Redtail CRM offers you a large number of Standard Reports to assist you with quickly accessing information that is relevant to your day-to-day operations. One such report is the Notes by Contact Report.
To access the Notes by Contact Report, click the Reports option from your Left Menu Bar to see all of the available Standard Reports within your database:
On the resulting page, your Notes by Contact Report is accessible within the Note Reports section:
After clicking Notes by Contact, your report will open up. Here's a look at a sample portion of a Notes by Contact Report:
This report displays your Note data in several columns (Note that you can sort the report by any column's data by clicking that particular column header):
- Contact Name — this indicates the Contact record to whom the Note was added. Clicking the Contact Name will take you directly to their record overview.
- Note Added — this is the Date / Time Stamp for the Note's entry.
- Account Number — if the Note is tied to a specific Account, the Account Number will be displayed here.
- Note — this displays the Note itself.
- Category — this displays the Category indicated for the Note.
- Added By — this displays the name of the database user that added the Note.
Above your report you'll see several additional options:
Clicking the "filter" button will open up a Filter Options modal that will allow you to set up specific parameters to control the Notes displayed within this report:
- Start Date — You can elect a different Start Date by typing directly in the box or by selecting a new Start Date from the Calendar that appears when you click inside this box.
- End Date — You can elect a different End Date by typing directly in the box or by selecting a new End Date from the Calendar that appears when you click inside this box.
- Note text — By default this is blank. You can search for specific words or phrases in your Notes here to filter by those.
- Contact Name — By default this is blank. If you would like to filter the Report for those Notes attached to a specific contact, begin typing their name in this box. When you see their name show up as an option, click it to select it.
- Note Types — Select from all Note Types or handpick the Types you want to see displayed.
- Note Categories — By default all Note Categories are displayed. You can click this to instead filter by any combination of the Categories available within your database.
- Users — By default all database users' Notes are displayed. You can click this to instead filter by any combination of your database users' Notes.
- Only show an excerpt of the note - check off this filter if you only want to see excerpts of each note in the report.
- Apply Filters — in order for any of the filters below to be activated, you must click this button after making your filter choices.