There are two primary navigation menus within Redtail that remain present regardless of where you are within your database, with one running vertically down the left and one running horizontally on the top right:
Left Menu Bar
Top Right Menu Bar
We'll look at each of these navigation options below and the choices they present.
Left Menu Bar
By default, your Today page is the first page you see when logging into Redtail. Today allows you to see, at a glance:
- A by-the-numbers area that includes Total AUM (this links to Accounts tab), Total Reminders (this links to Reminders tab), Recent Timeline updates (this links to main Timeline, which shows the past 30 days' updates), and Total Active Workflow Tasks (which links to your Workflow Tasks page). Note: The AUM amounts for contacts you do not have permissions to view will not be included in this figure - nor will values for accounts marked as Held Away.
- Things to do Today
- Workflow tasks to do today - any Workflow Tasks assigned to you that are due today will display here.
- Team Notices
- Today's Birthdays - a quick glance at today's contact birthdays, along with the age they are turning
- Today's Reviews - a quick glance at today's Client Reviews
- Mobile Assistant Messages (if the integration is enabled for your database)
- CopyTalk Messages (if the integration is enabled for your database)
- Recent Everplans Activity (if the integration is enabled for your database)
You should note as well that when you are on your Today page that you have an additional horizontal navigational menu that will allow you to quickly access other Overview type items:
The tabs here are:
- Today — what is available on this tab was outlined above.
- Activities - this links you to your Open Activities that are either Past Due or upcoming in the next 7 days.
- Emails - this takes you to your Email Dashboard.
- Market News
This provides quick access to your Redtail Calendar. Again, you'll see an additional navigational menu when viewing your Calendar:
Note that each of these new menu items is expandable, presenting you with more options in relation to your Calendar. Those options are covered in our documentation on the Calendar itself.
This provides quick access to your Contacts within Redtail, in a variety of ways. Again, you'll see an additional navigational menu after clicking Contacts:
Information about the main page when clicking Contacts and each of these menu options can be found here.
Now, let's take a look at some new menu items in your Left Menu Bar when you are actually within a contact record:
If you are within a Contact Record, there will be a submenu visible in the Left Menu Bar under Contacts that allows you to navigate the contact record easily. In our example above, we are in the record for Jonathan Adams. Note the highlighted area that now appears. All of these new menu items apply specifically to the contact within whose record you are working.
Note as well that if you click More... you'll see additional menu items for the contact:
Again, this menu is only present in your navigation bar when you are within a contact record. It accesses:
- That contact's Accounts page.
- That contact's Activities page.
- That contact's Documents page.
- That contact's Notes page.
- That contact's Know Your Client page.
- That contact's Email History page.
- That contact's UDFs page.
- That contact's Licenses page.
- That contact's Recruiting page.
- That contact's Assets/Liabilities page.
- That contact's Memberships page.
- That contact's Opportunities page.
- That contact's Seminars page.
- That contact's Transactions page.
- That contact's Workflows page.
- That contact's Permissions/Roles page.
- That contact's Timeline page.
- Less. This reduces the Contact Record menu back to the previous one shown on the left with the highlighted area only.
Clicking Reports takes you to the top level of your Standard Reports page.
Clicking Opportunities takes you to your Opportunity Tracker, where you can more easily monitor new business and prospects.
Clicking Seminars takes you to the Seminar Management area of your CRM, where you can create new events or work with existing ones.
Clicking Social takes you to you an area within Redtail where you can view your Twitter streams. Instructions are here for authorizing and enabling that integration within your database.
Clicking Workflows takes you to your currently active Workflow Processes (where you can also create new ones or edit existing Workflow Processes).
Top Right Menu Bar
Let's take a quick glance at what this one looks like again:
Now, we can break down the purpose of each of these icons:
Hovering over the Add icon displays a pulldown menu where you can quickly add a new Activity, Contact, Document, Note, Seminar, Opportunity or Workflow:
Hovering over the Integrations icon displays a pulldown menu that allows you quick access to perform some of the more common tasks associated with your chosen Integrations:
Clicking any of these individual integrations will give you options for that individual integration partner. Note there is a filter box at the top that will allow you to search for a specific integration partner.
Hovering over the Contact icon allows you to see / quickly access contact records that you've viewed recently as well as provides you with quick access to your QuickLists and Tag Groups. Details are here.
The Alerts icon provides a visual cue when you have timed activities approaching that you can click to act upon.
Clicking the Help and Resources icon takes you to our Help & Resources page, which provides you quick access to Contact Us, visit our Google Forum, access our Helpdesk, receive Remote Technical Support, submit a Help Ticket, Suggest a Feature or Enhancement, check out Redtail Release Notes, visit our Blog, see and register for upcoming webinars, sign up for our monthly newsletter or Download the latest version of Retriever for Tailwag:
Finally, clicking the carat next to your name from this menu opens up another menu that provides access to some very important areas of your database:
The first thing you'll see here is your Redtail username (blurred in the example above). You'll then see a series of clickable menu items.
The Preferences area is where you can manage most of the default settings for your database.
If you have switch-in access between multiple databases, this will allow you to switch between them.
Manage Your Account
Manage Your Account provides access to Preferences, Admin functions, Template Management and more.
Manage Your Downloads
Manage Your Downloads allows you to access downloads you've requested within your database.
Manage Your Integrations
Manage Your Integrations allows you to enable integrations within your database, enter any necessary credentials, etc.
Manage Your Subscription
Manage Your Subscription allows you to manage your Personal and Billing Information, as well as to set up 2-Step Authentication and a few other items.
Web Links allows you to store web addresses for sites you frequent regularly within your CRM, thus providing you access from your CRM even if you are on a computer where your regular bookmarks are not stored within the browser.
Release Notes allow you to take a look at the latest updates to Redtail CRM and Redtail's other solutions.
Pretty straightforward here. This logs you out of your database.