Redtail CRM offers you a large number of Standard Reports to assist you with quickly accessing information that is relevant to your day-to-day operations. One such report is the Documents by Contact Report.
To access the Documents by Contact Report, click the Reports option from your Left Menu Bar to see all of the available Standard Reports within your database:
On the resulting page, your Documents by Contact Report is accessible within the Document Reports section:
After clicking Documents by Contact, your report will open up. Here's a look at a sample Documents by Contact Report:
This report displays your document data in several columns:
- Contact Name — this indicates the Contact record into whose CRM Document Storage the document was uploaded. Clicking the Contact Name will take you to their Overview.
- Name — this is the document's file name. You'll also see an icon to the left of the Title indicating the type of document it is, e.g., Word document, JPG, PDF, Excel, etc. Note: You can click the file name to download and open the document.
- Type — this is the document's file type.
- Title — If you provided a Description for the document, it will display here.
- Category — this displays the document's Category, if any has been assigned to it. You can assign Categories to your documents during the upload process or later using the Edit option for the file.
- Account Number— this displays the Account the document is linked to, if any.
- File Size — this displays the file size of the document.
- Date Added — this displays the date that the document was uploaded into your database.
Note that the columns will allow you to sort the report data based upon that column's data by clicking the column name.
Above your report, you'll see several Options:
After clicking filter, you can then filter your report by any combination of the fields below:
Note as well the "Saved Filters" tab here. If you find that you consistently apply the same filters to one of Redtail’s Standard Reports to meet the unique needs of your office, you now have the ability to save those filter options for quicker access to the report data you’re looking for! Learn more here.
Clicking export will download the data and allow you to open it up in Microsoft Excel.
The pdf button downloads a report, suitable for printing.
Search sends the currently displayed contact names in your report to your Advanced Search page, where you can take further actions with those contacts.