fixed: Issue where combine contacts fails with an "only one spouse is allowed" error. Because who are we to judge.
* Added: first pass of feature where clicking a status in the dashboard status pie chart goes to the contacts by status report for the selected status. Whetting our appetites – all of the pie charts on the dashboard will soon offer clickable reporting.
* Added: indicator of your current database within the "Switch Database" dialog. Incorporated to suppress vertigo when rapidly moving from one database to another.
* Fixed: bug in Custom Exports where Next_Activity was always returned as blank. If a next activity is present for a contact, it should now fill up that empty space in your Custom Export’s heart.
v1.3.72 - 5/16/2015
* Changed: Manage Your Integrations – removed “Save” option from integration setups that don’t require it. While it didn’t hurt anything to click Save for those setups, it didn’t help anything either.
* Added: button to delete a primary contact. Previously this was buried beneath the Edit button for Primary Contacts. Now, no digging is required for deletion.
v1.3.71 - 5/14/2015
* Fixed: Immediate 500 error that occurred when choosing SendOutCard Bulk Export option when an involved record had family membership pointing to deleted contact. Same bad data issue caused issue with contact popup. Both of these errors have been consigned to the dustbin of history.
v1.3.69 - 5/13/2015
* Fixed: "Search Notes" feature so that it clears notes container before displaying notes results. Previously just appended results to the end of the notes list and it wasn't obvious anything was happening. Also, added workaround to contact notes so that when you click family notes checkbox, it clears out the notes container before appending. In both cases, we’ve lopped off the appendage to improve the user experience.
* Fixed: 500 errors that occur when selecting all keywords in custom exports (previously would do a join on each keyword which resulted in "Too many tables" sql error). If you read v1.3.68 release notes below, you’ll see we fixed this same issue with UDFs a few days ago. We’re rapidly approaching the glorious day where we can say, “Hey, looks like we have the perfect number of tables!”
* Fixed: problem in Workflow Task Report where assigned owner name does not display if that step is assigned to a team. Also, added ability to filter by teams and/or multiple users for both Workflow Reports. Also (again), fixed Workflow PDF to print team name if task is assigned to a team. These Reports now fully display our appreciation of both a) rugged individualism and b) community.
* Changed: sort calendar users by last name and display users by last name. Because ABC – it’s easy as 1 2 3.
* Changed: roll back of email archive modal view (see first note in v1.3.68 Release Notes). Some types of emails returned error messages in modal. We’ll stick with the full-page view until we’ve resolved the issue, i.e., until the Hare has all his ducks in a row.
* Changed: how Notes are retrieved for display in Contact Record. Previously, multiple calls required to check on permissions – now only one call required. Previous method was kinda like realizing, after you checked out and got in your car, that you’d neglected to get an item you really needed on your grocery list and would have to go back in. Annoying and inconvenient. Now everything will be retrieved on the first trek through the aisles.
v1.3.68 – 5/9/2015
* Changed: email archive show to a modal. Clicking an email now opens it in a popup rather than on a new page. Why? Because it’s a quicker load and we think it looks better as well. Aesop’s The Tortoise and the Hare offers a valuable lesson, but a diligent bunny will still beat a soberly plodding tortoise every time.
* Added: band-aid for bad data on exports/reports to check if spouse contact record exists. This should resolve errors that arose for those pesky deleted/non-existent spouse records, aka zombie exes!
* Fixed: bad api response with Orion integration. This should now provoke a good api response. Bad, now good – we’re stopping there. We admire Sergio Leone, but “ugly” is not an api response we’re shooting toward.
* Fixed: 500s in Custom Exports when selecting a large set of UDFs (previously would create a join for each UDF resulting in a "too many tables" mysql error). You’ve probably heard the phrase “too many cooks in the kitchen”. This “too many tables” error produced equally unappetizing results. We’ve now made it scrumptious.
* Changed: Combine Contacts option so that the contact name in the selection area has the Contact Status appended to distinguish between duplicate names. We had previously published suggestions about how to handle this act of distinguishing between contacts. That suggestion has been nullified by the crystal clear simplicity of this update.
* Fixed: Combine Contacts so that it copies over the email addresses from the combined contacts that are being deleted. This was an oversight and present in legacy versions of Redtail CRM. Just because you’re turning three contacts into one doesn’t mean there is a corresponding decline in the need for points of client contact.
*Fixed: Broadcast email modal crash that sometimes occurred when trying to insert hyperlink. Now, links can be inserted without crashing the modal. No crash test dummy links were harmed during the troubleshooting of this issue.
