Setting up the integration:
- You can sign up for a trial account with Mobile Assistant by clicking the Free Trial link from the Mobile Assistant widget on your Today page:
Note: if you don't see this widget on your Today page, you'll need to enable the Mobile Assistant integration within your database. Instructions for enabling integrations can be found here.
- After clicking Free Trial, you'll then see the below, with your First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Phone Number already populated (this information is passed from Redtail to Mobile Assistant's Trial Creation service when you click Sign Up):
You can then click Activate CRM Integration. (Note: you will automatically receive the discount reserved for Redtail users when you sign up using this method, should you elect to activate your Mobile Assistant account at the end of their trial period.)
You should then expect an email from Mobile Assistant after your trial has been activated (email should arrive within an hour) that outlines how to access your account online, as well as providing other information about the service.
- Note: new functionality for this integration was introduced by Mobile Assistant in February of 2017 that allows users to indicate during their dictation of a note that its content should be added directly as a Note or an Activity for a specific contact. To enable this functionality for your Mobile Assistant account, you will need to contact them to request, as it is separate from the previously existing integration (no additional costs are involved though). I'll talk a bit more about that below in the Integration functionality section.
Mobile Assistant offers an easy, fast, secure and accurate method for documenting client interactions and meeting details — you can read more about Mobile Assistant here. You might also be interested in reading a guest post by Corey Westphal, President of Mobile Assistant, posted at The Digital FA and titled Mobile Transcription, CRM and Even Marketing. Mobile Assistant's integration with Redtail offers you an easy way to transfer dictated Notes into Redtail.
- Begin using your Mobile Assistant account. FAQs for Mobile Assistant are here. Within hours, your message will be delivered to your email Inbox and listed under the Mobile Assistant Messages section on your Redtail Today page (NOTE: If you state "Subject Line is . . ." at the beginning of your Mobile Assistant message, the subject line will display in the Subject column for your message in Redtail.
You'll then have five options with each of your Mobile Assistant Messages:
- Create Activity from Mobile Assistant - clicking this option will bring up your standard Add New Activity dialog, with the Mobile Assistant Message already entered into the Note for the Activity.
- Create Note from Mobile Assistant - clicking this option will bring up your standard Add New Note dialog, with the Mobile Assistant Message already entered.
- Create Opportunity from Mobile Assistant - clicking this option will bring up your standard Add New Opportunity dialog, with the Mobile Assistant Message already entered.
- Delete Mobile Assistant Message - you can click this to remove the message from your Mobile Assistant Messages. You'll receive a confirmation dialog to confirm the deletion.
- View Mobile Assistant Message - select this option to see a dialog displaying the message you sent from Mobile Assistant.
If you've requested with Mobile Assistant that the functionality allowing you to dictate Notes or Activities directly into Redtail contact records be turned on, be aware that those Notes will still appear on your Today page in this section, if you desire. You can, however, request that Mobile Assistant turn off the older component of the integration, so that those Notes would not show up here. This is set up this way because Notes, once entered, cannot be edited. If you or the MA transcriptionist make an error in terms of the content of your message, placing these entries in this section gives you the opportunity to make edits and delete the Notes or Activities that contain erroneous information.
New features available as of 2019:
Talk It has a fresh new look and includes the built-in Assistant feature, engineered to help guide Advisors through the dictation process with the use of templates.
Why is the Assistant such a dictation disruption? Until this innovation, the traditional dictation process has worked something like this: you leave a client meeting, open our dictation app or call the dictation hotline, and speak your notes. The responsibility of structure and thought organization is left solely up to you, and doesn't come easy or natural for many of us!
The new Assistant provides stepping stones for advisors to navigate through the dictation process:
- Open Talk It, then click the Assistant in the menu bar
- Select a template or create a new one
- Speak your notes as you scroll through the list of questions (be sure to say each question aloud so our transcriptionists know where to insert your dictation)
- Submit your dictation, then your note will be delivered; the dictation entered after each Assistant template question so your notes are structured and organized.
Imagine having an Assistant template for every type of client meeting; Annual Review, General Client Meeting, Tax Review, etc. Never miss a detail again.
Below is a brief overview video of the all new Talk It app:
Highlights of Mobile Assistant
Integration Partner Spotlight:
Click Here for a recorded spotlight webinar featuring Mobile Assistant and Redtail
Or, view the recorded Best Practice webinar below:
Video not Loading? Unable to view YouTube? CLICK HERE
Mobile Assistant resources:
Mobile Assistant Website
eBook Increasing the Power of REDTAIL CRM - Document attached
Mobile Assistant "The Impact of the Elephant" infographic attached (in pdf format) and on display below:
And, here's a brief, fun commercial from Mobile Assistant about their service:
If you are looking for more Voice Dictation Tools, click here!