Redtail CRM offers you a large number of Standard Reports to assist you with quickly accessing information that is relevant to your day-to-day operations. One such report is the Documents by Contact Report.
To access the Documents by Contact Report, click the Standard Reports option under the Reports menu from your top navigation menu to see all of the available Standard Reports within your database:
On the resulting page, your Documents by Contact Report is accessible within the Document Reports section:
After clicking Documents by Contact, your report will open up, displaying all of the documents in alphabetical order that you have uploaded into your CRM Document Storage area for your contacts. Here's a look at a sample Documents by Contact Report:
This report displays your document data in several columns:
- Title — this is the document's file name. You'll also see an icon to the left of the Title indicating the type of document it is, e.g., Word document, JPG, PDF, Excel, etc. Note: You can double-click anywhere within a document's row (except for on the Contact Name) to download and open the document.
- Category — this displays the document's Master Category, if any has been assigned to it. You can assign Master Categories to your documents by right-clicking them after upload and selecting Edit Document. Learn more about this here.
- Account — this displays the Account the document is linked to, if any. You can assign a document to an Account by right-clicking the document after upload and selecting Edit Document. Learn more about this here.
- File Size — this displays the file size of the document.
- Date Added — this displays the date that the document was uploaded into your database.
- Contact Name — this indicates the Contact record into whose CRM Document Storage the document was uploaded. Clicking the Contact Name will take you directly to their CRM Document Storage area.
To get more use out of the Documents by Contact Report, use the grid system to filter, sort and group the content in the report on the fly. The grid allows:
- Reordering information by sorting and grouping
- Showing additional columns
How to use the grid:
- When in the Report, hover over the header row item you would like to filter or sort, then click the arrow that appears within that header. In the example below, I've clicked the arrow in the Contact Name header:
- Sort Ascending / Descending will arrange the items in the column alphabetically from A to Z or Z to A or in terms of value.
- The Columns option will allow you to check off the columns you want to appear in your grid. Column options are different for each report.
- Group By This Field will allow you to group all the items in the grid by the field from within which you have chosen the dropdown menu. If you were to click Group By This Field from within the Contact Name header menu on this report, the grid would then refresh, grouped by Contact Name rather than in alphanumeric order, as in the example below:
- Show in Groups will collapse the items in each of the groups by default. Clicking the plus sign in the grid next to an item will expand the group. If you don't want your report items displayed in groups, just uncheck Show in Groups from the menu.