* Fixed: MoneyGuidePro Reports appeared to be hard coded, i.e., they weren’t reflective of individual user-created reports from within MGP. They will now be well reflected indeed.
*Fixed: Mail Merge NickName issues. Now, both NicknameFirstName and SpouseNicknameFirstName pull nicknames if present, where this behavior was not previously consistent. A rose by any other name may smell just as sweet, but nicknames are a bit more sensitive.
v1.3.67 - 5/6/2015
* Added: cash value to the Portfolio Summary pdf — “We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.” ~ Winston Churchill. Adding a surrender value to the Portfolio Summary pdf though – yeah, we can do that.
* Changed: Custom Exports so that UDFs and Keywords appear with their names rather than numeric representation. We enjoy riddles as much as the next guy, but you shouldn’t have to be Alan Turing to understand your Custom Exports.
* Fixed: Workflow Action Menus, so that they open upward if you are toward the bottom of a page when clicking the menu. The need for this became apparent after we astutely recognized that when you drag your cursor off the bottom of the monitor, further clicks have zero effect.
* Changed: how bad contact ids are handled for many of our reports and csv exports to eliminate some of the random 500 errors experienced by users. We still recognize them as bad apples – we’ve just changed our approach toward handling them.
* Fixed: 500 errors that occurred when user submitted form for linking an unlinked account without selecting a contact during the manual linking process. Now, rather than a 500 error, users receive a message on a pink background at the top of their Unlinked Accounts Report stating, “You must select a contact”, because our market research suggests Helpful Messages on a Pink Background Are the New Black.
* Added: new way to include all contacts from a search in Custom Exports, Exports and Reports. Details are here. The same functionality is in the works for other bulk options available from Advanced Search. The old way worked, but it involved a lot more waiting, which everyone knows is the hardest part.
v1.3.66 - 5/4/2015
* Changed: when selecting from account feed to manually link an account, all feed accounts showed up in menu. Now, only those accounts where the tax id matches the contact are displayed in this menu. Not only do we want you to be able to link up manually entered accounts with their counterparts in an aggregation feed – we want you to be able to do so while maintaining a sunny disposition.
* Added: check to prevent display within UI of manual account linking option if the contact’s tax id is blank. (*See previous note). A blank selection menu is no menu at all.
* Fixed: Update and Complete option from Activity Edit modal for recurring activities was incorrectly routed, so Notes weren't being saved when one chose this option. This, of course, was a bug that defeated the purpose of the Update and Complete option with recurring activities. The option now performs as intended, with vigor.
* Added: option to send contacts in bulk to Constant Contact. This is X times better than the ability to send contacts individually to Constant Contact, where X equals whatever you need it to be at any given time. It may be five tomorrow, it may be 500 next week. When it’s 500, X is a whole lot better.
* Fixed: 500 errors that occurred when pulling Driver’s License Numbers in Custom Exports. Now, it’s not nearly as painful as actually having one’s license pulled.
v1.3.65 - 5/3/2015
* Changed: Four lists (Activity Notify Teams, Opportunity Source, Workflow Team selection and Notes User & Team Permission selection) now sorted alphabetically. Nothing earthshattering here (unless perhaps you’re on a team called “Z Team”. In that case, you might want to lobby other team members for a name change more alphabetically favorable).
v1.3.64 - 5/2/2015
* Added: Send to MailChimp will now update any existing list subscribers; additionally if the user creates a NICKNAME merge field in MailChimp we will populate it. The combination of these two additions should prove quite useful for the Richard Laymer (Richmeister the copy machine guy) types among you.
* Changed: Cleaned up some text on Common Tasks modal. To clarify: these changes were not attempts at sanitization, but rather of better organization.
* Added: As we did with Activity Types in v1.3.61, Activity Categories are now grouped by System and Custom Types during selection process. You read that right – Activity Category selection has now achieved parity with Activity Type selection in regard to its awesomeness!
* Fixed: Paste from Word into Broadcast Email. Results heretofore when attempting this sometimes displayed a veritable word salad. Now, when pasting, some of the more dubious Word formatting is stripped, providing you with a cleaner work surface from which to prepare your Broadcast Emails.
* Fixed: Broadcast Email Display Name (From field) issues. Symbols, or punctuation such as commas within the Display Name, could produce a “Bad Sender Address Syntax” error. Note: Oxford commas may still be frowned upon in some quarters.
* Changed: Custom Export updates. When selecting UDFs or Keywords to include in Custom Exports, you can now select multiple fields from either of these with check boxes rather than having to use the Ctrl key on your keyboard. Also, at the ordering phase of Custom Export building, UDFs and Keywords now display by their name rather than a numeric value. Let’s just say previously the experience when performing these aspects of Custom Export building may have been less than optimal. They have been optimized accordingly.
v1.3.62 - 4/30/2015
* Changed: Google piechart sliceVisibilityThreshold on all dashboard pie charts (Contacts by Status, Accounts by Type, etc.) now includes small slices — default setting was to group numbers below a certain threshold into “Other” category. Here at Redtail, we believe even a small piece of pie is worthy of your consideration.
* Added: option when editing activities to “Update, Complete and New”. This gives you the ability with one click to save your changes to an activity, complete it and bring up a new Activity Details page to add to your Calendar. You can forgo this option if you want the experience of seeing the items on your Calendar diminish in number for one brief, shining moment.
* Added: perf improvement to calendar (previously was getting all users from redis for EACH activity on calendar.) Now gets users_redis once and passes as an arg. — Let us rephrase that: your Calendar should now load faster!
* Changed: Institutional integrations now show up at the top of your integrations menu. Unless you don’t have any institutional integrations, in which case you can order from our strictly alphabetical menu.
* Fixed: Added the filters back to our Activity Reports that inadvertently got left out recently during some bug fixes. Our best guess is that they slipped quietly through some more porous filters while our backs were turned. They have been duly chastised.
v1.3.61 - 4/28/2015
* Added: Team filtering to Contact Permissions Report (can specify multiple teams and/or users) — in other words, this report is not only shiny and new, but now offers a level of control that makes it useful.
* Fixed (partially): files in CRM Document Storage can now be sorted by Date Added but not yet by File Size (we’ll get that resolved as well, if for no reason other than the sheer symmetry of it).
* Added: when creating an Activity and selecting its Type, System and Custom Activity Types are now grouped separately. This is not, we repeat, NOT because they didn’t play well together. We just know some of you prefer your own naming conventions within your database lists and wanted to make the selection process easier for you.
* Added: Notes Permission Report. Still need to add .csv Export option for the report, but we won’t leave you hanging — just walking before we run.
* Fixed: Contact Card now displays linked address for Family members that are not Head of Household, as we believe it a reasonable expectation that your CRM display pertinent contact information.
* Fixed: issue where City/State were not displaying in tooltip for non-HOH Family Member in Advanced Search. Also, fixed so that only address pulled from HOH is one marked Primary. The tooltip label says “Primary Address” — we thought it best we honor both parts of the expectation therein created.
* Fixed: 500 error that arose when attempting to access a Workflow that has a Team that has since been deleted associated with it (Teams may come and go, but a Workflow is forever unless, um, you delete it as well).
* Added: extension to string class to truncate html so that it is well-formed with matching tags. You’ll have to trust us on this one — it will make your CRM experience more aesthetically pleasing.
* Added: ability to send contact to Constant Contact from your Integrations Menu, when within a Contact Record. You could already do so from their Common Tasks menu, but this gives you options. Options are a good thing.
* Added: html_excerpt method to note (this version returns well-formed html when displaying the note as truncated...) Again, you may not even be consciously aware that what you’re now seeing is better than what you were seeing previously. Sidenote: our work thus far on a Hindsight/Foresight switching app has thus far yielded less than visionary results. We’ll keep eyeballin’ it.
* Changed: unicorn timeout to 45 seconds (from 30) for those pesky 502 unicorns. As magnificent a creature as the Rainbow Unicorn of Death may be, we don’t want to see it often as we are sure neither do you. As these types of errors usually represent a network error between servers, we’ve reset the timeout period to give the errors a bit more time to resolve themselves.
v1.3.59 - 4/22/2015
* Added Contact Permissions Report (Database owner and admin users only)
* Added Delivery Date field to Account Dates section for Variable Annuities.
* Added link to Release Notes to User dropdown and Help Menu
v1.3.58 - 4/21/2015
* Updates to Activity Reports to correctly display Begin and End Times. Also added data to the .csv versions of these reports.
v1.3.54 - 4/19/2015
* Bug fixes on Constant Contact integration.
