Redtail's Opportunity Tracker provides you with a method of keeping track of what's in the pipeline. You can access Opportunity Tracker from your Left Menu Bar:
After clicking Opportunities, you'll then see a list of all of Active Opportunities currently within your database. Here's a partial view of what that might look like:
Above those Active Opportunities, you'll see a By The Numbers section that displays the number of Active (Open) Opportunities, the potential amount at stake for those Active Opportunities, the amounts for both your Closed Won and Closed Lost Opportunities, and your Last Added and Closing Next Opportunities. These last two are links to the Opportunity Details for those Opportunities:
Now, let's look at the Open Opportunities on display. Using the Actions menu for each of the Opportunities listed here, you have several options for working with them:
- Edit opens the Opportunity's Details, allowing you to edit any of its fields or to link it to a Contact, add a Workflow template to it, view Notes associated with the Opportunity or add new ones or view Documents associated with the Opportunity or add new ones.
- Send to Search sends any contacts linked to the Opportunity to your Advanced Search page, where further action is possible.
- Timeline opens up a history of actions performed with the Opportunity within your database.
- Permissions opens up a modal where you can view, edit or add User or Team Permissions.
- Delete removes the Opportunity from your database.
Also above your Opportunities you'll see several options:
- Stage Filters allows you to filter your view by selected Opportunity Stages.
- Active will display all Opportunities other than those at the Closed Won or Closed Lost stages.
- Closed will display only those Opportunities at the Closed Won and Closed Lost stages.
- All will display both Active and Closed Opportunities.
- Export downloads your Opportunity data into an Excel file which you can then view and manipulate as necessary.
- PDF opens your Opportunity data in PDF format, suitable for printing.
- New Opportunity opens a modal where you can add an Opportunity to your database, which we'll cover below.
Creating New Opportunities
To create new Opportunities, click the New Opportunity button in the header bar for your existing opportunities:
You'll then see the Add New Opportunity modal:
Below is a look at what type of information you should enter within each of these fields.
Name: Give your new opportunity a name that will be recognizable to you when you see it in a list of opportunities. This might be a Contact, Prospect or Business Name, but it can be anything you choose.
Description: Use this field to type in any relevant data that might be helpful to you or others in your office when working with this opportunity.
Type: Use the pull down box to indicate whether this is New or Existing Business.
Permission Type: click inside this box if applicable to select User or Team and then select the desired User or Team from the resulting menu that arises after making that initial selection.
Then, click "Add New Opportunity". You'll then be on the Opportunity Details page for the Opportunity, where you can complete the following information:
Name: This will display what you added in the Add New Opportunity modal.
Next Steps: Indicate the next step you need to take towards closing this opportunity.
Close Date: Choose the date by which you expect you would need to close this opportunity.
Stage: From the pull down menu, choose which stage of the process you are on with this opportunity. Available Stages for this menu can be added under Manage Your Account —> Manage Database Lists —> Opportunites —> Stages.
Type: This will display what you selected in the Add New Opportunity modal.
Assigned To: Choose which of your database users to whom this opportunity should be assigned.
Source: Use the pull down box to indicate the source for this new opportunity. Available sources for this menu can be added under Manage Your Account —> Manage Database Lists —> Contacts —> Sources.
Amount: Indicate the projected amount at stake for this opportunity.
Probability: Indicate the percentage which you believe represents your chance of winning this business.
Projected Revenue: Indicate the revenue you anticipate this Opportunity could bring in.
Actual Revenue: If the business is won, indicate the actual revenue generated.
Description: This will display what you added in the Add New Opportunity modal.
Linked Contacts: If you begin typing a contact's name in this box, you can link contacts within your database to the Opportunity. The Opportunity will then also show up in the Opportunities section of the Linked Contact's Overview page.
Linked Workflows: If you want to link a Workflow to the Opportunity, you can do so using the "add" option here.
Opportunity Permissions: this displays any existing Permissions and also offers an Add button for additional permissions to be applied.
Opportunity Timeline: this displays a history of actions performed with the Opportunity within your database.
Linked Notes: If you want to add a Note to the Opportunity, you can do so from the Other section of the Opportunity Details page by clicking the number in the Notes area and then clicking "Add Note" on the resulting page.
Linked Documents: If you want to add a Document to the Opportunity, you can do so from the Other section of the Opportunity Details page by clicking the number in the Documents area and then clicking "Upload" on the resulting page.
After completing your desired fields be sure to click save opportunity.
Note: There is an Opportunity by Stage report available in your Reports section. Additionally, Upcoming Opportunities are accessible from your Today page.