Redtail CRM offers you a large number of Standard Reports to assist you with quickly accessing information that is relevant to your day-to-day operations. One such report is the Notes by Contact Report.
To access the Notes by Contact Report, click the Standard Reports option under the Reports menu from your top navigation menu to see all of the available Standard Reports within your database:
On the resulting page, your Notes by Contact Report is accessible within the Note Reports section:
After clicking Notes by Contact, your report will open up, displaying all Notes entered within your database during the past week by default. Here's a look at a sample Notes by Contact Report:
This report displays your document data in several columns:
- Note Added — this is the Date and Time Stamp for the Note's entry.
- Account Number — if the Note is tied to a specific Account, the Account Number and Company will be displayed here.
- Note — this displays the Note itself.
- Category — this displays the Master Category indicated for the Note.
- Contact Name — this indicates the Contact record to whom the Note was added. Clicking the Contact Name will take you directly to their record overview.
- Added By — this displays the name of the database user that added the Note.
To get more use out of the Notes by Contact Report, use the grid system to filter, sort and group the content in the report on the fly. The grid allows:
- Reordering information by sorting and grouping
- Showing additional columns
How to use the grid:
- When in the Report, hover over the header row item you would like to filter or sort, then click the arrow that appears within that header. In the example below, I've clicked the arrow in the Category header:
- Sort Ascending / Descending will arrange the items in the column alphabetically from A to Z or Z to A or in terms of value.
- The Columns option will allow you to check off the columns you want to appear in your grid. Column options are different for each report.
- Group By This Field will allow you to group all the items in the grid by the field from within which you have chosen the dropdown menu. If you were to click Group By This Field from within the Category header menu on this report, the grid would then refresh, grouped by Master Category of the Notes rather than in order of when the Notes were added, as in the example below:
- Show in Groups will collapse the items in each of the groups by default. Clicking the plus sign in the grid next to an item will expand the group. If you don't want your report items displayed in groups, just uncheck Show in Groups from the menu.