Adding or editing information in Redtail CRM is a little different than what you were previously used to, if you used the previous version of Redtail. In most cases, you'll now see an "Add" or "Edit" option in the header of the section within which you would like to make a change. Two examples are below:
Clicking on the Edit or the Add option will open an inline dialog where you can make your edit or addition and then save. Changes or additions are published in real time.
Working with Headers
Some header rows allow for additional interaction by clicking text other than "Add" or "Edit." For example, look at the Recent Notes section on a Contact Record:
In this example, if you were to click on "Last 30 Days," you would then see some additional options:
This type of functionality is available in various headers throughout Redtail.
Grid Layout Options
Redtail's new grid layout for reports and tables allows for:
- reordering information by sorting and grouping
- showing additional columns
- memory (in some instances) of how you've previously set up a particular table or report
How to Use the New Grid
When in a section with a grid, hover over the header row item you would like to filter or sort, then click the arrow at the far right of that header. You'll then see the following options (Column options will vary dependent upon the grid you are working with):
- Sort Acending / Decending will arrange the items in the column alphabetically from A to Z or Z to A (or by date or numerically).
- Columns will allow you to show or hide fields in the grid.
- Group By This Field will allow you to group all the items in the grid by the field you have chosen the dropdown for. (For example, you could group all accounts for an individual client or all clients under each account company. An example of accounts grouped by client is shown below:
- Show in Groups will collapse the items in each of the groups by default. Clicking the plus sign in the grid will expand the group.
Contact Address Right-click Options
If you right-click a contact's address from their Contact Card, you'll be presented with four options:
- Make Primary - allows you to quickly designate a Physical Address as the contact's Primary Address.
- Map Address - provides quick access to location and routing information through Google Maps.
- Show Weather Forecast - provides access to current/future weather conditions through Weather Underground.
- Show Zillow Report - See home value approximations for the address via Zillow.