Scheduling errors are a common mistake that can negatively affect your clients’ perceptions of your office. That’s why it’s important that your office use a calendar that allows everyone to see quickly what others in the office have scheduled as well as giving them the ability to assign calendar items to others. Additionally, it’s important that you be able to report out on calendar items in order that you might better monitor where time is being spent and how time management might be improved.
- A quick actionable view of your Activities for today from your default login page (Today), with links in that area to quickly access past due or upcoming Activities as well:
- A separate Calendar portion of your CRM where you can view your calendar by Day, Week or Month views, where you can choose which database users' calendars to view and where you can view whatever activity types and/or categories that you want to see displayed:
- You also have the ability to color code different types of activities, as you can see in the screenshot above.
- The ability to assign activities to other users' calendars during activity creation or editing.
- Calendar reporting capabilities available under Reports —> Activity Reports.
To help users manage their activities, the Redtail calendar also has the following features:
- Ability to show/hide specific activity types/categories using those Filters above your Calendar:
- Ability to show/hide specific database users' calendars with the Users Filter above your Calendar:
- Change the calendar colors: Each database user has the capability to define custom colors for activities by Activity Type. Your color selections will be used even when you are viewing activities for multiple users. To begin setting up your custom colors, click Change Colors from your Actions menu on your Calendar screen:
You will then be presented with a modal where you can define your custom colors for the Activity Types (as well as for Seminars, Workflows, Reminders and Holidays) which your office has established:
You can then click a currently assigned color to edit it. After clicking on the current Color for the Activity Type "Client Lunch," you would see the following:
From there you can select from the color selector that is available (or, plug in your own Hex Code number for colors not displaying here). After you have selected your new color, just click Save Colors. After your Calendar refreshes, you should see your color changes in effect.
- Additional Calendar Features
— Drag and drop items from their current time to the new time. Just click and drag the activity to your desired time. This works for Day, Week and Month Views. NOTE: if the move did not successfully update the activity, the activity would still show at its original date and time.
— "One Click" editing of Activities - one click will open up an Activity's Details page.
— Click on a time to add a new Activity. Place your cursor on your calendar at the time you would like to add the activity, click, add the activity information and save.
— Print Calendar functionality is available from the Actions menu above your main Calendar.
— Show Completed Activities, Client Reviews, Your Workflow Tasks, Birthdays, Anniversaries and Seminars on your main Calendar (these options are available from the Actions menu above your Calendar)