Admin users within your database have the ability to do many things which non-admin users do not. You can learn more about adding database users and granting admin rights here. Bear in mind that only the owner of your database or another user with admin rights can grant admin rights to or remove admin rights from a database user.
Below is a list of the options that are not available to non-admin users:
- Manage Database Users and Teams
- Access Dropbox Files
- Edit Activity Types List
- Edit Contact Status List
- Edit Contact Salutation List
- Edit Contact Category List
- Edit Contact Source List
- Edit Keyword List
- Edit Investment Objectives List
- Edit Master Category List
- Edit Personal Interests List
- Edit Seminar Attendee Status List
- Edit Servicing Advisor List
- Edit Writing Advisor List
- Edit User Defined Fields
- Edit Opportunity Stage List
- Create Custom Exports - non-admin users can run Custom Exports created by others, but they cannot create these themselves.
- Setting Permissions
Dependent upon your job function, you may want to contact your database owner or another admin user of your database to grant you admin rights if you do not currently have them. Redtail cannot grant these rights as this is at the discretion of your database owner or other designated admin users. The quickest way to see if you have admin rights is to click on one of the links above within your database. If you do not have admin rights, you'll see the following message: "You must be a database administrator to access this section."