Setting up the integration:
To take advantage of any of the integration points available, the database owner of your Redtail CRM must enable the Morningstar integration within your database. To enable, go to Manage Integrations from your Top Right Menu Bar:
On the resulting page, scroll through our alphabetical list of integration partners until you see Morningstar and click inside the On/Off toggle to enable the integration:
Your database users can then take advantage of the integration features available to all Redtail CRM users.
To utilize all of the features available to you specifically as a Morningstar Office subscriber, you'll have additional settings to update. To do so:
- In Morningstar Office Cloud, open the Navigation menu in the upper left corner and select Integrations, which is located under the Practice Management sub-heading.
- Locate the Redtail integration tile and click once on the randomly generated access code to copy it to your clipboard.
- Go to Redtail CRM and click on your username in the upper right corner. Then, select Manage Your Integrations:
- Scroll to Morningstar and click the Actions menu. Select Settings:
- Choose Morningstar Office and enter your email login and the access code that you copied:
- Click Save. The Morningstar Office integration features will then be enabled.
FEATURES AVAILABLE TO ALL REDTAIL CRM SUBSCRIBERS
Without leaving the Redtail platform, Redtail subscribers may view:
- Morningstar Security HTML reports: The Morningstar Report for mutual funds, stocks, closed-end funds and exchange-traded funds presents proprietary Morningstar data and in-depth investment research in a clear, tabular format.
- Morningstar Market Monitoring Tools, including the Morningstar Market BarometerSM, Sector Delta graphics, Fair Value Chart and Morningstar news content.
These are accessible by clicking your Integrations Menu within Redtail and then selecting Morningstar. You'd then see the below:
If you then click "Market Tools", these interactive tools will appear before you within Redtail:
FEATURES AVAILABLE TO ALL REDTAIL CRM SUBSCRIBERS WHO ALSO LICENSE MORNINGSTAR OFFICE
Redtail subscribers who license Morningstar Office have access to some additional integration points, including:
- Morningstar Security Investment Detail™ PDF reports: Investment Detail reports for mutual funds, closed-end funds, exchange-traded funds and stocks.
- Analyst Research within the Morningstar Report
- Portfolio-level reports: Including Portfolio Snapshot™, Portfolio X-Ray® and Stock IntersectionSM
These are accessible when within the Accounts section for one of your clients in Redtail. To access, you can click "Account Options" on their Accounts page, or you can click the Actions menu for an individual account, followed by selecting the report you want to view:
This will then pull the information from Morningstar into a PDF, provided the account in question has a Symbol entered for it within Redtail.
How to Add an Account Feed
Redtail subscribers who license Morningstar Office also have the ability to push Morningstar Office data into Redtail, pull contact data from Redtail into Morningstar Office and to turn on a nightly feed of Morningstar Office positional data into Redtail. After setting up the Redtail integration for Morningstar Office users, remain on the same Integrations page within Morningstar Office Cloud. Ensure that the toggle for “Add client info from Redtail” is turned on. This will pull Redtail contact information into Morningstar Office in real time:
The following confirmation notification will appear:
After you’ve completed this step, Morningstar will send us an email to notify us, at which point we will initiate the feed on the Redtail side as well.
Morningstar Office resources:
If you are an existing Morningstar user and need support, Morningstar can be reached at 866.215.2503 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out how Morningstar can help your firm: Call +1 800 886-9324 or Email: email@example.com
If you are looking for more Investment Research options, click here!
If you are looking for more Risk Analysis options, click here!