Deleting Folders or Images from your Imaging account can be performed either individually or in bulk.
To delete an individual Folder (and all of its contents), simply navigate to its Library and locate the Folder. Then, click the down arrow in its Actions column and select "Delete folder":
Selecting this allows you to delete a folder and all of its related data. This cannot be undone, so the resulting dialog requires that you enter the word "delete" in the box and then click Delete to confirm you want to do this:
To delete an individual Image, simply navigate to its Library and within the Folder where it is contained. Then, click the down arrow in its Actions column and select "Delete image":
Clicking this provides you with a dialog just confirming that you want to delete the Image.
If you want to delete Folders or Images in bulk, you can do that as well, as long as they are all at the same level in the same Library.
The Delete Selection column is the first column in your Library grids — selecting the down arrow here will allow you to select either All, None, All Folders, All Images, No Folders or No Images within your currently viewed Library (or Folder) and then delete your desired selection:
A brief explanation of each of these options is probably in order:
- All — clicking this selects all items in your currently viewed Library (or Folder).
- None — if you currently have any items selected, this deselects them all.
- All Folders — clicking this selects all folders only, i.e., any images here not within a folder will not be selected.
- All Images — clicking this selects all images only, i.e., only images that are not within a folder here will be selected.
- No Folders — this option is only functional if you currently have All selected or currently have some Folders and/or Images selected. In that case, it will deselect any Folders that are currently selected, leaving the selection in place for any selected Images.
- No Images — this option is only functional if you currently have All selected or currently have some Folders and/or Images selected. In that case, it will deselect any Images that are currently selected, leaving the selection in place for any selected Folders.
Once you have your desired Folders and/or Images selected, you can click the Trash icon to the left of the down arrow in the column header:
After clicking the Trash icon, you'll see the below prompt:
Make sure you read this message carefully, particularly if you're deleting Folders, as you will not be able to undo this action. We have added in the requirement that you type the word "delete" in this box to try to help prevent users from accidentally deleting items unintentionally. When you're sure you're only deleting items that you want to delete, just type "delete" here and click Delete All.