Redtail CRM offers you a large number of Standard Reports to assist you with quickly accessing information that is relevant to your day-to-day operations. One such report is the Contacts by State Report.
To access the Contacts by State Report, click the Standard Reports option under the Reports menu from your top navigation menu to see all of the available Standard Reports within your database:
On the resulting page, your Contacts by State Report is accessible within the Contact Reports section:
After clicking Contacts by State, your report will open up, divided in groupings by State in which your Contacts have residence.
Note: The Contacts by State Report only looks at Primary Addresses, so if a contact doesn't have a primary address selected their record will show up in the "None" Category here. If, however, that contact with no Primary address marked has a family who share a linked home address, these family members will show up in the correctly sorted State on the Contacts by State Report, regardless of whether or not the address is marked as primary on the Family Head's record.
To illustrate this more clearly: John Doe has a home address that is not marked as primary. He will show up in the "None" Category on the Contacts by State Report. His wife and children will, however, appear within the appropriate State Category on the Contacts by State Report. If we update John's Home Address to mark it as Primary, he will then also be sorted into the correct State on this report.
Here's a look at a sample portion of a Contacts by State Report:
To get more use out of the Contacts by State Report, use the grid system to filter, sort and group the content in the report on the fly. The grid allows:
- Reordering information by sorting and grouping
- Showing additional columns
How to use the grid:
- When in the Report, hover over the header row item you would like to filter or sort, then click the arrow that appears within that header. In the example below, I've clicked the arrow in the Category header:
- Sort Ascending / Descending will arrange the items in the column alphabetically from A to Z or Z to A or in terms of value.
- The Columns option will allow you to check off the columns you want to appear in your grid. Column options are different for each report.
- Group By This Field will allow you to group all the items in the grid by the field from within which you have chosen the dropdown menu. If you were to click Group By This Field from within the Category header menu on this report, the grid would then refresh, grouped by Category rather than State, as in the example below:
- Show in Groups will collapse the items in each of the groups by default. Clicking the plus sign in the grid next to an item will expand the group. If you don't want your report items displayed in groups, just uncheck Show in Groups from the menu.