Redtail CRM offers you a large number of Standard Reports to assist you with quickly accessing information that is relevant to your day-to-day operations. One such report is the Activities by Contact Report.
To access the Activities by Contact Report, click the Standard Reports option under the Reports menu from your top navigation menu to see all of the available Standard Reports within your database:
On the resulting page, your Activities by Contact Report is accessible within the Account Reports section:
After clicking Accounts By Contact, your report will open up, displaying all of your database's Open and Complete Activities from the past seven days by default. Here's a look at a sample portion of an Activities by Contact Report:
To get more use out of the Activities by Contact Report, use the grid system to filter, sort and group the content in the report on the fly. The grid allows:
- Reordering information by sorting and grouping
- Showing additional columns
How to use the grid:
- When in the Report, hover over the header row item you would like to filter or sort, then click the arrow that appears within that header. In the example below, I've clicked the arrow in the Category header:
- Sort Ascending / Descending will arrange the items in the column alphabetically from A to Z or Z to A or in terms of value.
- The Columns option will allow you to check off the columns you want to appear in your grid. Column options are different for each report.
- Group By This Field will allow you to group all the items in the grid by the field from within which you have chosen the dropdown menu. If you were to click Group By This Field from within the Category header menu on this report, the grid would then refresh, grouping the past week's Activities by Category rather laying them all out in date order:
- Show in Groups will collapse the items in each of the groups by default. Clicking the plus sign in the grid next to an item will expand the group. If you don't want your report items displayed in groups, just uncheck Show in Groups from the menu.
- Start Date — By default when you view this report, the Start Date is set to one week prior to today's date. You can elect a different Start Date by typing directly in the box where 07/23/2012 is displayed or by clicking on the calendar icon to the right of that date and selecting a new Start Date.
- End Date — By default when you view this report, the End Date is set to today's date. You can elect a different End Date by typing directly in the box where 07/30/2012 is displayed or by clicking on the calendar icon to the right of that date and selecting a new End Date.
- Contact — By default this is blank. If you would like to filter the Activity Report for those activities attached to a specific contact, begin typing their name in this box. When you see their name show up as an option, click it to select it.
- Activity — By default this is blank. You can search for specific words or phrases in your Activities' Subject lines here to filter by those.
- Status — By default this is set to "All Open and Complete" Activities. You can instead select to filter by "Open Activities Only" or "Completed Activities Only".
- Show Activity Types — By default all Activity Types are displayed. You can click this to instead filter by any combination of the Activity Types available within your database.
- Show Categories — By default all Activity Categories are displayed. You can click this to instead filter by any combination of the Activity Categories available within your database.
- Show Assigned — By default all database users' Activities are displayed. You can click this to instead filter by any combination of your database users' activities.
- Apply Filter — in order for any of the filters above to be activated, you must click this button after making your filter choices.