Redtail CRM offers you a large number of Standard Reports to assist you with quickly accessing information that is relevant to your day-to-day operations. One such report is the Workflow Tasks Reminder Report. Note: there is also a Workflow Funnel Report which allows you to see which contacts are at which step of a particular Workflow. You can learn more about that here.
To access the Workflow Tasks Reminder Report, click the Standard Reports option under the Reports menu from your top navigation menu to see all of the available Standard Reports within your database:
On the resulting page, your Workflow Tasks Reminder Report is accessible within the Reminder Reports section:
After clicking Workflow Tasks, your report will open up, displaying your database's Worklist Task Reminders. Here's a look at a sample Workflow Tasks Reminder Report:
This database currently has 28 Workflow Task Reminders, displaying the Contact Name, Workflow Process, Workflow Step, Due Date and Assigned To fields for each of these tasks.
Clicking on any of the column headers will sort your data in ascending or descending order, based upon the data in the column whose header you clicked.
Clicking on the down arrow that appears when you click on any of the column headers will present you with some additional options:
- Reordering information by sorting and grouping
- Showing additional columns
How to use the grid:
- When in the Report, hover over the header row item you would like to filter or sort, then click the arrow that appears within that header. In the example below, I've clicked the arrow in the Assigned To header:
- Sort Ascending / Descending will arrange the items in the column alphabetically from A to Z or Z to A or in terms of value.
- The Columns option will allow you to check off the columns you want to appear in your grid. Column options are different for each report.
- Group By This Field will allow you to group all the items in the grid by the field from within which you have chosen the dropdown menu. If you were to click Group By This Field from within the Assigned To header menu on this report, the grid would then refresh, grouping the Workflow Tasks Reminders by whom they are assigned to rather than chronologically by Due Date:
- Show in Groups will collapse the items in each of the groups by default. Clicking the plus sign in the grid next to an item will expand the group. If you don't want your report items displayed in groups, just uncheck Show in Groups from the menu
Right-clicking a reminder here will allow you to update a Task or complete it.
Clicking on a Contact Name within one of the Task Reminder rows will take you to the contact's Workflows page, where you can see all Workflows for the contact and take further action upon them if necessary (via right-clicking).
To the right of this report is an Options widget:
Clicking Export to Excel will download the data and allow you to open it up in Microsoft Excel.
Send to Search sends the currently displayed contact names in your Workflow Task Reminders Report to your Advanced Search page, where you can take further actions with those contacts.