Redtail CRM offers you a large number of Standard Reports to assist you with quickly accessing information that is relevant to your day-to-day operations. One such report is the UDFs by Contact Report.
To access the UDFs by Contact Report, click the Standard Reports option under the Reports menu from your top navigation menu to see all of the available Standard Reports within your database:
On the resulting page, your UDFs by Contact Report is accessible within the User Defined Field Reports section:
After clicking UDFs by Contact, your report will open up, displaying an empty version of the report. Here's a look at a sample UDFs by Contact Report:
The UDFs by Contact Report is different from all of the other Standard Reports in that it requires that you apply Filters prior to retrieving any data, i.e., there is no default data that prepopulates the report.
The Filters widget is to the right of your report:
There are two ways you can filter your report:
- by selecting one of your database's UDFs from the Field menu and clicking Apply Filter. This will return all contacts who have that UDF attached to their record, regardless of the Field Value that has been assigned.
- by selecting one of your database's UDFs from the Field menu, typing in a specific Value and clicking Apply Filter. This will return all contacts who have that UDF attached to their record and also have the Field Value you specified.
If you click a contact's name from these reports, you'll be carried to the contact's Overview page, where you can access and edit their User Defined Fields, if need be.
To get more use out of the UDFs by Contact Report, use the grid system to filter, sort and group the content in the report on the fly. The grid allows:
- Reordering information by sorting and grouping
- Showing additional columns
How to use the grid:
- When in the Report, hover over the header row item you would like to filter or sort, then click the arrow that appears within that header. In the example below, referring back to the first example above, I've clicked the arrow in the Field Value header:
- Sort Ascending / Descending will arrange the items in the column alphabetically from A to Z or Z to A or in terms of value.
- The Columns option will allow you to check off the columns you want to appear in your grid. Column options are different for each report.
- Group By This Field will allow you to group all the items in the grid by the field from within which you have chosen the dropdown menu. If you were to click Group By This Field from within the Field Value header menu on this report, the grid would then refresh, grouping the data by Field Value rather than alphabetically:
- Show in Groups will collapse the items in each of the groups by default. Clicking the plus sign in the grid next to an item will expand the group. If you don't want your report items displayed in groups, just uncheck Show in Groups from the menu.