If you are integrating with a portfolio management system partner, when new accounts feed over into Redtail, they will appear as unlinked accounts accessible from the Today’s Overview page. You can read more about working with Unlinked Accounts here.
To manage an existing account:
Under Contact Overview, click on the Accounts link:
This takes you to your Contact Record Accounts page, where you can view all Accounts you’ve entered for your client or that have been fed over via integration with an account aggregator:
- Right-clicking an account will provide you with the options to Edit, Delete or View Account Details:
Note: If the account is linked to Albridge, the assets section for the account will be overridden with data provided by Albridge each time the data feeds into Redtail CRM.
If you would like to track additional items such as tax qualification type, manager and more, you can edit the details of the account by selecting Edit Account. You'd then see a dialog similar to the below:
- More specific options such as open date, ownership information, beneficiaries and more can also be updated by right clicking an account and selecting View Account Details. This allows you to edit the same fields as double-clicking the account allows (see below).
- Double-clicking an account will allow you to edit account details, including Account Assets, General Information, Ownership Information, Account Beneficiaries, Account Riders, Account Agents, Payment Information, Important Dates, Account Notes, Account Documents and Account Activities.
- Note the column headers on your Accounts page. Clicking on one of these headers will sort your Accounts based upon criteria in that particular column. Clicking it again will reverse the order. Additionally, if you click on the down arrow that appears when hovering over a column header, you will see some additional options:
To add a new account:
- Click on the Add link at the top right corner of your Accounts page for a client:
- Below is a screenshot of the dialog for adding an account:
- Note: If the account is linked to Albridge, the assets section for the account will be overridden with data provided by Albridge each time the data feeds into Redtail CRM.
- Note this is the same information available when you right-click on an account and click “Edit Account.”
Also note that you should click the Add Account button at the bottom after you’ve entered all your account information.