Mobile Assistant offers an easy, fast, secure and accurate method for documenting client interactions and meeting details — you can read more about Mobile Assistant here. You might also be interested in reading a guest post by Corey Westphal, President of Mobile Assistant, posted at Bill Winterberg's FP Pad Blog and titled 3 Reasons You Should Document Client Meeting Notes. Mobile Assistant's integration with Redtail offers you an easy way to transfer dictated Notes into Redtail.
Setting up the Integration
- You can sign up for a trial account with Mobile Assistant by clicking the Sign Up link from the Mobile Assistant widget on your Dashboard:
You'll then see the below, with your First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Phone Number already populated (this information is passed from Redtail to Mobile Assistant's Trial Creation service when you click Sign Up):
You can then click Activate CRM Integration. (Note: you will automatically receive the discount reserved for Redtail users when you sign up using this method, should you elect to activate your Mobile Assistant account at the end of their trial period.)
You should then expect an email from Mobile Assistant after your trial has been activated (email should arrive within an hour) that outlines how to access your account online, as well as providing other information about the service.
- Within Redtail, you should see a Mobile Assistant widget on your Dashboard page that looks similar to the below:
If you do not, your Database owner will need to enable the integration under Manage Your Account —> Manage Database Integrations.
- Begin using your Mobile Assistant account. Quick and easy instructions can be found here. Within hours, your message will be delivered to your email Inbox and listed under the Mobile Assistant Messages section within your Redtail Dashboard (NOTE: If you state "Subject Line is . . ." at the beginning of your Mobile Assistant message, the subject line will diplay in the Subject column for your message in Redtail:
You'll then have four right-click options with each of your Mobile Assistant Messages:
- Create Activity from Mobile Assistant - clicking this option will bring up your standard Add New Activity dialog, with the Mobile Assistant Message already entered into the Note for the Activity:
- Create Note from Mobile Assistant - clicking this option will bring up your standard Add New Note dialog, with the Mobile Assistant Message already entered:
- Delete Mobile Assistant Message - you can click this to remove the message from your Mobile Assistant Messages. You'll receive a confirmation dialog to confirm the deletion:
- View Mobile Assistant Message - select this option to see a dialog displaying the message you sent from Mobile Assistant: