Redtail CRM offers you a large number of Standard Reports to assist you with quickly accessing information that is relevant to your day-to-day operations. One such report is the Transactions by Contact Report.
To access the Transactions by Contact Report, click the Standard Reports option under the Reports menu from your top navigation menu to see all of the available Standard Reports within your database:
On the resulting page, your Transactions by Contact Report is accessible within the Transaction Reports section:
After clicking Transactions by Contact, your report will open up, initially displaying no data:
To the right, you'll see a Filters widget, which will allow you to filter Transactions by Comments, Database Contact, Trade Start and End Dates, Status and Type:
Note: it is required that you enter either a word or phrase in the "Look for" box or a Contact name in order to filter to any results. If we were to enter the word "review" in the Look for box and then click Apply Filter, our results might look like the below:
This report displays your Transaction data in several columns:
- Contact Name — this displays the name of the Contact for whom the Transaction was added.
- Account Number — this displays the Account Number the Transaction is linked to, if any. Note also that underneath one of the accounts it indicates "-- Posted --" You can make this designation for a Transaction by right-clicking it on the Contact record's Transactions page and selecting "Post Transaction."
- Trade Date — this displays the date of the trade.
- Trade Type — this displays Buy or Sell.
- Security — this displays the data entered in the Ticker field when adding a transaction.
- Transaction Data — this displays Gross Amount, Source of Funds, Share Balance and Share Price entered for the Transaction.
- Comments - this displays any Comments you've added for the Transaction.
To get more use out of the Transactions by Contact Report, use the grid system to filter, sort and group the content in the report on the fly. The grid allows:
- Reordering information by sorting and grouping
- Showing additional columns
How to use the grid:
- When in the Report, hover over the header row item you would like to filter or sort, then click the arrow that appears within that header. In the example below, I've clicked the arrow in the Contact Name header:
- Sort Ascending / Descending will arrange the items in the column alphabetically from A to Z or Z to A or in terms of value.
- The Columns option will allow you to check off the columns you want to appear in your grid. Column options are different for each report.
- Group By This Field will allow you to group all the items in the grid by the field from within which you have chosen the dropdown menu. If you were to click Group By This Field from within the Contact Name header menu on this report, the grid would then refresh, grouped by Contact Name, as in the example below:
- Show in Groups will collapse the items in each of the groups by default. Clicking the plus sign in the grid next to an item will expand the group. If you don't want your report items displayed in groups, just uncheck Show in Groups from the menu.