When you access a contact record in Redtail, you'll notice new menu items in your Left Menu Bar underneath Contacts (these menu items only appear when within a contact record):
Here we'll take a look at Documents. If you click that option from this menu, you'll see the Documents area for the Contact:
Information about each document or file is displayed in six default columns:
1. The first column contains an icon representing the format of the document displayed.
2. The second column displays the file Name.
3. The third column displays the Category (if any) you indicated for the file during the upload process or while editing.
4. The fourth column displays the account number, if the document is linked to an account within your database.
5. The fifth column displays File Size.
6. The sixth column displays the date / time the file was uploaded.
Downloading, Editing, Deleting or Linking Documents to an account
To the left of each Document name, your Actions menu gives you each of the below choices:
Selecting Download will allow you to download the file if necessary.
Selecting Edit won't allow you to edit the file itself, but rather its Name, Description and/or Category. To edit the file itself, you would need to download, make your edits and then upload again.
Selecting Link to an account... will allow you to link the file to an account associated with the contact's record.
Selecting Delete will allow you to remove the file from the contact's Document Storage area.
Uploading to CRM Document Storage
To upload new files to a contact's Document Storage area, click Upload in the top right corner of this area (or click the Plus icon in your Top Right Navigation Bar and select Documents):
You'll then see the below:
Click the Add Files button. You'll then see a dialog which will allow you to browse for and select the file(s) on your machine that you would like to upload. After selecting the file(s) and clicking Open, your file(s) will show up in the upload queue. You can then click Start Upload to begin the upload process. Once the upload process is complete, you'll see the file(s) listed within your contact's CRM Document Storage.
Note: the upload process is handled using Flash, HTML5 or Silverlight, dependent upon what you have installed on your machine. When you initially click the Upload option, it will search your machine for Flash, then HTML5 and finally Silverlight. If none of these are available on your machine, the upload process will fall back to the older method available (single file upload at a time). HTML5 is available in all browsers except for IE9 and below.
Note: file types with the extensions .exe, .bat and .msi will be blocked from upload to CRM Document Storage.
To the right of your CRM Document Storage section on the Documents page, you'll see a Document Views box:
1. CRM Document Storage – Documents displayed from this link are documents which you have uploaded directly into a contact record within your Redtail CRM — this is what we have been looking at above.
2. Redtail Imaging Documents – If you also subscribe to Redtail Imaging, you can access documents via this link which you’ve uploaded into Imaging and linked to this contact.
3. MoneyGuidePro Reports – If you are a MoneyGuidePro user, you can access client reports for this contact here.
4. You may also see a NetDocuments Workspace link here, if you are a NetDocuments user and have the integration set up. More details on this integration are here.
5. You may also see a ShareFile Documents link here, if you are a Citrix ShareFile user and have set this integration up. More details on this integration are here.
6. You may also see an Evernote Notebooks link here, if you are an Evernote user and have this integration set up. More details on this integration are here.
7. You may also see a Cities Digital (LaserFiche) link here, if you are a LaserFiche user and have set this integration up. More details on this integration are here.
8. You may also see a Cabinet SAFE link here, if you are a Cabinet SAFE user and have set this integration up.