Redtail CRM offers you a large number of Standard Reports to assist you with quickly accessing information that is relevant to your day-to-day operations. One such report is the Accounts by Type Report.
To access the Accounts by Type Report, click the Standard Reports option under the Reports menu from your top navigation menu to see all of the available Standard Reports within your database:
On the resulting page, your Accounts by Type Report is accessible within the Account Reports section:
After clicking Accounts By Type, your report will open up, divided in groupings by the Account Type of those accounts listed within your contact records. (Note: the Account Type field for your accounts can be populated when adding a new account, or by right-clicking an existing account and clicking Edit Account). Here's a look at a sample portion of an Accounts by Type Report:
To get more use out of the Accounts by Type Report, use the grid system to filter, sort and group the content in the report on the fly. The grid allows:
- Reordering information by sorting and grouping
- Showing additional columns
How to use the grid:
- When in the Report, hover over the header row item you would like to filter or sort, then click the arrow that appears within that header. In the example below, I've clicked the arrow in the Status header:
- Sort Ascending / Descending will arrange the items in the column alphabetically from A to Z or Z to A or in terms of value.
- The Columns option will allow you to check off the columns you want to appear in your grid. Column options are different for each report.
- Group By This Field will allow you to group all the items in the grid by the field from within which you have chosen the dropdown menu. If you were to click Group By This Field from within the Status header menu on this report, the grid would then refresh, grouped by Status rather than Type, as in the example below:
- Show in Groups will collapse the items in each of the groups by default. Clicking the plus sign in the grid next to an item will expand the group. If you don't want your report items displayed in groups, just uncheck Show in Groups from the menu.