* Mail merges and Labels are now pulling spouse's appropriate address if they have address marked as Primary. Otherwise, the Head of Household's Primary address will be merged.
v1.3.51 - 4/16/2015
* Retriever for Tailwag updated to version 1.3.1
v1.3.46 - 4/11/2015
* Retriever for Tailwag updated to version 1.3
v1.3.43 - 4/07/2015
* Updates to "Submit a Help Ticket" functionality available from within Tailwag, which will provide support with additional information and should make routing and processing time on tickets a bit shorter on the front end of the request.
v1.3.40 - 4/03/2015
* Linked contacts now display on contact's Pending Activities.
v1.3.39 - 4/02/2015
* Resolved issue with combining contacts when there is a contact photo on record.
* Resolved issue with page redirects after running a bulk action from Advanced Search.
v1.3.38 - 4/01/2015
* Added option to view feed details from an account that is linked to a feed.
v1.3.37 - 3/31/2015
*Updates to Print Calendar formatting.
*Added option for bulk marital status change.
v1.3.35 - 3/27/2015
* eMoney Spotlight UI enhancements.
v1.3.34 - 3/26/2015
* Added attendees to email sent when notify is set for an assigned or completed activity.
* Added Workflow Task Description tooltip on Calendar, Contact Overview, Workflow Tasks on Dashboard and Workflows page.
v1.3.33 - 3/25/2015
* Retriever for Tailwag updated to version 1.2.
* Updates to Email History display for databases archiving multiple domains.
v1.3.31 - 3/23/2015
* Added Start and End Times to Activities by Contact exports.
* Users can now link contacts to activities from the Quick Add Activity modal.
* Resolved bug that in some cases was allowing client reviews to show up twice on calendar.
v1.3.29 - 3/20/2015
* Resolved issue with attaching attendees when creating bulk activities.
* Added ability to filter Recently Viewed Contacts, QuickLists and/or Tag Groups
* UI update on Manage Integrations - Enable/Disable now handled with On/Off toggle.
v1.3.22 - 3/16/2015
* Calendar and dashboard performance improvements.
v1.3.20 - 3/15/2015
* Resolved some issues with Finance Logix integration.
* Multiple updates to improve dashboard performance.
v1.3.19 - 3/13/2015
* Resolved bug with Constant Contact integration.
* Calendar preference storage updates.
v1.3.18 - 3/12/2015
* Addition of eight web servers to improve overall performance.
* Updates that should improve dashboard performance in terms of load times.
v1.3.17 - 3/11/2015
* Nickname added to Advanced Search fields.
* Added UI display of errors during contact combine to assist with debugging.
v1.3.15 - 3/10/2015
* Resolved issue where professional contacts weren't transferring when combining contacts.
* Multiple updates to address how pending activities are handled on dashboard.
* Resolved issues that in some cases caused failure when attempting to add contact with Type of Individual.
v1.3.14 - 3/9/2015
* Many speed and performance improvements made on dashboard.
* Linked addresses now show on contact tooltip on search page.
v1.3.12 - 3/6/2015
* Resolved issue that was preventing activities from moving over when combining records.
v1.3.11 - 3/5/2015
* Resolved issue that was preventing notes from moving over when combining records.
* Resolved issue that was producing "Attendees User Has Already been Taken" error when attempting to reassign activities.
v1.3.10 - 3/4/2015
* Resolved issue where certain account types were missing coverage information.
* Implemented auto complete for employers on the Contact creation and Basic Information update screens.
* Resolved issue causing "business taken" errors when trying to add an employer.
v1.3.09 - 3/2/2015
* Resolved an issue with DOB searches.
* Added Print button to activity details edit screen.
* Assigned To field now displays in Contact Overview Pending Activities.
v1.3.05 - 2/27/2015
* Resolved issue with Calendar Preferences.
* Calendar filters alphabetized (Users, Types, Categories).
* Resolved issue with running AdvisoryWorld reports.
v1.3.04 - 2/26/2015
* Dashboard and Contact Activities now display "Assigned To" field.
* Enabled feature for Broadcast Emails - Send Test Email.
* Resolved issue where not all Personal Interests would show up in selection menu.
* Resolved issue where Send To option for SmartWorks not visible for all Cetera users.
v1.3.02 - 2/25/3015
* Multiple fixes for items that were causing 500 and 404 errors.
v1.3.01 - 2/24/2014
* Resolved issue with contact display on Activity Edit screen.
* Resolved 500 errors sometimes occurring when creating CopyTalk notes.
* Fixed edit account dialog to allow user to select NONE instead of forcing them to link to a feed account. Also added sorting and other cleanup.
