To scan a new image directly into your Unfiled Library (you can move it at a later date to your Client or Corporate Library), click the Scan New Image link on the horizontal menu bar at the top of your Imaging page:
You will then see three steps:
Step 1 – Get the scan
Step 1 is where you scan the image from your scanner into your Imaging account. This is accomplished by clicking the Acquire button:
Note that there are several scanning options beneath the Acquire button that may or may not apply to you:
1. ADF – If you are scanning a multi-page document using a scanner with ADF (Automatic Document Feeding), you should check off this option prior to clicking Acquire.
2. Duplex – If you are scanning the front and back sides of a document using a scanner that supports Duplex scanning, you should check off this option prior to clicking
3. Advanced UI– If you would like to open up the Advanced User Interface for your Scanner when acquiring the document, you should check off this option prior to clicking Acquire. Outside of needing one of these options, you should generally be able to acquire your document simply by clicking the Acquire button.
Step 2 – Options
Step 2 provides you with some options after you have acquired your scan:
1. Edit opens up your image in a new window where you can perform some standard editing tasks such as rotating or resizing your document.
2. Prev(ious) and Next allow you to move between pages if your document is multiple pages.
3. Del(ete)deletes your Scan – it will not be saved in your Imaging account.
Step 3 – Name & Save
Step 3 is where you name and save your scanned image:
Simply type the name in the Document Name field and then click Save Image. Note that you also have the option to save your scan as a PDF document if you check off that option. Your page will refresh on the Scan New Image page so that you can continue scanning if you have additional documents to add. The next time you visit the Unfiled Library, your new scanned document(s) will appear there, bearing the Document Name you provided here.
Moving Files from your Unfiled Library to your Client or Corporate Library
To move your file from your Unfiled Library to one of your other Libraries, right click on the file in the Unfiled Library and select Move File:
You will then be refreshed to another page that looks like the image below, with the text in red being the name of the file you are moving:
To move the file into the Client or Corporate Library, in the Folders pane on the left simply use the plus icon next to the Library of your choice and drill down into the folder you want to place the file. After selecting the folder, click the Move button in the right pane to finish the move.