When within a contact record, under the Contact Overview menu, you can click on Documents to go to the Client Record Documents page:
Beneath the contact's Basic Information section, you'll then see their CRM Document Storage area:
Information about each document or file is displayed in five default columns:
1. The first column contains an icon representing the format of the document displayed as well as the title provided for the document.
2. The second column displays the Category you indicated for the file during the upload process or while editing.
3. The third column displays Account information you indicated for the file during the upload process or while editing.
4. The fourth column displays File Size.
5. The fifth column displays the date the file was uploaded.
You can sort in ascending or descending order by any of these columns, simply by clicking on the column header.
Viewing, Editing or Deleting Documents
To view a document, you can double-click the row containing the file or right-click the row and select Download Document:
In either case, the file will download for you to view it. Note as well that when right-clicking you have the option to Edit or Delete the document. Bear in mind that selecting the Edit Document option won't allow you to edit the file itself, but rather its Title, Description, Category and Account association. To edit the file itself, you would need to download, make your edits and then upload again.
Uploading to CRM Document Storage
To upload new files to a contact's Document Storage area, click on the Upload link in the top right corner of this area. You'll then see the below dialog:
Click the Add Files button. You'll then see a dialog which will allow you to browse for and select the file(s) on your machine that you would like to upload. After selecting the file(s) and clicking Open, your file(s) will show up in the upload queue. You can then click Start Upload to begin the upload process. Once the upload process is complete, you'll see the file(s) listed within your contact's CRM Document Storage.
Note: the upload process is handled using Flash, HTML5 or Silverlight, dependent upon what you have installed on your machine. When you initially click the Upload option, it will search your machine for Flash, then HTML5 and finally Silverlight. If none of these are available on your machine, the upload process will fall back to the older method available (single file upload at a time). HTML5 is available in all browsers except for IE9 and below.
Note: file types with the extensions .exe, .bat and .msi will be blocked from upload to CRM Document Storage.
To the right of your Contact's Basic Information section on the Documents page, you'll see a Document Views box:
1. CRM Document Storage – Documents displayed from this link are documents which you have uploaded directly into a contact record within your Redtail CRM = this is what we have been looking at above.
2. Redtail Imaging – If you also subscribe to Redtail Imaging, you can access documents via this link which you’ve uploaded into Imaging and linked to this contact.
3. MoneyGuidePro Reports – If you are a MoneyGuidePro user, you can access client reports for this contact here.
4. You may also see a NetDocuments Workspace link here, if you are a NetDocuments user and have entered your NetDocuments credentials under Manage Your Account —> Change Site Preferences in the Integrations section. More details on this integration are here.
5. You may also see a ShareFile Documents link here, if you are a Citrix ShareFile user and have set this integration up. More details on this integration are here.
Network Drive Link
Beneath your Document Views, you'll see a Network Drive Link section:
This option is not currently available.