* Resolved issue with adding yearly repeating activities.
* Resolved issue with completed activity notifications.
* Resolved a filtering issue with Transactions by Account report.
* Resolved timeline issues where user id rather than username was being displayed.
* Resolved 500 error sometimes occurring when opening pending activities from Today's Overview screen.
v1.2.9 - 2/23/2015
* Resolved issue causing completed activities to show up as pending in some instances.
* Added pagination to contact Activities page.
* Added pagination to Web Links modal.
* Recycle Bin now ordered by date contact was deleted.
v1.2.8 - 2/20/2015
* Fixed issue where users could only see/access 30 seminars on Seminar Management page.
* Updated Note filtering process to improve speeds.
* Added "Replace existing permission" option to bulk permissions for both users and teams.
* Updates to Custom Exports to address the 500 errors reported by some users.
v1.2.7 - 2/19/2015
* Added infinite scroll pagination to recycle bin.
* Updates to Today's Overview to speed load times for activities.
* Doubled number of web servers to increase speed and improve performance.
* Updates to improve how Calendar resizes when necessary.
v1.2.6 - 2/18/2015
* Rewrote code to speed up account dashboard.
* Updated Contact tooltip on search to display Primary Address, Home Phone, Work Phone, Mobile Phone and Primary Email.
* Updated AUM calculation to improve speed.
* Resolved issue with Broadcast Emails where they sometimes continued to display "Pending".
* Resolved issue with Riskalyze integration, where some users were getting error stating "the request could not be completed".
* Resolved issue with MoneyGuidePro Reports integration.
v1.2.5 - 2/17/2015
* Updated Alert notifications to display by date.
* Resolved issue causing 500 errors when parts of contact address blank.
* Resolved issue causing 500 errors with All-Day repeating activities without an end date.
* Removed Workflows and Workflow preference option from Calendar (Workflow Tasks and Workflow Task Preference remains).
* Enhancements to Contact tooltip.
* Multiple updates to Advanced Search to resolve issues with results count, scrolling, Quicklists, Return to Search. Also incorporated Next and Previous functionality for all results using "Send to Search" functionality (Reports, Seminars, and Opportunities).
* Performance improvements for dashboard opportunities.
* Performance updates to dashboard notes.
* Resolved issue causing 500 errors when bad data entered in Contact Details.
* Resolved issue causing 500 errors when trying to bulk edit written accounts agreement.
* Custom export sorting and field order updates.
* Added Actions menu to each row in Unlinked Accounts report with option to "Link to Contact" and another to display feed details.
* Laser App desktop integration updates.
* QuickForms integration updates.
* Updates to how colors are loaded on Calendar to speed load times.
v1.2.4 - 2/12/2015
* Code optimization that should improve load times for some pages.
* Resolved issue with completing Workflow Steps from Workflows that have been migrated.
* Resolved a 500 error issue.
* Resolved a 500 error issue that sometimes arose when attempting to send to QuikForms.
* Resolved issue caused by apostrophes in client address when using contact tooltip on Advanced Search results.
* Updates to MoneyGuidePro integration.
* Name is now a required field for Departments added to records.
* The Email field for Departments is now a freeform field.
* Departments can now be deleted from records.
v1.2.3 - 2/11/2015
* Cleaned up display of Notes on Timeline.
* Resolved issue that sometimes arose when running large mail or label merges.
* Quick Add of Activity from Calendar now includes Type field.
v1.2.2 - 2/11/2015
* Resolved issue with Past Due and Next 7 Days filter on Dashboard.
v1.2.1 - 2/10/2015
* Tag group modals now list tag groups in alphabetical order.
* Activities with multiple assignees no longer show duplicates on the Calendar when viewing Calendar of multiple database users.
* Added opportunity tracker table column sorting, available by clicking up/down arrows at far right of each column header.
* Checks established to ensure permissions apply to Timeline in regard to contacts and notes.
* Riskalyze menu added to contacts' Accounts page (next to Account Options button).
* Filter option added back to Contact Timeline.
* Advanced Search Run button now displays "Processing" to let you know your search is in progress.
v1.2.0 - 2/6/2015
* Memberships now won't allow edit/delete when the membership is implied by the employer relationship.
v1.1.9 - 2/6/2015
* Seminar Attendees now ordered by name (Last Name, First Name)
* Fixed Send to Quikforms bug that occurred when attempting to send non-Individual Contact Type.
* Tag Group members now ordered by name (Last Name, First Name)
v1.1.8 - 2/5/2015
* Bug fix for those using Send To option with Laser App Anywhere.
* Resolved column headers issue for contact Open Activities.
* Calendar users, types, and categories selections are now saved and remembered when you move between different areas of Tailwag (meaning those selections will stay in place until you change them).
* Resolved issue where activity creation was not defaulting to user's indicated default activity type.
* Rewired cancel, delete and complete actions from the activity details page to redirect user to the last page they were working on prior to entering the activity's details.
* Activity modal is now closed after you confirm your selection for the activity.
v1.1.7 - 2/4/2015
* Addressed errors that sometimes occurred when using the Previous button within a contact record returned in search results.
* Resolved issue where contact notes were showing up on Today's Overview Timeline but not on Contact Overview Timeline.
* Resolved issue that was not allowing Orion integration options to display.
* Resolved issue where imaging documents were not showing up under folders.
* Resolved issue where activity deletions were showing up on Today's Overview Timeline but not on Contact Overview Timeline.
* Clicking on a contact photo now displays the original uncropped version.
* Changes to Alerts so that they disappear when date is moved forward or activity is completed.
* Today's Overview Pending Activities now set to remember your previous Filter Dates.
v1.1.5 - 1/31/2015
* Users can now add Keywords to contact records (either individually or in bulk) that were not previously added as Keyword options under Manage Lists.
* Removed disabled users from available list when adding Team members to a Team.
* Non-US Zip code formatting now allowed.
* Resolved issue with Pending / Completed Activity display on Today's Overview.
* Added ability to clone Workflow Template (from existing template's Actions menu).
* Added tooltips to Top Right Menu Bar options (Quick Add, Integrations, Recently Viewed, Alerts and Help).
* Added Previous / Next options when navigating contact records from Advanced Search.
* Text color on activities on Calendar now adjusts based upon user's chosen background color for activities.
* Added Head of Household indicator (with Tooltip) for Advanced Search results.
* Resolved issue with export of Labels so that they sort alphabetically.
* Fixed hide/show ssn option in Contact Details so that user preference is honored.
* Contact Timeline now displays username rather than user ID.
* Draft Notes no longer display on Timeline.
v1.1.4 - 1/26/2014
* Updates to the SEI workflows integration.
* Address modal now displays when clicked from Timeline.
* Resolved issue that prevented users from scrolling past page 3 of search results.
v1.1.3 - 1/23/2014
* Added pagination to the search results page for all reports that support send to search.
* Updates to eMoney integration.
* Quicklists now sorted by name and paginated.
* Can now click a Quicklist name to run it.
* Updates to Workflow Diagram display.
* Major updates to contact Timeline to improve load time.
* Alphabetization of Bulk Action options available on Advanced Search.
* Resolved issue with setting User Rights under Manage Database Users and Teams.
* Disabled database users removed from list of Users for Note permissions.
* Linked Account's Account Assets area now displays "as-of" date and provides menu options.
* Major cleanup and enhancements to Timeline.
v1.1.2 - 1/15/2015
* Record count for bulk actions now displayed.
v1.1.1 - 1/14/2015
* Improved formatting / cleanup of Notes created when completing an activity.
* AZ timezone option added to General Options.
* Added ability to associate an account with a Note during Note creation.
v1.1.0 - 1/13/2014
* Added additional search options for Professional Contacts.
* Restoration of completed activity notes and link to contact.
* Updates to ShareFile integration.
* Account UDFs now sorted by UDF name.
* When deleting instance of a repeating activity, user now redirected back to calendar.
* Last IP and Last Pass Change now displayed for each user on Manage Database Users and Teams page.
* Fixed issue where Calendar was not automatically refreshing color coding for completed activities.
* Major Calendar performance updates.
* Fixed issue where "Add New Stuff" modal did not close after selecting new Seminar, Opportunity or Workflow.
* Rewired contact us link to point to our new helpdesk.
* Resolved Runtime Errors when using Riskalyze integration.
* Fixed filter options in Note, Activity and Workflow Reminder reports so that disabled users no longer display.
* Updates to completed activity notification template.
* Pending Account Activities screen added.
* Resolved issue with Calendar's Color Coding functionality.
* Changed default Filter on Contact Activities page to all open Activities.
* Aesthetic changes to Reports toolbar.
* Resolved issue with Make Primary button on Contact Address.
v1.0.0 - Release Day! :)